Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Dating after you've become a single mom by choice

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I never thought I'd pick up dating, but there happens to be a guy that I really want to ask out for a date. He has similar interests as mine. However, he happens to be my child's gymnastics coach. Would you ever ask your child's coach out on a date? If he says no or even if he says yes I'll have to deal with seeing him every day at my child's practices. He also is a teacher and has a busy schedule like me. I don't even know if he has a girlfriend already. He hurries out of the gym and gymnastic meets, so he may have a girlfriend or maybe he's just done with a 12 hour work day and is ready to get home and have some time to himself.

Maybe he doesn't have any interest in taking on a woman who has 3 kids already. I'm really nervous because of the unknowns but really want to take that chance by asking him out. If you ask him out on a date and he says yes, do you not let your child know that you are going out on a date with his coach? Do you tell your children your going on a date or wait until it becomes more serious?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe instead of coming right out and asking him for a date, you could say something like "So, what do you do when you're not coaching?" That way, if he is attached, he can let you know with a little less awkwardness. And if he's not, you can start up a flirty conversation.
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not great at flirting, but you could ask him if he'd like to join you to discuss balancing teaching, coaching, and a busy life over coffee or a snack. That's a light way of asking him out that could be taken as 100% platonic if he wants to see it like that.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Definitely leave the kids out of it for a long time even if things seem to be working out he'd only be "mom's friend" until mom is absolutely sure there was a future with him. You deserve to be happy and it's lonely to spend your whole life alone. I am still best friends with a man I was going to marry when my adopted kids were young. If it was just "us" things were perfect but I had a lot of children and most were disabled. He was honest enough to admit..just 3 mo. before wedding and as we were getting ready to buy a house together... he just couldn't be a dad to them. My kids were devastated especially my oldest son who "we" adopted..my name was the only one on legal papers simply because our state's laws had a long mandatory waiting time for newly married couples but believe me he was "our" son. I would say go for it..you may regret it if you don't.