Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Breastfeeding and clomid

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi, anyone have experience or knowledge on taking clomid while Breastfeeding? I would not take it with out talking to my pharmacist and others as I feel necessary. I would only take 50 mg for three days as I did when TTC my daughter (I got pregnant on the 2nd clomid cycle, new donor.)

I initially thought it was a big no no while bfing. However, a brief internet search a little while back brought up information to the contrary. Again, not something I would choose to do based simply on what you gals think! Just want to discuss it with you all! Thanks!
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited March 2014
    I always knew I'd need clomid if I tried for another. Like you found, a quick internet search revealed that taking it while nursing wasn't an option safe for baby. We nursed for almost 3 years and weaning to ttc was never something I considered but I know some people do make that choice. You might also look into taking vitex instead. It is supposed to be a natural kind of clomid and safe to take while bfing. Even supposed to help with supply.
    image_zps64579b54.png