Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Onto Cycle 4 / 8843 Question

2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Well, we are back. Just entering Cycle 4. The last two days my wife only had spotting, until full force AF appeared last night so we are either CD2 or 3.

We've been using Donor 4677 at home, unmedicated. We thought we might look into doing IUI at the doctor, but we are now leaning towards switching donors for another few rounds before going that route.

It seems that 8843 has had pretty successful cycles, so we are considering purchasing his childhood photos tonight. He only has IUI vials available, which we know we can use but it's a smaller quantity. Did anyone else use his at home as an ICI?

What other donors have had a high success rate?

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Hi!
    I really want you to get your bfp.
    I used 2 vials - ICI -8843
    And 2 vials IUI - 410Z- did iui with his cause it was all he had left.

I am 16 1/2 weeks but I don’t know which donor won the race! Lol. Could be 8843 or might not.
    I am not a carrier for 8843 and his one recessive disorder.

Also to note -I probably couldn’t carry a successful pregnancy without a better ovulation from Clomid.
    Also I got pregnant the first try with 410Z but miscarried. Later with investigation we figured out it was most likely me not the sperm.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's funny.. I mentioned doing a similar thing between the donor we were already using and a new one. But we ordered the photos of 8843 tonight and I think we are going to do it. We were going to spring for 3 vials this cycle, but NW just posted a spring promotion for 25% off 4 or more, so we are going to do 4 for the price of 3. Really hoping this is it!!

Are you going to do genetic testing to see which one won after you get your sweet baby boy into this world?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hope this is it for you. What a good deal!

Yes, lol, For sure.

I might be able to figure it out with blood type. If the baby is AB or B, then I know for sure it is 8843. I am A+. If baby is O or A, then still could be either donor. Unfortunately, I don't know if I am homozygous A or heterozygous and we don't have that info on the donors either. So...DNA to the rescue! lol
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    myoung96myoung96 Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    We just used 8843 IUI vials for unmedicated at home IUI and then ICI... so l can give more info in about 10-12 days. Hoping for a BFP. It’s our second cycle but first with this donor. We picked him purely off reported counts from some posts on here, I’m a little sad he doesn’t look at all like my wife and I’m likely making us a little clone of me but whatever increases our odds. Plus his baby pics are pretty cute. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He looks more like my wife than he does me as well, but I'm good with it. At this point, we just want a healthy baby. Preferably, sooner than later. Good luck to you! I look forward to hearing some good news soon!
  • Options
    heyjudemommyheyjudemommy Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    I think I am going to try ICI at home with the IUI vials... I am super nervous but I really like this donor... eeek
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @heyjudemommy I like the donor as well, but I REALLY like how many successful pregnancies he seems to have. And so many of the moms are still active in this forum so that's pretty nice as well. Let me know what you choose!
    If you are at all able, this sale is pretty good right now. Even if it's a stretch to order all 4 now, you're probably ordering 2 anyway - right? If you can do just ONE more, you get that 4th one free. What CD are you now?
    Our tank is arriving tomorrow, my wife is testing High right now but had a temp dip this morning so we are a little nervous... She isn't supposed to O until the 24th, but this has been a weird cycle. Just hoping the peak holds out until tomorrow afternoon at least! We are trying a crazy mix of hours this time since we are using 4 vials... One immediately after testing peak, 8-10 hours after that, and then roughly 10-12 hours and another 10-12 hours. So 0/8-10/18-22/30-32. Two cycles ago, we were SO on the timing, but it didn't work out so we are just going crazy with the timing this time. Obviously, any O signs and we will adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am on CD5 so I start testing opk tomorrow..
    I think I will have shipment come Tuesday... Maybe Monday since it says 7 days?

