Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

To open it or not?

Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Soooo....at our anatomy scan last week, my wife found out the baby's sex. I didn't, because I didn't want to know. Today, I came home from work to this

34j5g8y.jpg

I love opening presents! This is pure torture and I'm not sure how long I make it before I give in....

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Oh I'd be opening that! Haha
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Yeaaahhhhh.... I totally suck at not opening presents. Looks like we're having a little boy though! First name will be Rowan, middle name undecided still.

ipnvgp.jpg

Still not telling family or friends though!
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Congrats! You lasted a good hour and a half LOL!!
    So many boys lately!!!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There have been a ton of boys! Not going to lie, I really wanted a girl as this will be our only one and I already have a stepson but I'm happy that baby is healthy and right on schedule.

I actually lasted.... almost 9 hours! She text me while I was at work so I had to think about it all.day.long. lol

FutureSMBC wrote:
    Congrats! You lasted a good hour and a half LOL!!
    So many boys lately!!!
  • Options
    Ksquared33Ksquared33 Posts: 56
    edited November -1
    Congrats!
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    That is absolutely adorable! And I'm impressed you made it that long. I knew I wouldn't make it through the ultrasound without finding out. Congrats on your little guy!
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Congratulations
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Congrats! We wanted a girl too. We had no idea how on earth to raise a boy. We got a boy, and we're hoping the second is another boy. Now we have no idea how to raise a girl!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I mostly didn't want to know because I was afraid I would be disappointed....and I am a little, but we are going to go buy some outfits this weekend and being able to call the baby by name is nice. I'm glad I didn't find out at the ultrasound because I probably would have burst out in tears lol !
    JandRVA wrote:
    That is absolutely adorable! And I'm impressed you made it that long. I knew I wouldn't make it through the ultrasound without finding out. Congrats on your little guy!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! Ha, it's funny how that works out. :)

katoo wrote:
    Congrats! We wanted a girl too. We had no idea how on earth to raise a boy. We got a boy, and we're hoping the second is another boy. Now we have no idea how to raise a girl!
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Aww! Congrats! I'd agree with calling baby by name. It makes it so much more real.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    A little boy. Congratulations...
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    That is a really cute way to find out
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I mostly didn't want to know because I was afraid I would be disappointed....and I am a little, but we are going to go buy some outfits this weekend and being able to call the baby by name is nice. I'm glad I didn't find out at the ultrasound because I probably would have burst out in tears lol !

That's actually been my favorite part of finding out the sex. We had been calling the baby Bubbles since we found out that we were pregnant (on account of my ovaries being covered in lots of little bubbles after getting hyperstimulated on Clomid). Now we're getting used to calling her by her real name: Rose.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! Cute pants too.
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    that is such a cute option! i wouldn't have lasted either. congrats!
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! What a fun way to find out <3
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Congrats :) And awesome name choice! <3 We have a Rowan, she fits her name perfectly.
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! We're excited!

Rowan was a top name choice for a boy or a girl, I love it so much! Having a hard time coming up with a middle name though....our favorite is Aslan, but then babys initals would be RAT :( So, back to the drawing board for that. Rowan is here to stay though! :)
    MNmommas wrote:
    Congrats :) And awesome name choice! <3 We have a Rowan, she fits her name perfectly.
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Ours is a Rowan Sage. There are a lot of great middle names that fit well with Rowan - best wishes deciding on one! I suppose you have to avoid names that start with A, O, and U. :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    That's adorable and awesome on the part of your wife - she must a be a good one! I hoped for a girl and was worried about being disappointed, too, but more afraid of feeling that way at birth if it was a boy. I wanted to find out early and clear up any clouds well ahead of arrival. We had a girl and now I wish my wife would let us have #3 so we can have that boy! Your lil' prince is gonna be amazing - congrats!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I feel bad saying it now, because my daughter is my world (and the fact that it took awhile for us to be able to even have a child).....but my husband and I really wanted a boy. When the ultrasound tech said we were having a girl, we were both kinda sad. As weird as that sounds. I remember thinking all along that I was having a boy, and then being surprised! I am glad I found out though, because then I got all excited about be able to go shopping for my little one! I know that I could have gone shopping, gender aside, but I think buying all the little girly outfits was so fun!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz