Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Pregnancy symptoms when will they kick in

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Pregnancy and Babies
I'm 5 weeks on Friday.

Symptom wise:
Light headed/dizzy
Boobs are extremely sore
Craving water BAD

When did you guys start experiencing symptoms? I'm just nervous because I wish I had more so I knew baby was fine and growing. 1st ultrasound isn't until December 16th and I should be 8 weeks. I feel like that's forever away.
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Symptoms are not always an indication of how well things are going .. but I know exactly what you mean because I felt the same way. Around week 6-8 is when nausea kicks in for a lot of women. I was relieved to have sickness because it was like a constant reminder of the pregnancy but let me tell you, a couple weeks later I was weeping cause I couldn't take it anymore. Haha soooo careful what you wish for. You're baby is there and doing great and you have no reason to belive otherwise mama :)
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    At 5 weeks, I only had very minor symptoms - mostly bizarre dreams, constantly feeling warm, and sore breasts. I also was super thirsty and felt like I could not drink enough water.

But from 6 weeks to about 13 weeks, I had the worst morning sickness. I was constantly nauseous and on the verge of vomiting. As much as I craved water, I couldn't stand drinking it. Food aversions ruled my life (chicken was seriously the worst thing ever). And the heartburn kicked in. Luckily, most of those things cleared up around 13 weeks (except for the heartburn which I still have and it's getting progressively worse each week).

Strangely enough, I found myself missing the morning sickness after it ended because I didn't really have any pregnancy signs from 13 weeks to 18 weeks when I felt the first baby flutters. It was almost comforting to feel sick because I knew that meant she was okay and to suddenly not have that was nerve-wracking for me. But she's now at the point of kicking up a storm so the nerves have largely melted away (especially since we've reached viability).
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It scares me to not have many symptoms. I am 8 weeks 1 day and sometimes have sore nipples and diarrhea but other then that I don't really have any symptoms. By 6 weeks I was pretty symptomless. I worry do to my last pregnancy ending in MC but my mom tells me she had no symptoms either.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I never had glaringly-obvious symptoms. I remember thinking I could kinda understand those "I didn't know I was pregnant" stories because other than the lack of a period, the other symptoms were mild enough that someone who hadn't been TTC could easily have dismissed them. I didn't have any history of loss, but it still wasn't until I started feeling movement (which was on the late side -- 21 weeks, I think) that I was really able to relax.
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday...

During my first and second trimester, I only had minor fatigue. No morning sickness, no hot flashes, no sore boobs....nothing.

Third trimester, I've had some leakage at the boobs and back pain. To date, I've gained 8lbs. And I've finally started feeling consistent movement (anterior placenta is to blame for it taking so long).

Despite my lack of the usual symptoms, I have a healthy active little boy growing right on track.
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I never had a ton of symptoms and it made me so nervous too. I really never had much nausea. For me, symptoms came in waves throughout the whole pregnancy. It was like I got a new batch of hormones, felt some symptoms, then nothing a few days later. The beginning was rough because I never felt pregnant. Now I'm 4 days overdue and would do anything to not feel pregnant. Haha!!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
    edited November -1
    Prior to 5 weeks my biggest symptom was my boobs were extremely sore and sometimes I would have these sharp pains in my nipples. Right around 5 weeks I started getting morning sickness; I'm 6 weeks 3 days now and the morning sickness is only getting worse. I've also started to feel pretty tired most days, right around lunch time. If your the type that will have symptoms, just wait until 6 weeks and they will probably kick in!
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Halfway through my 12th week and still not symptoms other than I get very hungry and I need to eat food, no snacks. I think it's changing now where I don't feel as hungry but I'm not sure I'll be spared from nausea as sometimes I have to pause myself and breathe.
    I used to get dizzy and shaky too but that doesn't happen anymore.
    Now I think I'm having ligament pains because I woke up with my side throbbing from the position I was sleeping in.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    I am having twins, and I would think it would be really bad but not much morning sickness at all. I am smell sensitive, but never sick, its like yuck I don't like that smell. I am at week 10, did gain 4lbs already :D
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Not to scare you but just as okay said symptoms don't mean everything is ok. All 3 of my pregnancies I had symptoms and none of them were viable. Enjoy the lack of symptoms while you can.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I've had very few symptoms this pregnancy. I have some food aversions, am constipated, and get headaches. I'm mildly more tired than normal, but not anything like the exhaustion that came with my first. I'm really happy I was able to start feeling the baby consistently at 13 weeks, or I'd still be freaking out that things weren't going well.
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Honestly with my first I never really had symptoms. Never had morning sickness or anything. I felt him at 21-weeks and if he was not moving I would often forget I was pregnant. I even remember looking down at 7-months and thinking "oh ya"
    Easiest pregnancy ever!
    I think with my second I had some morning sickness at 6 ish weeks.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    My symptoms kicked in hardcore at around 6 weeks.....all day sickness, headaches, food aversions. The whole 9 yards. As others have said it really isn't any indication of how things are going though if you don't get any symptoms.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    acennamo86acennamo86 Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    I had no symptoms at all! Never threw up and don't recall being sore or tired outside of the norm. Enjoy feeling so well when pregnant!
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So I had a headache on going al day. Work up a little before 3am and it was worse and I was nauseous. For the first time this pregnancy I threw up and it wasn't one time. I really miss the no symptoms lol. I assume it was morning sickness but who knows.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    I never had any symptoms that weren't either from the progesterone I was on in the beginning or possibly all in my head. The RE had me stop the progesterone after the 6 weeks ultrasound, after which the only symptom I had (sore boobs) went away and I freaked out. The nurses at the RE's office gave me another ultrasound at 8 weeks just out of kindness and everything was fine. No other symptoms after that except food and smell aversions that could have just been in my head. I hope this pregnancy is just as smooth and easy for you! Since I didn't have much for symptoms, I did get a home Doppler and used it from about 11 weeks - not every day, not to disturb baby too much, but I got a good quality one and it reliably picked up her heartbeat so it was great peace of mind for a few weeks then before I could feel her kicking (18w1d) and during any lulls in kicking later on. All the best!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The worst it ever got for me was being super tired and nauseous. It peaked around 10 weeks then I started feeling better. It's not terrible for everyone :)
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6