Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

missed my o'?

alp75alp75 Posts: 340
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
According to ff I missed my o and ovulated on cd 10....which is early for me....anyway.....can I send my swimmers back for another cycle? Today is a week and they were still good and frozen yesterday. Any ideas ladies?
angela1_16393.gif

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    Last momth it said i missed my o to and i went off my body signs and insemmed. Well it was right because 14 days after it said i o'd i started. I missed the insem by like a whole day! Very frustrating. If you truly think it it wrong go ahead with the insem but of you are second guessing it i would send them back.
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    So sorry that you missd your O.
    Yes you can send them back, you will just need to pay a storage fee. There should be information with the tank and or you can call NW and they will explain it to you

Hugs
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I never got a full positive on the answer brand (I like to use the line tests then switch to smiley when the lines are positive to confirm) then saw where they consider it positive if half the line is as dark as control? Wth? So....anyway...I changed it as a positive on that day ....which lines up more...(that waas the day before yesterday) and insemed yesterday. Based on that...should I just send the other 2 back and pay the storage? Thanks ladies for your replies!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I'd send them back. I sent one of mine back and ended up not needing it, but it was reassuring to know that I still had it to use another time instead of using it when I felt like it would have been a waste.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    We missed ovulation our first cycle (because we didn't know what we were doing). The second cycle, we might have missed it too. That was our first cycle using the smiley strips. We waited til the answer brand was positive then checked with the smiley. It never had a positive. The next cycle, we realized we needed to use the smiley strips before the answer ones. no more answer strips for us. We just use the smiley strips from the beginning. When I notice the second line on the smileys getting darker, we start testing every four hours. Expensive, but worth it. I'm so sorry O slipped by. That is so frustrating! Definitely send them back so you can use them next time. Do you mean you ended up inseming w one vial 24 hours after what you figure was your positive on the answer brand? Maybe that's all you needed! Good luck!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I'm sorry that O slipped you past .... I had the same issue my first month using nothing but lined tests... after that Iswitched to using the smileys too, but about 2 days earlier then I THOUGHT I would need do (if I expected my surge on CD10, I would start with smileys at CD8). *hugs*
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks ladies! I am sending the little fellas back.. *pout* . Stupid stupid opks! lol.. oh well.. yes, I insemed the next day of the one that looked positive to me. So.. we shall see how that turns out but prety sure I will be doing this again in a few weeks! I will definitely be checking more often-- and staying far far away from "answer". When you say smiley strips do you mean the cbe digi's? I bought a pack for 20 bucks on amazon and it never EVER showed a second line so I just quit using them and waited on answer to be positive thinking it required a higher level being a digi.. well, gotta love these learning experiences!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I had such a difficult time with the "Answer" OPK's too. I will definitely invest in smiley's next time. But you never know. We might both get BFP's this time anyway:)
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I don't know if everyone is talking about the "Answer" brand that are plastic cased and come 7? to a pack??? I had terrible luck with those also. BUT, the "Answer" monthly testing strips that come 30 little strips to a box (look like internet cheapies) are excellent and have never ever let me down. They have nice strong positives that line up perfectly with the smileys! Hope that helps someone...

Also, a tip on those... they say they expire after 30 days but I have tested them out very diligently and they absolutely work just as well for as many cycles as you need them for. I usually use one 30 day container for 4ish months and they work just as well on the last time around as the first!

Good luck getting those OPK's, ladies!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg