Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

TanithTanith Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Has anyone had success using this donor?
SMBC TTC Journey 2017

Comments

• Options
    ashley21ashley21 Posts: 11
    edited November -1
    TWW!! We will know soon enough if the IUI was successful. Did you ever TTC with this donor?
  • Options
    cata888cata888 Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    I have a healthy baby boy from this donor.
    lamlamard20110606_-5_My+child+is.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just found out I was pregnant with this donor! @cata888 is your almost 7 year old from this donor?
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    @ashley21 Congrats!

@cata888 Did you do ICI or IUI for conceiving your son with Donor 8843?
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @yogibaby. Have you conceived with this donor?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi @ashley21
    I had a miscarriage with another donor. Karyotype on the loss came back as inconclusive. For my peace of mind I am changing donors. I am hoping to try 8843 in early January's ovulation time after all my testing assuming I don't have major issues (testing starts next week wish me luck! ).
    I am also considering another donor too but am leaning more towards trying with 8843 next.
    I like that 8843 has positives for pregnancies, high sperm counts, and a successful term baby.
    I am open to the idea of donor siblings as I am hoping to be a SMBC.

What made you decide on 8843?
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    cata888cata888 Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    ashley21: congrats! no, my almost 7 year old is from a different donor. My son from 8843 is 9 weeks old.
    yogibaby: I used 2 IUI vials @ 12 and 24 from pos opk. I did an IUI at home. Sending positive thoughts your way for a successful pregnancy soon :) I had a miscarriage with another donor before my positive with 8843.
    lamlamard20110606_-5_My+child+is.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @cata888
    Thanks for the good vibes and info. You give me hope!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's fantastic cata888. Congratulations with your little one.

Yogibaby, I wish you the best of luck with all your testing! Sending all the positive vibes and baby dust your way! In regards to why we picked 8843, first we were limited to CMV- donors. I tested negative and needed a negative donor. Second he "spoke" to my wife and I. His profile just stood out from the others and we really valued his essay questions. Ended up buying his childhood photos and full profile. Everything reassured us that he was the one for us.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ashley21,
    I hope it goes well too and the babydust makes for a sticky baby. My testing of hormone levels, antibodies, and genetics starts this Tuesday. Here's hoping. :-)
    Keep us updated on your pregnancy especially the gender. Super exciting.
  • Options
    McJennyMcJenny Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    I am also considering this donor and would love to keep this thread going. I would love a gender update!

Also, has anyone used ICI vials from this donor?

@Cata, was your first attempt successful with this donor?

Any insight if ICI or IUI vials are better for at home insem?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi McJenny,

I have used ICI before first try and gotten a BFP, However it ended in miscarriage. Not with this donor.

For at home ICI is the easiest. Just watch for timing, thaw, and add a soft cup after you are finished. Lay with hips elevated for at least 20 minutes to an hour.

For IUI, if you have a partner( or yourself) and they are comfortable with:
    a) finding your cervix with a speculum
    b) basic aseptic technique. Keeping the end(of the catheter) that will go in your cervix sterile without touching anything else and weaving it in your cervix. (Here's a description of the process http://theivp.com/ladybusiness/?p=12 and there are youtube videos to help you get comfortable using the speculum. )
    IUI will have less and will have a shorter life span but will be inserted into your uterus or close to. IUI from what I have read are best done 6 hours before or at ovulation. Due to their lifespan.

You can also use IUI with ICI procedure meaning just get it close to your cervix. ICI sperm will have higher counts and longer life span (~12-24hrs) . However they(sperm) have to be filtered by cervical mucus and make it to the journey up your Fallopian tubes.
    Many women without fertility issues use ICI vials at home.
    Many women get comfortable with the IUI procedure and speculum and do that at home. Some women if they still want to do an IUI at home find a local midwife to help.

My next insemination (hopefully in early January) will probably be:
    After +OPK
    12 hours ICI insemination
    24 hours ICI insemination
    ~36 hours IUI with IUI washed sperm. ( I may chicken out and just do the ICI procedure with IUI sperm still haven't completely decided) I just ordered a package of speculums to practice with.
    All inseminations at home, Possibly medicated(clomid) depending on my tests results and follicular study that will be done next week.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alright ladies, wanted to bring you an update. I am 9 weeks (as of tomorrow) pregnant with dichromatic twins! I of course don't have a gender update this early, leaning towards at least one girl, but we are over the moon excited.

