Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

follow up

alcd39alcd39 Posts: 143
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello Everyone! I hope this finds you all well.

I had my follow up appointment with the RE today after a failed FET in December. I am not sure how I expected the appointment to go and honestly cant say one way or another if I like how it went or not. The RE basically chalked it up to a fluke thing that can happen even when you have perfect pgs tested embryos and your body reacted perfectly to the meds. As far as moving forward with our next FET he said he didn't want to change the protocol yet. I kind of tend to just trust doctors and my wife can't understand why they wouldn't be trying to fix something. Did any of you change anything up between your first and second FET?

We are trying to decide if we are going to stick to our original plan of doing 2 FET's and then moving on with life. If thats the case this will be our last try coming up in February. If it is going to be our last try I was to at least think long and hard about the possibility of transferring two embryos. I only have half a uterus so this is a big decision for us. The RE said he isn't afraid to transfer 2 but would feel safer just doing one. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am hoping that though lots of prayer God can point me in the right direction.

Any thoughts are alway appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    So I too have had failed FETs. It took me 5Xs, but I'm old...lol and ended up using donor embryos untested and day 3s. Some simple things you can do is folate and asa 81mg. You can ask to do more progesterone, my 2nd fet I went to 2ccs and suppositories 3Xs daily. Also I'm very careful on consumption of sugars including wheat during the tww, as it can flare you if you have a tendency for autoimmunity? I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    I have no advice or expertise with this, but I hope this next transfer is the one that works for you.
    Praying for this one to be your successful bfp!
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.