Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

t-ball cleats really necessary?

cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
do you think i need to buy adri cleats for t-ball?its 3 and 4 year olds.if i do,where in the world do i find them in her size?i've looked everywhere.she wears a 7.also,a glove.she's got such small hands.the smallest gloves i've seen are 9.5" and are for 3-5 year olds.they're huge on her
yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    The smallest size I have seen cleats when I was looking for Lex for soccer was a 10. Smaller than that you might find online but not sure. I would just get her black sneakers or put a pair on her that she has that you don't care if they turn orange! I doubt she needs cleats and I bet most kids don't have them for the same reason!
    The glove most likely is just going to have to be big. Most kids that age don't even end up really using the glove since they are usually just picking the ball up off the ground and throwing it. If the glove is too small the ball won't fit in it!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Paige needed soccer cleats when she was 4 (she did not need them when she was three though). They would actually check their shin guards and cleats every game (not at practice though). We have a little sports store down the street and they would order them. I cannot remember what size Paige wore when she was little but she does have small feet--even now she only wears a 5 or 5 1/2. Last summer I bought Beck 2 David Beckham soccer uniforms and I could not find indoor soccer shoes in his size--he was between a 5 and a 6 then but I do think I saw soccer cleats that small. I know soccer and softball cleats are different but maybe you can find soccer ones if you cannot find small enough softball ones. I will try to find the soccer website so you can at least take a look at them. Good luck!! I cannot wait to hear about Adri playing T Ball.
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy black tennis shoes as suggested, they sell them at stride rite with pretty good tred. There is a difference between soccer cleats and softball cleats, so if you buy some cleats, make sure they are the right kind. In general I do not think they are necessary at all for ages 5 and below, but the league may have a requirement. Check with them.

We tried a soccer class for our son when he turned 3. Unfortunately our instructor was mediocre and made for mediocre experience. I think we will wait several more years before we try an organized team sport. The kids just mostly run around in circles (which is cute), but they just aren't ready to follow directions and learn a sport. I'm paranoid that our son will have a negative experience and get turned off too soon.

We are sticking to swim lessons and the parent/tot gymnastics.....good luck! Are you coaching? That might make it a fun experience for you both!
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    fisch wrote:
    We are sticking to swim lessons and the parent/tot gymnastics.....good luck! Are you coaching? That might make it a fun experience for you both!

i love the idea of swim lessons.we should do that after the t-ball season ends:)she is in gymnastics and really loves.i think she's made for it.its more for fun now but i think when she gets older it will be something shes passionate about.and no not coaching.i'll be watching from the sidelines with my little rookie.lol

she'll be in soccer next year.they upped the age to 4.these sports are so much cheaper than gymnastics
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    cata888cata888 Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    I had Zach in tee ball at age 4 & 5. I bought him regular black tennis shoes. You might be able to find cleats at Payless or Dick's Sporting Goods if you have one in the area.
    lamlamard20110606_-5_My+child+is.png
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you can get them we tried without for one day but the dirt fields can be slippery. one less fall means less tears right?
    connonandray.jpg