Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Gift for Pregnancy

cassafrascassafras Posts: 219
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi everyone! My sister recently found out that she is pregnant, 9 weeks along. Her birthday is in three weeks and my wife and I thought we would put together a pregnancy care package for her as a gift. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? I'm looking for things that would be helpful to her during pregnancy, not gifts for the baby.

Comments

• Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Belly band to support her back as baby grows.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe a pack of pregnancy milestone photo cards/stickers for her to use for weekly bump photos.
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stuff that's good for morning sickness
    Lotion, my skin got really dry during pregnancy
    Gift certificate for a pregnancy massage
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    LearningLearning Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    It was really comforting detecting the FHR with my fetal doppler during the 1st trimester. I was able to consistently find the heart rate at around 11.5 weeks which was especially reassuring given I was not able to feel the baby move until about 19 weeks. You can purchase a doppler online for $35-$40.
    SMBC: 44
    2012: Embryos created, CGH tested & vitrified from 2 IVF cycles.
    2016: FET of 2 Euploid, 5-day blastocysts. Singleton BFP.
    N5cVm5.png
    countdown-1461387600z1485583200zg.png
    tt1d2203
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    She'll be quickly approaching her second tri by her birthday. To round out the basket, maybe a pair of comfy maternity leggings. The Ross near me has tons of super cozy fleece-lined maternity leggings for $6 right now. Also, chocolate. (Unless she has an aversion to it right now.) Maybe some recipes for freezer meals to make before the baby comes. Fancy lip balm for the never ending chapped lips. That's all I've got right now.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maternity clothes are oh so helpful- nothing fit right for long. A prenatal massage was heaven sent for me, although pricey. We got a nice frame specifically meant for ultrasound photos what was cool. Hum.. anything pampering was really just the best.
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    My mom has bought me three massages this pregnancy. Best things ever. You can get a decently priced one at Massage Envy as long as it is your first purchase. I think it's $40 for an hour long prenatal.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!