Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Morning Sickness Remedies

arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So my morning sickness has really kicked in and I'm wondering what remedies you guys have tried that have worked? My midwife suggested creating my own remedy at home with B6 and Unisom?? I have no clue what I'm doing and would love some advice from tried and trued remedies. Thanks ladies!

Comments

• Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    The B6/Unisom combo was the only thing that really worked for me. My OB recommended 50mg B6 with half a Unisom but I could only take it at night since the Unisom knocked me out (but that doesn't happen to everyone - I'm just really sensitive to it). During the day, I would occasionally take an extra 50mg B6 tablet which helped a bit. Otherwise, I found it easier to eat really cold things like popsicles and smoothies and focusing on really small meals throughout the day (about 6-10 small meals a day). Good luck! Hopefully, the MS will pass soon.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not pregnant yet, but the prenatals I take have B6 and ginger (and some other stuff) to help with nausea.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Half a unisom before bed plus B6 (50 mg was the lowest dose I could find) worked for me--not a cure all, but kept the nausea manageble. With my son I was sicker and often took half a unisom in the morning as well. The unisom has to be the tablets and not the liqui-gels. The liqui-gels have a different active ingredient.
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    I second the B6 and Unisom combo. Nothing else really worked for me. I was able to take it twice a day as needed and I actually took 100mg of the B6. 50mg didn't really help at that dosage. I also ate small meals, crackers, preggie pops, etc. I had food aversions, too, and was highly sensitive to smells. I didn't end up gaining any weight in my pregnancy, but I was overweight to begin with, had gestational diabetes, and my baby was very healthy. :-) She's 5 years old now.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    i agree with the 1/2 tab unisom and b6/b12 combo. (i took 25-50mg) I was SUPER sick last baby and this is the only thing that helped. sea bands work some, lemonaide or sour candies. I could NOT do anything peppermint. I just lived to sleep to get over with it. LOTS of protein and carbs, often.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone, I know what I'll be buying at the store!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    yes, I get this with nearly every baby. mine is starving feeling plus need to keep away nausea. i found super high protein foods worked best but I could not go more than 2 hrs during the day.

are you pregnant with twins by chance?

anyway, eggs in the morning or some type of meat. almonds, nuts, cheese, carbs. protein drink that dont have soy in it. this should all help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tinydancer wrote:
    yes, I get this with nearly every baby. mine is starving feeling plus need to keep away nausea. i found super high protein foods worked best but I could not go more than 2 hrs during the day.

are you pregnant with twins by chance?

anyway, eggs in the morning or some type of meat. almonds, nuts, cheese, carbs. protein drink that dont have soy in it. this should all help.

I'm not sure yet if it's twins. I'll have my first ultrasound on December 5th and we'll know then for sure. I need to start incorporating some meat or eggs into my breakfast. I usually have a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter plus some fruit and cottage cheese, something like that. I know the peanut butter is protein but perhaps not enough. Thanks!