Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

What Is this?!?!

ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I would post a picture if I knew how but I need some advice. My son has had rsv and we took him to urgent care last week because he broke out in a Petechia rash and it was very alarming. They did tests and blood work and ruled out all the scary things like leukemias and cancers. The rash went away completely and now
Is back on his arm and hand really bad. It's scaring the **** out of me and I'm
Curious if any of you know why he wouldn't get this.

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Roseola? Our little guy currently has it. :(
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    pikespeakpikespeak Posts: 106
    edited November -1
    Could it be an allergic reaction to something? Any new soap, laundry detergent, etc?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It isn't roseola. Its called petechia (spelling) I know what it is. It's why is he getting it.
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Did he rub his hand and arm against something while sleeping? I'm not sure about babies, but in adults those are caused by friction against the skin. When I worked as a CNA, we tried to prevent them by minimizing friction when repositioning residents or changing their clothes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Redheather, I am not sure but today while at the dr. he was crying so hard that they instantly showed up on his face all over....Red, pinprick spots all over..I know it can happen when screaming or straining but it happened when he wasnt either..
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    It may have been caused initially by the RSV? Sometimes it is just a bad infection/virus that causes it. But I probably wouldn't rely on urgent care alone since there are very serious possible causes. I'd follow up with my ped or go to the ER if it is getting worse. Keep us posted, hope all is OK.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited December 2016
    my child had this on an off for 6 months and the drs had no clue what it was and cancer words were thrown around till I did research. child had to been seen at dermatologist for a wart and the dr there diagnosed him with hsp disease. it happens after strep or a major illness, which is exactly what happened to him. he had bruises and petichia everywhere. it was so scary. he had it for 2 months before diagnosis. they wanted to do a biopsy and everything and I would not allow it. joints ached but the spots didnt hurt. no treatment.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/henoch-schonlein-purpura-causes-symptoms-treatment#1
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    also if there is any liver issue and its not hsp, petichia can happen. the platelets are too low.