Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Rant: I'm SO hungry ALL the time

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I'm at work and I could cry because I'm so hungry.
I ate about an hour ago and it didn't do anything. Then had some chips and I could still eat a horse.
All I think about is food and get mad if I can't eat when I want. I wake up on the middle of the night and have a hard time going back to sleep because I'm thinking about what I want to eat next.
Today I had two dreams where i was stuffing my face with food I can't get where i live now.
Positive side? No morning sickness at all... yet.
Anyone else hungry all the time?
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    That has been the hardest to manage symptom for me! I'd suggest having a snack basket next to your bed with non perishables and drinks that aren't cold. When you wake up, eat without turning the light on and it makes it slightly easier to go to sleep. I used to try to fight it like I did before I was pregnant. Doesn't work. Now I just am used to having snacks at 2am. I also replaced drinking water at the beginning of my work day with drinking juice. Extra calories!

Good luck :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was obsessed with where my next food was coming from and what it was going to be. I would literally eat the last bite of something and start dreaming about my next meal.
    Enjoy it and eat!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
    edited November -1
    I had this problem in the very beginning. I'm only 5 weeks along so it kicked in early. Morning sickness has started for me which makes me less hungry all the time. Just eat!
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    That was a problem I had from about 13 weeks until 18 weeks. Now I'm having the opposite problem - I have no appetite at all and it's really hard for me to think of something to eat even when I know I desperately need it. When I was going through the hungry stage, I found it really helpful to have some easy healthy snacks ready to eat: apple slices with almond butter, precut veggies with dip, individual servings of greek yogurt... stuff like that.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    I am so hungry all the time, I could graze all day and still not be full. :D I feel your pain!
  • Options
    LearningLearning Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    Yep...forever hungry, for anything (nutritious & non). One would think I was training for the NFL with the linebacker-sized servings I devour sometimes!
    SMBC: 44
    2012: Embryos created, CGH tested & vitrified from 2 IVF cycles.
    2016: FET of 2 Euploid, 5-day blastocysts. Singleton BFP.
    N5cVm5.png
    countdown-1461387600z1485583200zg.png
    tt1d2203
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm always hungry as well. I am pre-diabetic and the doctor has me eating as if I am diabetic. So I think it makes me hungrier when I don't have as many options lol
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I'm hungry all the time too, but I'm also diabetic so I can't eat the things I want to eat, and things I could eat a ton of (veggies) are still hard on my stomach. I dream about food pretty much every night.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November 2016
    I eat my fruits and veggies but that doesn't cut it. The other day I ate Fugi apple the size of a grapefruit and it did nothing on my hunger.
    Thankfully, I don't want sweets, just food.
    Hopefully it will go away soon because I'm terrified of GD.

In the last 8 hours so far I've had:
    A 20ish oz smoothie (strawberries and milk)
    2 vermicelli tofu noodle bowls
    1/2 a tofu bah mi sandwich
    And I'm already soooo hungry I want to eat the other half of my sandwich but I know I shouldn't be this hungry!!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    yeah you are eating nearly all foods that digest quickly. thats why
    the tofu tho is soy and not recommended for pregnancy at all. it can disrupt the progesterone and put your pregnancy at risk for loss/bleeding
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course you're hungry!! Eat! And don't feel bad about it!!
    Seriously, there's no guarantee that you'll have any appetite at all next week, much less next month. Eat the healthiest foods you are interested in and can tolerate now and you're doing just fine.
    I was OBSESSED with food and what I was going to eat all the time at the beginning, but it didn't last and now I wish I had interest in food. I'm 25 weeks, have gained 5lbs, and passed my GD test with no problems at all.
    The one thing about pregnancy is there is no guarantee it will stay the same from day to day, much less week to week. Do what you need to do now, which clearly is to EAT!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png