Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

**Ovulating right after +opk??

braciecomeauxbraciecomeaux Posts: 45
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I got my positive opk today around 4. I'm already having ovulation pains and (TMI) lots of EWCM. I was planning on doing an insem tomorrow morning but now I'm wondering if I should do one tonight? Thoughts??? I'm stressing myself out!
TTC #1: 1 ICI vial 1/19-BFN
#2: ICI 2/14 and 2/15-BFP!

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Ovulations pains are tricky... you can get them before during or after.
    It is possible to ovulate soon after detecting your surge from OPK.

What timings were you planning? 12 and 24 with two vials? ICI?
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes. I was planning on doing 12 and 24 hours but I'm scared I miss it. I may do one tonight and then one tomorrow at around 5 which would be about 24 hrs after positive opk. Something is telling me to not wait until the morning. I hate not knowing. :(
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I forgot to mention it is ICI vials. I heard they survive up to 24 hours? Is that true?
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    My doctor would encourage you that literature suggests it is really better to have sperm waiting for the egg.
    ICI estimates are that they live 12-24hours (conservatively). They might live longer the potency they say drops off after 12 hours.

It sounds like you know what you should do. The choice you can live with.

My unmedicated bfp cycle I tested at 7am + and really dark not beginning of surge but was pretty sure I might have had a + test during the night at like 2am or something while I was asleep. By that evening my surge was gone. I was drinking a lot of water due to summer time heat in Texas (August) . Usually it(surge) sticks around at least 24 hours on the strips but not that time.

I went ahead and inseminated two hours later (OPK) for the first time. Then again 6 hours later I think and again 8 hours after that. I had ovulation pains during that time but then the next day too I believe.

I got pregnant but miscarried not really because of insemination timing (My doctor insisted timing was fine) but because of follicle maturity and possible clotting issues I am 95% confident that that was the reason. In short sperm seemed to not be problem.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! I'm officially in my TWW. I guess we will find out in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    for future ref, insem at the signs of pains or + opk. best to have the sperm in there before ovulation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I did! I had pains 2 days in a row and insemed on both days. Hoping I got the timing right this go round! I have no pain today.