Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

car seats...still...

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I can't possibly lug my Radian on our trip next month so I am trying to figure out what seat to order and have sent to my parents house. Kate is 7, 45 inches and 45 pounds. She has lots of cousins in NY so I am sure my Dad will make use of the seat when we aren't there. I am tempted to buy the pricey Britax and know she will have something there every time we visit over the next couple of years but - gah, that's a lot of money. I purchased 2 of the less pricey ones (I am forgetting all the names now) but the click tight is definitely not the same on that one and it make me scream every time I have to install them in the Nanny's car! Is there another 5 pt harness that is easy to install, transitions to booster and isn't nearly that expensive? A couple cousins are also really tiny but I am pretty sure they are in booster (or riding on the roof at this point!). I purchased one for this same reason when she was younger but she has now outgrown it.
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    what about the Evenflo Chase Select Harnessed Booster Car Seat? It is $56 @ Walmart. I had one similar to this one for Isaiah (can't recall the name). I was very easy to install & because he is so little was usable for a long time.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited January 2016
    Have you looked at the Immi Go? I have no experience with this seat, but I read about it when the Car Seat Lady posted bout Uber Family using them.
    https://www.immigoseat.com/product/immi-go/

ETA: Con: Not certified for use on aircrafts (bummer!)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friend who is a car seat tech RAVES about the Graco 4ever. It converts all the way from infant to booster, so if your dad will be using it for other grandkids, it covers all the bases. It's pricey...Amazon has it at $299.
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    No advice . . I've only use the radians for years now but I do know Amazon warehouse has good discounted boxes on car seats so any you're considering check there too.