Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Weight loss?

perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Did any of you lose weight the first trimester? Ever since I got my positive I e noticed my weight going down. I do eat but I eat GD diet foods since the doctor told me to treat myself as GD do to pre-diabetes. I got o. The scale today and lost 16 pounds with just eating better. Is that ok for the baby?
Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!

Comments

• Options
    arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
    edited November -1
    I haven't lost any weight, only gained and probably more than I should have at this point. BUT, I have heard and read a lot of stories where women lose weight the first trimester mainly due to morning sickness so I think it's ok. I've also read a lot that drinking fluids is more important in the first trimester than eating but if you are worried I would definitely talk to your doctor. I think you are good though!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I haven't lost any weight, only gained and probably more than I should have at this point. BUT, I have heard and read a lot of stories where women lose weight the first trimester mainly due to morning sickness so I think it's ok. I've also read a lot that drinking fluids is more important in the first trimester than eating but if you are worried I would definitely talk to your doctor. I think you are good though!
    Thanks. The crazy thing is I don't even feel pregnant. I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks and had already lost 9 pounds but the doctor told me as long as I dont go hungry I should be fine. It just makes me nervous. After my MC everything makes me nervous. I have an appointment with him next Wednesday and I will be sure to talk to him.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I lost 10lbs the first trimester and now at 27wks I am up 7lbs from my start weight. Dr says everything is perfect, baby's size and health according to multiple ultrasounds is perfect as well. The first 24wks the dr said "go ahead and eat" as if I wasn't, but since then I've been looking great and everything is excellent.
    I agree about staying hydrated. If you can, add some nuts and avocados to your diet, they're so good for you!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November 2016
    As long as baby is growing throughout pregnancy you should be fine. You are eating right. It's pretty normal to loose weight in the first trimester. Like people mentioned morning sickness is a big culprit. You are also eating better and probably overall lower calorie foods. Your body is also using up a lot of nutrients to maintain the pregnancy. Sometimes I hear of people actually being a few pounds lighter, just a few over, or the same as their prepregnancy weight. Congrats again and hope you have an easy pregnancy
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lost weight after I went on the GD diet, but I didn't go on it until late in my 2nd trimester, so most weight loss happened in the 3rd trimester. I was up about 10 lbs before then, ended up back at my pre-pregnancy weight before birth, and was about 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight immediately post-partum (though unfortunately I've gained it all back). Your starting BMI will be a big factor in the extent to which weight loss is ok, but generally weight loss in the first trimester isn't a big deal because the baby isn't putting on much weight then. My daughter ended up being barely over 7 lbs when she was born at 41 weeks, so a little on the skinny side, but she was/is very healthy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. I just worry about another MC. I saw the heartbeat at 6weeks 3days and go back on the 30th. Hopefully we will do another ultrasound and seeing the baby again will help me stop worrying.

• Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    I lost 20lbs my first trimester (with no morning sickness--I just wasn't hungry). My dr said as long as I took my prenatals and stayed hydrated he wasn't worried about it. I started pregnancy out overweight though. Ideally, he wants me to gain no more then 11lbs overall. At almost 30wks, I'm only up 8lbs from my starting weight. Baby is perfectly healthy and measuring 2 days ahead.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear you on the worry. I continue to be constantly worried and surprised about how well things are going with this pregnancy. Every time they do an ultrasound I am shocked. Every single time.
    I'd like to tell you that it gets better/easier... but I'm not sure that it does. You just take it one day at a time and make the best choices you can make in each moment.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^^^ this is good advice.

Lots of pregnant women lose tons of weight due to extreme morning sickness and deliver happy, healthy babies. If you're body is feeling good and you feel like you're eating a balanced diet, I would... oh honestly I'd worry, worry, worry. But of all the things to worry about during pregnancy a slow weight loss is the smallest concern there could be.
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I didn't gain a single pound my entire pregnancy and he was born a healthy 7 pounds at 37+1. I've lost 5 pounds so far this pregnancy and my care providers are OK with that too - I started out both pregnancies obese, so maintaining my weight or a slow weight loss are healthy options for me.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. I will check with my doctor and as long as he is still on with it then I will be ok with it. I can't wait to to go back on the 30th. I just need to hear the heart again.