Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Hard time deciding if I should ttc at home

mzcoretta5050mzcoretta5050 Posts: 7
edited July 2018 in Trying to Conceive
Hi my name is coretta I'm 30yr blk smbc. I live in Beaumont texas a town close to houston. I plan on ttc few months from now due to work around holidays.Now I have no health issues and did a checkup and good to inseminate at home. My problem is this. I really would love ttc at home but I found a donor at ccb with all the characteristics I was looking for in a donor tall Hispanic cmv neg ,good health history etc. Only problem is I would have to go to the Dr and do iui, as the clinic I plan on using only works with California cryobank and fairfax. And their fees for iui is costly..just to be clear I do want to ttc at home because it's more private and ill be more comfortable. And no dr sign off with nw donor selection could be better but heck if I don't have to use dr sign off that's good to me. I'd just would love any advice suggests as to whether I should save and go to dr for this donor at ccb or nw and choose a donor for home insemination. Thanks and good luck to you all on your journey :)

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    Hi Coretta,
    30 is young. All I can say is give my experience. I did home insemination. I got pregnant but miscarried I was 32.
    I saw my ob/gyn and he was able to trouble shoot my issues. I did another home insemination but he monitored with ultrasound and it was medicated clomid and trigger. I’m about 31 weeks now and I’m 33. He (my doctor) saved me about 2-3k in having me do the inseminations. I did consider changing banks if it hadn’t worked and I’m sure he would have signed that I was under his care. I think some banks just want to know a provider is managing you.
    I’ve seen others that like their chances better with an RE for iui and see it as being prepared in case they need more aggressive treatment. Best of luck in your decision.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for reply. I'm just going to think on it a little more.:)
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Would your ob/gyn be willing to sign off on the required medical form? I don’t know about CCB, but most banks can ship directly to you as long as the dr signs off.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RedHeather wrote:
    Would your ob/gyn be willing to sign off on the required medical form? I don’t know about CCB, but most banks can ship directly to you as long as the dr signs off.

i ask and they wont sign off.im in the process of searching for new obgyn. i really like the donor from California cryobank and thats the only reason im concidering. but i really want ttc at home. im going to think on it for awhile. thanks for reply :)
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    An RE might be willing to sign off. They’d want you to do the preliminary bloodwork, and they might suggest going straight to IUI, but they’d probably accept if you want to do a few tries at home first.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RedHeather wrote:
    An RE might be willing to sign off. They’d want you to do the preliminary bloodwork, and they might suggest going straight to IUI, but they’d probably accept if you want to do a few tries at home first.

im going to call around later today and find out. ill post back later. hopefully i can find a RE that will sign off. thanks so much for reply :)
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    Our midwife can sign off, although we didn’t need her to. That may be a cheaper alternative.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am going to call around tomorrow and find a midwife that will hopefully sign off. If not than ill just take a while to figure out what is best. Thanks for reply :)