Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

25 week update

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Passed the glucose test! Was super nervous I'd fail so that was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. But...found out I'm anemic and I have already been supplementing my iron with one pill in the morning and one at bedtime. OB is having me supplement with Chlorophyll and Floradix because he doesn't want me to have to take more iron pills and deal with more constipation issues. I have been feeling super exhausted and he said this definitely isn't making it any better. I'm hoping here soon I can have a bit more energy once my iron increases.

Still ZERO weight gain. Down 36 pounds!

Besides that all is going well. :)
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ariellearielle Posts: 240
    edited April 2017
    Glad to hear that overall all is well with you and your baby :) I'm also anemic and not even pregnant yet. I'm also taking the Floradix and have noticed that whenever I'm taking it, it really helps a lot and I notice a difference. Best is to take this supplement between meals and avoid taking any iron with dairy because calcium hinders iron absorption. It's might also help to eat an orange or take a vitamin c supplement together with the iron because this helps absorption. I'm also taking the Bloodbuilder iron supplement from Megafood and have noticed that this doesn't make me as constipated as other iron pills. At one point I've been so low on iron that I have had iron IV infusions in the past. It's a faster way to bring the iron levels back up, but I'm not sure if you can have iron IVs during pregnancy. After my iron IVs I have always felt a very noticeable difference right after having them.
    ICI 07/2012 BFN, ICI 08/2012 BFN, IUI 03/2013 BFN, IUI 06/2013 BFN, ICI 08/2013 BFN, ICI 11/2014 BFN, ICI 12/2014 BFN, ICI 12/2015 BFN, ICI 01/2016 BFN, IUI (with trigger) 02/2016 BFN, IUI (with clomid + trigger) 03/2016 BFN, IUI (with clomid + trigger) 04/2016 BFP - ended in ectopic pregnancy, ICI 10/2016 BFN, ICI 11/2016 BFN, Back to Back IUI 01/2017 BFN, ICI 4/2017 - BFN, ICI 5/2017 - BFN, IVF 6/2017 - 19 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/2017 (single embryo transfer) - BFP
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am glad things are going well. My daughter was PG this summer. She had problems with low iron even before her pregnancy. We never could really figure out why. The dr. here made her take more iron..wish we knew of alternative because she had problems with constipation as well.
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad everything is going so well. I haven't gained any weight either. I am down 23 pounds. It is crazy because I never thought I would lose weight being pregnant.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I had low iron after giving birth and it was beyond horrible. Keep up the supplements! Glad everything is going well... I'm so excited for you.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel like I'm back in the first trimester all over again. I wake up and within 2-3 hours need a nap. I've been having to go hide out at work and squeeze in 30 min sessions of rest because I'm just beyond exhausted. If these supplements don't increase my levels enough then they will add a prescription of slow-release iron pills.

I joke with Heath that if weight loss was as simple as getting me pregnant sign me up a few more times LOL.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg