Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Donor 241R Success?

yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Anyone had any success (like a term healthy pregnancy) with Donor 241R?
TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.

Comments

• Options
    swtsun1swtsun1 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    I would like to hear of a success as well. I tried this donor for the first time last month (2 ICI vials). It was a chemical pregnancy. For the record, I have been diagnosed with DOR at the early age of 33, so I'm not sure what impact that has on quality from my end. I will probably try this donor a few more times as I really like his profile. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey!
    Thanks for replying.

Hope it is successful for you the next try. I will try in a few months when my doctor clears me ( I am still getting tests run) . I had a miscarriage with my last ICI attempt after 6 weeks so (different donor than 241R) I feel like changing the donor would be better for my peace of mind. I like this donor too!

Keep me posted on your status hope all goes well for you.

:-)
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    wanative15wanative15 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hi there,
    I'm really sorry to hear you had a chemical, swtsun1. I had a miscarriage from this donor. If you haven't already, I would suggest you report the chemical with NWCryo. At this point I am leery to continue to try with him with both of our experiences and the lack of positives reported :( I'm hoping that you reporting it will help NWCryo if it is indeed the sperm that's an issue.
  • Options
    2ladiesmakingbabies2ladiesmakingbabies Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    Hey hey. Just started an account here to report that I also had a chemical pregnancy with this donor. I haven't reported with to NW Cryobank but I will. And I think I may consider switching donors as well. Bummer for all of us. :(
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi!
    Based on the chemicals reported by others....I sold my vials back for this donor. I am sorry you had to go through a chemical. I wonder if that is why this donor is no longer donating. I hope we get bfps soon!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am SO sorry about your chemical, 2ladies.

I have requested a refund on the five vials I had in storage of 241R back in November and still do not have a refund check in my hands. Now that yet one more loss has been reported and he is no longer donating, I am SO MAD. This heartache I have experienced from this loss is already a huge thing to deal with, let alone hearing I’m not the only one reporting losses from him and still no (super lame 50%) buyback refund.

I have walked away from NWCryo after how this was handled and have found a cryobank that has a better buyback option, more success stories, and actually answers my phone calls.

May we all have better luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @wanative15
    I am so sorry for your experience. I had two vials and I just ate the cost and did the 50% buy back thing. I originally picked NW for their lack of doctor signature. However, my doctor is on board with this and I may move on to another bank later as I am confident he will sign for me. I am also considering the known donor registry with careful safeguards since I have read that other ladies have had luck.
    I wouldn't mind knowing the other bank you you are looking in to. Just to broaden options.

Wishing you baby dust and luck. It is a new year after all. May 2018 be our lucky year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby I’m now with Seattle Sperm Bank. They are more expensive but I know several people who have had good luck with them, and they’re super helpful on the phone. I also like how you can see every photo and profile versus buying individual ones.

SPJ&E went through known donor registry and had a great experience! Are you on the FB group? There have been convos about it on there. There have also been ZERO live births from nycryo donors in 2017 in the closed nycryo FB group, which is another reason for me moving on.

I wish you all the best. Feel free to PM me if you have any individual questions.
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    wanative15 wrote:
    SPJ&E went through known donor registry and had a great experience!

True story. Our donor shipped to us, so not unlike using a cryobank. Pretty happy with this tiny meatloaf snoring on my chest (with the blankie you made her, actually).
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @wanative15
    I am not on the FB group. FB itself overwhelms me and gives me unrealistic expectations about how life should be so I am not good about getting on it. Just one of those areas I am giving myself a little grace right now. lol
    I like it when the banks put the pics baby pics up there without charging you. Before I found NW cryobank, I had looked at ones that had the pics.
    Definitely including all other options makes sense and if I need to try again I will consider the KD too. Thank you for sharing info.

@SPJ&E
    Thank you for sharing your experience with your KD. Do the KD's let you know if they are CMV+? I had my doctor test me and surprisingly (I used to study this virus in graduate school, and most people have it!) I came up negative and I would like to stay that way due to potential effects on the baby.
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yogibaby wrote:
    @SPJ&E
    Thank you for sharing your experience with your KD. Do the KD's let you know if they are CMV+? I had my doctor test me and surprisingly (I used to study this virus in graduate school, and most people have it!) I came up negative and I would like to stay that way due to potential effects on the baby.

Most don't know their cmv status, so that could be tough. You could certainly request that testing (and any other) if you're willing to cover the cost. Each donor is different, but I'm sure some would be open to it.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good to know! Thanks !