Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

2 Vials & Timing ??? (IUI)

tashelljtashellj Posts: 9
edited April 2018 in Trying to Conceive
My ovulation date is expected to be 4/16/18 and Are scheduled to deliver 4/13/18. We bought 2 IUI Vials. This will be our first try for at home insemination & unmedicated. For all of those who had success with IUI please tell us your story and timing of how you got your BFP. ????

Comments

• Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    No BFP here, but best of luck to you! Have you been temping and tracking ovulation?
  • Options
    tashelljtashellj Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Yeah I have and I’ve gotten a positive on the 16th 2 months ago but I didn’t track last month. But my periods are normally regular
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    Well, I feel like most people recommend the 12/24 hour post surge inseminations, but we have strayed a little from that after our first cycle. It seemed maybe we were too early the first cycle, so we did 24/36 the 2nd cycle, and then closer to 12/36 the third.
    We are doing 4 vials this cycle and switching donors.
  • Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    With 2 of our kids I used 3 vials. I would usually get my smile at about 7pm and I would do 1 insem about 10 at bedtime. Then I did another in the morning about 6-7am and then that night before bed at 10 and got pregnant. You want the sperm waiting in the egg. But remember sperm only lives about 24hours. Hope this helps. We are about to try again but will only be using 2 vials.
  • Options
    clfkikclfkik Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    I've done a lot of research on this and 24-36 hours after the first positive OPK seems ideal. Too soon and the sperm can swim too far or die. Later seems better than earlier.