Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Birthing Classes

arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
To those of you who have delivered before or are planning for delivery, when did you take your birthing classes? The paperwork my midwife gave me said to take the birthing classes around 26 weeks, or later. When looking at the hospital website, they say to take a class that is about 4 weeks prior to your delivery. I'm so confused! What do you all recommend? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I don't think it matters all that much. I ended up doing mine very early (around 16 weeks, I think) just because that worked out with my schedule. I used a small hospital that only offers the classes a few times a year, though. Bigger hospitals may be stricter, but personally I liked the idea of doing it early so that I'd be prepared in case I went into labor early. (I ended up delivering at 41 weeks, though, so I would have been fine taking it at 38 weeks, which I think was the next available class that fit with my work schedule.)
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    We took a birthing class through our hospital and they suggested taking it at the beginning of the third trimester. That way the information was still fresh by the time we delivered but we also had time to practice some of the positions and come up with our game plan. There were some women in the class who were taking it early (I think a couple were at 20 weeks) and one woman who was taking it very late (she was due within 2 weeks of the class) but everyone was welcome. Honestly, our class was worth every penny we spent on it. I feel far more comfortable with the whole process.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    We started our birth class at 33 or 34 weeks and gave birth before it was over, haha! We took a private doula-taught class geared towards first time moms planning an unmedicated birth so the class was not affiliated with any hospital.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!