Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

2nd trimester and when to announce?

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So Friday I will officially be 14 weeks! It's also my grandpas birthday and I wanted to announce to him and FB that we're expecting but now I'm having second thoughts. I think it's because I feel "too good". When did you all announce?

The last 1.5 weeks I've been slowly feeling better and today I feel like a million bucks. Tons of ENERGY! But with feeling good I just worry maybe something is wrong? I feel like I'm possibly worrying for nothing. I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to go pee or for snacks, boobs aren't as sore and have way more energy. I still can't eat a lot. And I know I should be getting more protein but no matter how much I may think about meat I taste it and it grosses me out! I still need 9-10 hours of sleep but that's basically it for symptoms.

I just didn't think you could honestly feel this good and be pregnant.
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    It's hard to accept after a miscarriage and years of infertility treatments that things are OK...Make the announcement special. You deserve it! I am glad you feel better.
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I didn't really feel the pregnancy until the last three weeks. I also thought I felt too good! We waited until 20 weeks. It was hard at first but once we were past 12 weeks or so it got easier not to share.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We announced at 13 weeks. It's an odd week but it was the week of thanksgiving so that's why we did it that week. My first trimester I was so tired and could hardly eat. Meat was a no go. Once I hit my second it was like am I pregnant?? I felt like my old self again except the meat haha. Oh and sweets. I love all things sugar but my second trimester I just didn't care for it. It's easier said then done but try to just enjoy it. It goes by so fast!!! I was excited to actually have my baby but at the same time I was sad not being pregnant. :)
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    We announced at 13 weeks after we received the test results from the first trimester screening. I was hesitant to do it so early but my wife wanted to tell the world. It really is up to the couple as to what feels right.

And oh my goodness, second trimester was awesome for me too. I definitely felt the best from about 14 weeks until 28 weeks. I had tons of energy and most of the not-so-pleasant side effects disappeared. Plus the urge to pee in the middle of the night hadn't kicked in since the baby was still pretty small. Now at almost 36 weeks, things have gotten far more difficult. I'm up constantly during the night (to either pee or just out of discomfort) and it's getting really difficult to eat since this little girl is pretty big and the heartburn is just bad. Try to enjoy this time and get as much stuff done to prep for the baby as possible. I really regret not doing that since my energy levels and ability to actually do stuff is pretty limited. I know it's really hard when you have had a loss in the past but setting up the nursery and generally prepping the house now is physically exhausting.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I'm 21w3d and still haven't announced on FB.
    I don't know when I'll do either. Only 10 people know, most are close family.
    I might come out at work soon because I'm always complaining of being hungry and my stomach is a little bigger. My sister says you can't tell yet but I sometimes feel huge.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    That's great that you're feeling better now! But I get where you're coming from, I'm a big time worrier. Being tired and sleeping a lot definitely counts as a symptom!

With my first I announced on FB after she was born. I may do the same this time, but I'm also considering a low key announcement around my daughter's birthday in April. You could always do a special announcement just for your grandfather for his birthday then announce on FB when you're feeling more comfortable with it. I did announce to close family and friends in person or via phone by the second trimester both times.
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    We waited until after the anatomy scan so about 21 weeks.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1

With my first I announced on FB after she was born.

I might end up doing this. Every week I say "next week" and that next week comes and goes.
    Problem is I want the world to know already!!! Lol!
    Have no idea what to do if I were to tell, I have no nice US pics as my Ob's machine is pretty bad.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    We announced at 13 weeks. In the event of a second miscarriage, I knew that I would need the support of my friends and family. We'll be 39 weeks on Saturday. The fear has never left, but being able to talk about it has really helped.

2eelyf6.jpg
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    Also, I had a picture perfect pregnancy....no morning sickness, no weird symptoms, only minor fatigue in the first trimester, and I feel good enough that I'm still working. Plus, I have an anterior placenta so it's harder for me to feel baby move, even now. My doctor told me to just be happy and try not to worry (easier said then done, I know). You've got this mama!
  • Options
    F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's so hard to pick a time to announce it. I think I'm just going to do it tomorrow. I want to shout it to the world but then if something happened I feel it would be easier the less that knew because I honestly wouldn't want to explain 20x over what happened.
    I'm getting tons of pressure from Heath's family and his brother actually went and tagged me in a pregnancy post on FB, which I was not too thrilled about. Thankfully I got on a few minutes later to notice and delete the post because to me I feel that's a horrible way for my grandpa/grandma to find out we're expecting or anyone in general.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My son and daughter in law too were waiting to announce. I knew from the moment she got a positive stick..but she told her sister who told everyone important to her...so that announcement they were so excited about making was a "bust" So...announce before it gets around and takes away your fun!