Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Breast Pumps

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We're now at the point of the pregnancy where we're getting serious about figuring out all the stuff we'll need for our little girl. After looking through my insurance coverage for breast pumps, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed and way out of my comfort zone. I can get 100% coverage if I go with one of these options:

Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Pump

Evenflo Deluxe Double Electric Breast Pump

Medela Pump-in-Style Advanced Starter Set

Spectra S2

Hygeia Q Pump with Tote

Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump

Evenflo Double Electric Breast Pump

Ameda One-hand Manual Pump

Does anyone have any insight or advice on this? Based on the reviews I've read, I'm currently leaning towards the Medela but I was curious if anyone had any opinions on any of them.
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I don't have any experience, but when I was ordering mind everyone told me to get the Medela.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    I haven't used mine yet, but based on reviews and my doctor and lactation consultants suggestion, I ordered the Spectra.

First, decide what features are important to you....for me, I wanted a closed system pump, one that most closely mimicked a babies suckling, and one that had attachments available for the direct pump system I'm using (kiinde).

I read reviews on my top choices and went from there. The only thing I don't like about the Spectra is that you can't get replacement parts at any store, but they are fairly easy and cheap to order online.
  • Options
    momsquaredmomsquared Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    We used Medela and I have never heard a bad thing about them
    December 2016 Ages 9,7,5 & 3
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I got both the medela PISA and the spectra. The spectra felt smoother, but it didn't get me any more milk than the medela. I struggled with low-supply and lots of folks claim the spectra boosts supply, but definitely not for me. I also rented a medela symphony from the hospital before getting the spectra. Again, it was smoother feeling than the PISA, but did not get any more milk than the PISA. The PISA is a workhorse--I'd recommend that. My spectra broke after a few months. (They did replace it, no questions asked.)