Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

A couple questions

Mama0923Mama0923 Posts: 9
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi everyone, I'm planning on attempting my first ICI next month and was wondering if there might be a way to "practice" without actually using sperm first? I'm really nervous about getting the placement of everything right and I cant imagine loosing the sperm because I mess something up. Also I've always heard that using two vials doesn't actually increase your chances much in the long run and that its better to just save it for the next cycle so if I just use one vial what time would I insem after I first get the smiley? 12 or 24 hours? Also I've been planning on using on using the Stork OTC but I'm finding some of the reviews are mixed so what else did everyone use? and I'm open to any advice :)

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    You can practice with preseed or saline. Basically just stuff that’s wont upset your vagina.
    I used a softcup too with each insemination. I didn’t try the stork so I have no advice there. If I had two vials I would to 12 and 24hr inseminations. If I only had one probably 24 hr. I just spent a lot on sperm to cover the window. But if I do it again I might just try with one vial at a time at 24 hours.
    Best of luck in whatever you decide. :-)
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    I used the tiny syringe w out a needle. it looks like a insulin syringe (size wise) and yes preseed would be best to use or astroglide if you dont have the preseed which is expensive.

i lay on my back with hips on a pillow before I begin. i also use an instead cup to pop in about 10-15 minutes after insem, but before I get up.

I personally like 2 vials because it covers more time. one vial, I stress out ALOT and never know what timing is best because its not perfect even when you get the + opk. so one vial, I would probably do 12-18 hrs and if 2 vials, I would do 8-12 hrs and 20-24 hrs after.
  • Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    I would definitely use at least 2 vials. With my other pregnancies I’ve used 3. You want the sperm waiting on the egg.
  • Options
    Mama0923Mama0923 Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much everyone! I’m going to purchase 2 vials to be sure.