Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

20 week ultrasound

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We have our 20wk ultrasound this week and I'm freaking myself out about it. My best friend just had a traumatic pregnancy that did not go well, and she had thought it all fine until her 20wk ultrasound. It's also the same place I had the ultrasound for my miscarriage.
I'm pretty sure that things are ok. I think. I think I feel kicking, maybe? We've had 3 ultrasounds, at 8,10,11 weeks.. chromosomal testing came back normal.. we've heard he heartbeat as expected every time.. I just keep perseverating on thoughts that it's going to be bad.
Anybody else feel this way?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I have not been in your position but I'm thinking of you. I hope it went well. Many hugs!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Yes, kinda. More of an "it's too good to be true" feeling. I'm sure everything is fine. It's so relieving to actually see it with your eyes though.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I was terrified before my 19 week ultrasound. I cried in the waiting room because I was so scared that something horrible would be found. Everything was fine, obviously!
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    This will be me every step of the way of this lil bean decides to stick around.
    I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your baby grows healthy and strong!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I was absolutely terrified. I was convinced something was wrong! I think one negative to reading up on fertility as much as we all do is we are so much more aware of what can happen, even when the odds are tiny. Also, as soon as I tell anyone we got pregnant in any way that isn't "traditional", they feel a desire to open up to me with stories amount themselves or people they know. These stories are usually traumatic. Hang in there! Focus on positives. If you haven't tried prenatal yoga, it helped me a lot around that time.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Honestly, I've found every ultrasound to be incredibly stressful this time around and there has been a lot - I have to get them every couple of weeks to check for cervical length changes. We're due for our anatomy scan at the end of the week and I'm already a bit panicked over it. It's getting more difficult as I get closer to the point where I had the PPRoM in my last pregnancy - 20w,1d. My wife keeps reminding me that this is a different pregnancy and we have not experienced any of the complications that we with our first. But it's still incredibly hard to deal with the emotional side of things at times. Just remember that you're not alone and what you're feeling is perfectly normal. I don't know if you've checked it out but the Pregnancy After Loss Support website has been tremendously helpful for me. And if you need a sympathetic ear, please feel free to email me.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.