Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Maternity clothes for short chubsters like me

katookatoo Posts: 324
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Where do you find them?!?!? My first pregnancy I barely showed before 6 months, and then I had good luck finding knee length dresses for work, but it was summer. I went to Ross today, and all the had were leggings and tanks. Then I went to Kohl's and it was all the Motherhood brand, and they were selling fraying sweaters for $50. Ugh. I can't stand the cheap quality of Motherhood maternity stuff, but I could stomach spending $50 when it bought me a whole outfit (a dress), but a dinky sweater that's already falling apart? Come on.

Comments

• Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Don't have experience yet but I have a lot of outfits from Torrid that i'm sure will be able to use for most of the pregnancy.
    I usually go for empire waist dresses and shirts so they are roomy.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    For tops, I just shopped in the plus size area. I prefer loose fitting shirts anyway, and that way I could continue wearing the shirts afterwards.

I did get Motherhood Maternity pants -- two pair that I ordered online. They were comfy and held up well to being worn and washed frequently for several months. They are size 18 (short/petite) -- if that's your size, I'd be glad to give them to you (or anyone else who reads this and is interested).
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    I'm average height (5'6") but a little on the heavier side (16/18 in pants), I've had good luck finding maternity clothes at Goodwill.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I had good luck finding stuff at thrift stores and motherhood maternity. I know motherhood is kinda expensive, but they have a bunch of different styles and from what I remember they make some of the pants in a shorter size. I always liked the plus size clothes at motherhood.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Another thought I just had are leggings! You can dress them up or down, and they weren't too expensive too! :)
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    During my first pregnancy my wife went to goodwill at least twice a week, and found me a grand total of 3 maternity items! Oh well. Last night I discovered some good shirts on Amazon, and since I have Prime, returns will be free if they look awful in person. I also discovered that target.com has tons more maternity items than our local stores stock. I think there's some hope.
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    I agree the quality of Motherhood Maternity isn't always the greatest but I find their leggings are the best fitting ones for me (I'm 5'7 but I have short legs and a long torso). I found that signing up for their email list and waiting for sales and coupons was the easiest way to afford day-to-day clothing. During one of their big sales, I bought 4 pairs of leggings and 6 tops for about $100. They were also the most accommodating when I went to the store to get sized for the first time - those ladies were just so helpful.

Personally, I really hated Old Navy's maternity options. Their leggings were the tightest and scratchiest. I won't even go into the terrible options they had for tops (I found them really unflattering for my pregnant belly).
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Clothes are the bane of my existence.

No advice but I can absolutely relate.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    i wear regular clothing but bigger, usually fitted to my body tho to show off bump. Target for real maternity seems fine. i actually have several dresses I wear from that department NOT when pregnant.

motherhood is way overpriced. i wont buy there anymore either.
    OH try old navy online!! you can return in the store for free. I always get free shipping by buying $50 worth of stuff and tons of 30% or more off codes