Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Gender reveal

JamesJean23JamesJean23 Posts: 82
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We are going tomorrow to find out the sex of our baby, however we will not know until Saturday as friends wanted to throe us a gender reveal party. I don't like surprises much as I get horrible anxiety, needless to say I'm freaking out about this currently situation. I felt bad knocking the idea down as my wife was really excited for it. We have a 2 year old daughter and so far this pregnancy is exactly the same as my first, so naturally I'm convinced it's another girl. My fear is if they say its a boy I'm literally going to be shocked and think I will cry. No bad tears by any means but legit shocked tears. I don't want people to think I'm upset, because again that is not the case at all.
I don't have many mom friends and felt if I stated all this to a non mom friend they may think I'm nuts. :-)

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I don't think any feelings are crazy when you are pregnant and certainly not the something as important as the sex of your new baby. Turning the reveal over to friends is a big thing. How would your wife react if you wanted to turn the table and the two of you reveal to others the sex of your baby? My son and his fiancé have decided not to tell anyone the sex of their baby when they find out. I would never tell them but I am a little disappointed but I respect their decision.
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think your feelings are valid. I hate surprises that I'm anxious about. If it were me I'd talk with my partner and let her know my feelings and concerns. A compromise that might work for us is for the healthcare practitioner to write the results down on two notes. One you can take to the baker, etc. and the other you can open sometime in the next few days when you're alone. Then you can be happily "surprised" and thrilled during the party but avoid all of the anxiety that pregnancy seems to amplify.