Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

For those with O pains do you???

JaisJais Posts: 384
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Do you go by that for your insem or do you wait?

I always have them and there was a dip (96.9) in my BBT that morning so I figured that I would O that day and then the pains started first on the left then on the right. I felt horrible that whole day. What do you think? They next morning my temp rose to 97.4. If this is right then I O'd on day 8 of my cycle.

Comments

• Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I just time based on when I get the first smiley.

Edit to add: I do get ovulation pains, but they are different for everyone. It's possible to get the pains before, during, or even after ovulation, so they aren't the most reliable thing to go by.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I have to base my insem on my smiley as I get O pains before I actually O.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    I have pains and pressure on both sides as well as uterus/cervix "fullness" (only way I can describe it) for about 5-6 before I ovulate. Once I o everything stops almost immediately. I don't temp reliably but do OPK's religiously.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies. I am trying to get ready for April and I think that I will see what happens in march. I just started temp'ing but I always have O pains. I am pretty sure I O that day cuz my temp went up a lot the next day. I have been really noticing what happens with my body. Breast soreness and EWCM which starts the day before, the day of and a little the next day.

You are so helpful!!!
    Thanks
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited February 2011
    Nope.

I wanted the sperm to be there waiting for the egg, so I insemed BEFORE I ovulated/had O pains. : D
    I insemed at 11pm, and I had O pains at 9:30am the next day. And as you can see below, a baby was conceived.

Good luck!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shaeley mae you used the OPK's to figure that out? I guess I have to see how that goes next month. Hopefully I can time it that way. Thanks
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    OPKs were part of the puzzle. I did OPKs, temping, and cervical checks.
    I always got my +OPK the night before or the same day as my temp dip (ovulation), so I pretty much knew that I ovulated within 12-16 hours of +OPK.
    So, I timed my insems at 2 and 18 after +OPK.
    Although I'll never know, I'm pretty sure that my insem at 2hrs after +OPK is the one that did the job.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow!!! That is all I can say. I haven't tried the Opk's yet. But I suppose put together with the cervical checks and EWCM maybe I can time it right. Here's hoping. I appreciate the help.