Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anatomy Scan

syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We had our anatomy scan this past Thursday. So far, baby looks healthy but they said to come back in 4 weeks to get better pictures of the heart. At first we freaked out, but it seems pretty common. My thoughts right now are to believe everything is perfect until we are told otherwise. So, our plan is to just be excited that our daughter is getting a little brother! :)
tt1d79f4
tt1b89c8.aspx

Comments

• Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kelleymel wrote:
    Congratulations!!

Thank you, Kelleymel! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys to get your BFP sooner than later!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also had to get a follow-up ultrasound because they couldn't get a good picture of the heart during the 20-week scan. I just looked at it as a bonus extra peek, and everything was perfect on the follow-up scan. I think it must be easier to see things at 24 weeks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RedHeather wrote:
    I also had to get a follow-up ultrasound because they couldn't get a good picture of the heart during the 20-week scan. I just looked at it as a bonus extra peek, and everything was perfect on the follow-up scan. I think it must be easier to see things at 24 weeks.

Hearing this definitely makes me feel better and better. It's so hard not to worry yourself to death, especially in those first minutes they tell you to come back!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!! I also had to go for a follow up scan of my daughter's heart and all was well. In fact, before the sonographer even started the first anatomy scan, she warned me I may have to come back because I was just about 19 weeks. Very common!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    syoung0204 wrote:
    kelleymel wrote:
    Congratulations!!

Thank you, Kelleymel! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys to get your BFP sooner than later!

Thank you. I hope so too.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations again.

We had to go in for a second anatomy scan too. They mentioned potential concerns about his heart. In reality Thomas was moving around too much for them to get good pictures. He would only hold still if they were imaging his penis. He was as wiggly on the second exam but we had a different technician who craftily got all the measurements they needed to declare him happy, healthy and a dancing fiend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    blkbrd3 wrote:
    Congratulations again.

We had to go in for a second anatomy scan too. They mentioned potential concerns about his heart. In reality Thomas was moving around too much for them to get good pictures. He would only hold still if they were imaging his penis. He was as wiggly on the second exam but we had a different technician who craftily got all the measurements they needed to declare him happy, healthy and a dancing fiend.

Haha!! This made me laugh out loud for real!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    That's completely normal. Happened to us to. It's horrible to say but I think they do it at 20 weeks partly in case they see something that makes you want to terminate the pregnancy. That's the gist of what I remember being told but of course the tech was trying to put it more sensitively than that. In a lot of cases they can't get the pics of the heart they want till later, but they don't want to wait that long to find out about other potential issues. Sounds like you're good! I remember being a bit taken aback too when I got told I needed to come for another scan but it's just another chance for you to get a little peak at your wee one.
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    We had to come in for a second anatomy scan as well. Our OB was going to be out on maternity leave and asked us to come in for ours at 16 weeks so she could evaluate it herself. But they couldn't get a good view of the kidneys and heart at the time. So we went in a month later for another one (which wasn't too inconvenient since we have to go in for cervical length monitoring every two weeks). While our little girl has been super calm during the ultrasounds, she has a weird thing about always keeping one of her hands or arms up against her face. We have yet to get a single image of her face that doesn't include an arm and we're down to the last monitoring session next week - so no more pictures soon.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.