Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

What's up With This?

SeriousleyThinkingSeriousleyThinking Posts: 27
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Yay, the forum is back, and I can ask my burning question!
So this is the first month I have really made a consurted effort to track my cycle. It turns out I’m relatively late, I O’ed on CD 17 and am still in the LP. So I’ve noticed that I have some…um… hairs growing around my nipples and like three little hairs that persistently pop up on my chin. I am definitely not over weight, BMI is 18.something and I’m 5 foot 2.. Does this mean I have too much of something growing in my body or am I just a freak of nature? I’ve had the hairy problem since I was around 15 or so, and have been to embarrassed to tell anyone about it.
So my TTC sistah’s, what’s your verdict?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Can't answer about the nipples but how old are you? When I started to get older I too had a bit of facial hair that shows up. I had been on an insulin resistant diet for a while it was supposed to aid conception but in reading that information it is a hormonal thing. I quess if you really stick to that diet it is supposed to elimate the facial hair. I worked really hard on it but didn't see much difference. For now just pluck away. I've been leary of the creams and TTC.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't hursuitism one of the symptoms of PCOS? I would ask your ob/gyn, even if you're not working with one for fertility. It could be a hormonal thing, or part of your ethnic background or coloring as well? I would definitely ask rather than leaving it out, it could be important.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
    edited November -1
    I’ve noticed that I have some…um… hairs growing around my nipples and like three little hairs that persistently pop up on my chin. I’ve had the hairy problem since I was around 15 or so, and have been to embarrassed to tell anyone about it.
    So my TTC sistah’s, what’s your verdict?

I've had the same problem - nipples only for me and one persistant hair on my neck - since I was 16 or so. I was actually UNDERWEIGHT then - though now I am overweight. It never changed as I got older, went through pregnancies or anything. I was so embarrassed to tell anyone until I told my (now ex) MIL and she told me she's had the same thing all of her life. Since then, I've met sooooo many women (exes and friends) who grow dark, long hair on their nipples and get random hairs in other places. The only hairs I grew on my face were out of a mole and I had that removed.

I read that women who produce more testosterone are more likely to have bodily hair. In the same token, the more testosterone a woman has, the more "amorous" she is. So my saying is, "Hairy women are horny women" :lol:
  • Options
    SeriousleyThinkingSeriousleyThinking Posts: 27
    edited November -1
    Hay their OM, I’m in my early 20s, and not on any special diet. I just try and eat write, and stay away from junk food.
    K&H, I’m very light skinned, kinda like Casper the friendly goast… I was worried about PCOS because AF is pure hell, but my DR. said that since I don’t have cramping during the rest of the month and am not over weight that he didn’t think it was that. He said “I’m just lucky that way.”
    Heather and Ray, If you have more testosterone, does that mean your cycle’s messed up and you have low estrogen? And :lol: to us horny and hairy women.
    Have an AWSOME day!
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I have had random hairs on my neck for like 10 years and also around my nipples (I just turned 37) I pluck them. I was briefly diagnosed with PCOS a couple years ago but it resolved (I was not over weight but lost some anyway) and just watched diet and exercise. Ultrasounds while TTC this baby did not show any cysts anymore. so number one- you might just be getting these hairs, as others said, not unusual as you age, number 2 you could have PCOS (however my hairs started before my first pregnancy and for sure before being diagnosed with PCOS) and not be overweight, it is possible.

Also Oing on cycle day 17 is not that unusual or late. I have had 30+ day cycles for as long as I have been tracking and typically O's between days 17-19. Still got pregnant twice. It is the length of your luteal phase that is more important (I think between 12-15 days is good).
  • Options
    HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
    edited November -1
    <<Heather and Ray, If you have more testosterone, does that mean your cycle’s messed up and you have low estrogen? And :lol: to us horny and hairy women.>>

Well, my cycles WERE messed up so that is actually quite possible! lol I would go from 23 days to 54 days to 36 days, etc etc
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    The lengthy cycle is more of a PCOS red flag (potential) than anything else you mentioned. I would ask your doctor for day 3 bloodwork to start, then you could do the clomid challenge or have sonograms to back up or refute that possibility depending on how your numbers come back. I'd take the time before spending all that money on sperm!
    image_zps64579b54.png