Just a reminder, my wife and I sought out a successful fertility clinic in our area, bought one vial of 8843 IUI (over 20 million washed sperm) and received a super positive HPT two weeks later.

I know that a lot of women want to conceive at home, but I definitely feel through my experience it can be way cheaper and super successful through the clinic. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ashley21 : Update?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes! Update is that I'm 21 weeks pregnant with an extremely healthy pregnancy. Both babies are growing at a normal and equal rate. Oh! And we are having a GIRL AND a BOY!!
  • Options
    thomasinawalterthomasinawalter Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Anyone selling ICI vials for this donor?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ashley21
    Wonderful update! A boy and a girl! How perfect!
  • Options
    berry190berry190 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    I have a beautiful 15 month baby girl using this donor. 3rd home IUI was a success.
  • Options
    WeDaRoylesWeDaRoyles Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    I am just 4 weeks pregnant with #8843. after 2 IUI's, 1 vial first try, 2 vials 2nd try (12 & 24). Six months ago, I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks with a different donor. I am hoping this one is a sticky little bean. I am waiting for my reported pregnancy to be approved then will hopefully be able to connect with others on the sibling registry. I like hearing about all the healthy pregnancies and babies with this donor though.☺
  • Options
    myoung96myoung96 Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    I just had an IUI with this donor an hour ago and will do another IUI tomorrow morning. All of these posts make me confident, fingers crossed while I embark on the dreadful TWW. Thank you all for sharing. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Wishes to you of sticky baby dust!! Keep us updated!

myoung96 wrote:
    I just had an IUI with this donor an hour ago and will do another IUI tomorrow morning. All of these posts make me confident, fingers crossed while I embark on the dreadful TWW. Thank you all for sharing. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WeDaRoyles wrote:
    Wishes to you of sticky baby dust!! Keep us updated!

Thank you! Same to you. I’ll definitely update in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sad to report, found out today, I had a chemical pregnancy. Unfortunately, I am at a point where I am fighting time. We will likely still use this donor again though. Great #'s! Good Luck to everyone!
    WeDaRoyles wrote:
    I am just 4 weeks pregnant with #8843. after 2 IUI's, 1 vial first try, 2 vials 2nd try (12 & 24). Six months ago, I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks with a different donor. I am hoping this one is a sticky little bean. I am waiting for my reported pregnancy to be approved then will hopefully be able to connect with others on the sibling registry. I like hearing about all the healthy pregnancies and babies with this donor though.☺
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WeDaRoyles wrote:
    Sad to report, found out today, I had a chemical pregnancy. Unfortunately, I am at a point where I am fighting time. We will likely still use this donor again though. Great #'s! Good Luck to everyone!
    WeDaRoyles wrote:

I’m so sorry for your loss! :( I know it’s too early to test for me but I have a ton of cheap tests and couldn’t help it. I have the faintest blip of a line but I’m not yet convinced I’m seeing what I think. I’ll test again later this week.
  • Options
    heyjudemommyheyjudemommy Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    So... he only has IUI vials... is it to risky (financially) to use these via ICI? I really wanna try this cycle and I'm CD3
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited April 2018
    @heyjudemommy - we are using the IUI vials this month as ICI. We just switched to this donor, and that's all that was available. We did take advantage of the 25% discount though, as we were going to splurge and try 3 vials this month - figured we might as well get 4 and get that "free" chance.
    Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @myyoung96 any update of a BFP?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nothing solid yet, I’ve had 2 first response early results show faint lines but a little after the time limit. I think that’s good though because on our last attempt, I never had any hint of a second line. I am terrified I’ll start my period soon, it was due today but no sign of it yet, hoping instead that the line gets darker and more convincing on my next test. My dr ordered a beta but I haven’t been able to make myself go in for it. Thanks for asking, fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    @myoung96 - We have our fingers crossed for you as well!! Definitely will be looking for an update!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! I’m now on day 32 of my cycle... the longest cycle of my life, I’ve never gone this long. Still no truly positive test. Either I’m pregnant and it’s late to show or my body is torturing me, haha.