I think I will order 4 and do 2 this cycle and 2 if this one doesn't work out ????

sooo much luck to you... let's keep each other updated ????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What day do you usually ovulate? I generally try to stay away from the weekend deliveries, since the tank is just sitting there. But sometimes it's not possible to avoid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @heyjudemommy - have you tracked ovulation on other cycles? I had been tracking and my last delivery still scared me a bit because I just happened to ovulate late. Unless you always O early, maybe Wednesday delivery? I think for Monday or Tuesday deliveries, they may ship out on Friday so you could lose some of those 7 days. I wouldn’t do it unless you had to. I was at high fertility for days this last time before my peak. It was very nerve wracking staring at that tank, wondering if I’d have to ship it back. Also, maybe look into preseed or something if using IUI as ICI, just because the swimmers don’t have any protection, the vagina is hostile and you’ll want to make sure as much as possible makes it through your cervix. If you have plenty of cervical mucus, may not be an issue but thought I’d mention it. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey all, here was my timing if that helps. I ovulated on the 30th of December and my tank came in on the CD 10 (12/27) and I had sent it before Christmas so it had been out 6 or 7 days ( I sent it early not to avoid not getting it in time due to Christmas and weather) . I used 1 8843 ici vial CD 11 (10PM)
    CD 12 (8am) I got the trigger
    and CD 13 I ovulated (I think -felt one sided back pain ) 36 hours post trigger was not before 24 hours-temp hadn’t risen) I had used my last ici 8843 vial at CD 13 (33 hours post trigger).
    I usually ovulate within 24 hours of surge but I think using the trigger pushed it to 36 hours. **i think ** I felt twinges and ovary pain 12 and 24 hours too. I’m very sensitive apparently.

Important to note**** I also did ici 12 hours post trigger and iui about 24 hours post trigger with 410Z.
    Babydust! Wishing you all bfps!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby Love hearing your story, thank you for sharing! My TWW is killing me, haha, hoping to join the BFP club soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The 7 days don't start until the day you receive the Dewar. They are charged to last for 21 days and stay frozen that long!!! They just only guarantee 7 days from arrival. So the weekend delivery doesn't make a difference in that sense ????????????
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    yogibaby wrote:
    I used 1 8843 ici vial CD 11 (10PM)

I also did ici 12 hours post trigger and iui about 24 hours post trigger with 410Z.

Just wondering, why did you use two different donors during one cycle?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    410Z worked the first time but I miscarried.
    at the time I worried that it was timing, sperm quality, or the fact that sperm was frozen -read about fractures in DNA due to freezing...
    Anyway I just was at the point I wanted a baby that would make it. In the meantime my doctor was making me wait a few cycles to test me.
    8843 had multiple reported pregnancies with healthy babies actually born and really high sperm counts like 40milliom for iui sperm versus the standard 10 that doctors like it at. It was starting to really make me wonder about a positive pregnancy with 410Z that was healthy. It had worked for me the first time but I miscarried. No one else posted about him at the time. When I bought the first vials (410z) for my first TTC attempt he had no pregnancies then I got pregnant and then his status changed to positive pregnancy-someone other than me.
    Someone else on the forum pointed out that you don’t know if these pregnancies continue or how it’s achieved...for ivf quality/mobility doesn’t matter as much.
    I bought two vials of 8843.
    Then my testing results came in, and it looked like the problem was all me- I didn’t ovulate strong enough and I have some weird clotting stuff too potentially.
    I looked at 410Z again and he only had two vials left. I had originally liked his profile. Knowing the problem was me I looked at his extended profile and liked it even more. I went ahead and bought the last two vials left.
    I was just going to use two vials one of each and then changed my mind and decided to use them all. I decided to go big or go home.
    As for using from two different donors...my background is in biology( I was in grad school for molecular biology)
    I figured survival of the fittest. When I explained that to my genentic counselor she didn’t bat an eye.
    8843 was my insurance policy because of his high sperm count.
    I will figure it out when the baby is born which donor won. If he’s AB or B then it’s obvious it’s 8843. Any other blood type and I have to run more DNA to be sure.
    Since I found out gender early, it’s the only mystery left besides meeting my sweet baby.
    (My mom didn’t like my decision of using two donors in one cycle, but I stopped caring what she thinks a long long time ago. Lol)
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Wow that is a really good reason to go with two in one cycle. Sounds like you really know your stuff and thought everything through!