Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IUI Timing w/o meds

src138src138 Posts: 19
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi all,
I am 39 years old next month and am TTC. We tried IUI with one vial last month with no success. I have been temping, checking my cm, peeing on opk kits, all of it. I'd really prefer to do this at home without meds due to financial constraints. I am set to ovulate March 1st based on the data I've collected. We have one IUI vial left before I need to purchase more. I've read so much about timing and I feel like I need a decoder ring to figure out the perfect time to inseminate. If my egg lives 24 hours and the frozen IUI sperm lives 6 to 12 hours, then I need a freaking miracle to time this right. Originally, I thought to do one vial a cycle due to finances, but now I am starting to think that I need to shell out the money for two vials per cycle. Maybe one at 12 hours after opk and the other 24. I really need to hear BFP stories without meds. I'd also like to hear about peoples experience or preference with IUI vs ICI.
TTC #1: 1 IUI vial 1/11-BFN
#2: 1 IUI vial 3/1-BFN (would have done two vials but UPS delivered late)
#3: 1 IUI vial 4/19 12 hrs after + opk; 2nd IUI vial 28 hrs after + opk; BFN
#4: 1 IUI vial; Femera for 5 days; Ovidrel Trigger 7/25; IUI 7/27; BFN
#5: 1 IUI vial; Femera for 5 days; Ovidrel Trigger 10/9; IUI 10/11; BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/25

Comments

• Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I don't have a BFP story to share with you. I just wanted to wish you luck!
    We are doing ICI, because my wife isn't super comfortable with the idea of doing IUI on our own - as we want to try to do this at home and without meds as well. This is only our 2nd cycle, but for our first we did 12/24 hours. Apparently, the older you are - it can shorten your window between surge and ovulation. My wife is 34, so I was researching that a lot. But she had a huge window between the surge from CB Advanced and when FF detected ovulation (31st AM was Peak and Ovulation was detected on the 2nd).
    If you find a decoder ring - I think we could all use that!!!!
    Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    IUI is a beating. I did it at home and spent a month gathering stuff for it. Lactated ringers, speculum, sterile gloves, sterile gauze, sterile catheters etc.
    I only did it also last time because it was the only vials left for that donor and I wasn't going to lose most of the count just getting past my cervix. I was also starting meds and worried about hostile cervical mucus.

I think ICI is better without meds than IUI. ICI will live longer than IUI. Your timing has to be pretty spot on for an IUI insemination. Meds can make for hostile cervical mucus and lining issues. With that being said, I needed the meds personally for a better ovulation. Meds can also help control timing for IUI.

I had a natural cycle with a bfp and ICI inseminations. Ended in miscarriage. I did do Maca. It is an adaptogen and helps regulate hormones.

General rule of thumb on insemination. It is better if sperm is waiting for the egg. After the egg is released the surface starts changing within hours to become more hostile to sperm. (Making it harder for their heads to breakthrough barrier and release DNA).
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.