Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

NWCryobank sold to California Cryobank

YankeebrattYankeebratt Posts: 9
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Just read this on the DSR fb page. Perhaps this is why prices have gone up? Very disappointed in them, as CCB does not have the most honest reputation.

Comments

• Options
    pikespeakpikespeak Posts: 106
    edited November -1
    That explains things...
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder what that will mean for the whole not needing a doctor's signature thing...
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    CCB also just aquired Donor egg bank USA
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of the other things that worries me is the fact that CCB is known to not actually contact donors when offspring of open donors reach 18 and ask for contact. DNA has come so far now, many families are uploading their child's DNA into websites that find matches for family members of the donor. The families then build a family tree for the donor with that info. and are able to actually figure out who their donor is AND make contact through social media like FB. Many donors have said they were never contacted by CCB, however CCB had told the families the donors were contacted and didn't want any contact with the offspring. So, for those of us that have chosen open donors on purpose, this is worrisome.
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My impression (from the info provided by NW on the website) was that they are just contracting with CCB for the genetic testing and related services.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    According to the DSR Owner Wendy Kramer, she was told that CCB acquired NW, both egg and sperm selling services. NW will keep their name for now. This was from an employee, but she did not state whether it was an employee of CCB or NW.
  • Options
    hortonhorton Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    NWCryo- Care to chime in and clear this up at all?
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I agree this post has been up for a week..can management make an official post?