Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

plus size and TTC

hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
hello i was wondering if any of the women on here are plus size and TTC? if so have you encountered any difficulty? also are there any plus size women who have or are trying to lose weight before you start TTC?
2qwlfcx.jpg
ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!

Comments

• Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    There are alot of us plus size women on here. I have not actually gotten pregnant yet, but hopefully third times a charm right. My dr. says there should be no reason I can't get pregnant. I have lost about 40 pounds since we first decided to TTC. I started watching what I ate and going to the gym in September and we started trying in January. I am still considered a plus size, but have gone from a size 20-22 to a 16-18. I am not going to call people out, but some recent BFP are on the bigger side. Gotta love us bigger women!! :)
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    I am a big girl and we got our BFP on our 2nd try. Our doctor didnt say anything about my weight when we were talking to her about us ttc, but we just did our thing and that's that! Good luck to you!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I was (and am) plus sized, and I got pregnant on my second try each time. I've always had regular periods and with charting my BBT, CM and OPKs, I was able to pinpoint ovulation pretty clearly. extra weight can affect your hormones- which in turn can affect the TTC game - but just being overweight doesn't mean you WILL have troubles.

I was morbidly obese (100 lbs over my target weight) when I conceived. I had an almost textbook pregnancy. no gestational diabetes, no high blood pressure... nothing they "expected" me to have because of my weight. in fact, I lost weight the first 19 weeks and the day I delivered I think I was 11lbs over my pregnancy weight. :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    I was 215 when I got pregnant with baby #3, I was 25 then. But I had no problems and got pregnant the first try.

I'm 260 now. *swoon* and trying for our 2nd insem in a few days. I haven't tried to lose weight just eating better and tried to move more.
    Karen
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I am slightly above average and it worked on the 5th try!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wooow im soo glad to see all the positive stories and the fact that im not the only one lol! i am a plus size girl. m i have started going to the gym and im hoping to drop some lbs by august september which is when we plan to start TTc. i dont have any health issues except for asthma but i was born with it. so im hoping that things go well. i have had regular periods as well except for a period of time that i was on depo-provera and i was not menstruating at all.
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    rara-0313rara-0313 Posts: 115
    edited November -1
    I'm also a PS girl and got pregnant on the first try!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    awwww! @ rara do you mind me asking what donor you used!? @ chrys... awww im sorry you have gotten all bfns but my logic about them is that they will make that bfp sooooo much more special. and the pregnancy even with its discomforts you will find joy in them lol! and i hope you get a bfp asap! im about a size 24 now and thats the biggest i have ever been! so even if it has nothing to do with my size im determined to shed some lbs before we ttc. when i was younger i got prego my first time having unprotected sex. but with the issues in my relationship i lost the baby. i was only 15 so i think god had a plan. now im living a different life and i dont think i have any fertility issues but being with DP the chance of pregnancy doesnt exist lol! but im sooooooooooooooo excited and i think im kinda obsessing over the whole issue lol! that was random sorry
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what did you do to lose the 60 lbs??? thats about what im trying to go for! 60-90! i know thats alot to try to lose in 6 months but hopefully i can manage it
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I was skinny with my first but very plus sized with my second. I didnt see it having any issues on me getting pregnant as I got pregnant the third try. However, I did have a hell of a pregnancy because it was alot of extra weight to carry on an already heavy body! LOL but I dont think you should have to many issues. I am going to be trying for our third in June but am losing weight first so that I am in a healthy weight range for my height and body type. It shouldnt be an issues if you are having regular periods. Good luck
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy coolbeans!! THE height and weight requirement for me i havent been close to since i wa about 12! i have always been ps. never smaller than a size 12. so im hoping it wont be difficult! DP wants me to lose as much weight as i can because she is worried about my health in general. but i hear many stories of plus size women actually dropping lbs during pregnancy as opposed to packing on extra ones!! godd luck to you as well
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I am 40 and Plus size and Pregnant!!
    I had the lap band done in 2007 and went from 350 to 220. After taking some fertility meds I did gain some weight and now that I am pregnant I am 256.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    congraaatttsss!!! woooow i am about 335 right now! and im trying to at least get down to 250 before getting prego! i dont want the weight loss to shift our plans for TTC this fall but i want to get below 300 before i will even consider getting pregnant! hope you have a H&H pregnancy!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I did actually lose laot of weight after I had my daughter and I dropped the 40lbs in about 12 weeks. Can I ask how much you weigh now? I was 210 when I got pregnant and then was 250 the day I delivered and am now down to 195lbs. If you are interested I would be more than happy to give you some suggestions on losing weight. My wife was a personal trainer and is very fit and is concerned about my weight so I am trying to lose as much as I can before I try again. I think that weight wise its always better to be at a healther weight just to make it easier on you and your body and also so you dont have a higher risk of getting gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia but you can be skinny and get all those things to.
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    rara-0313rara-0313 Posts: 115
    edited November -1
    @Hplfmommeez2be I used donor 080F but he's no longer in the program. I'm patiently waiting for someone to sell back some vials so I can try for a whole sibling for my daughter, but if not I'm sure there's another donor's"man juice"is waiting to knock me up!(when I'm ready to TTC again)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ rara oh okayy! hahaha!!! i say man juice tooooo lmaooooo!!!! @ rktink i am abotu 335 right now!!! ugh i hate saying any number involving my weight with a 3 on it! I WILL TAKE ANY AND EVERY PIECE OF ADVICE YOU HAVE TO OFFER!!!! please and thank you! im hoping to shed some pounds before a baby and then hopefully some once i have the baby because i hear breastfeeding helps you drop weight fast lol!!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    I weighed 180 lbs and the mid wifes told me to get to 150 lbs. I have been working out and I love how my body is shaping up. Also I love how im not as depressed. Today I am 169... so I think that working out can help ttc. I wont be trying again till I get to loose some more weight. Good luck. For all the bfp.
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy i havent spoken to a doctor or anything i just know that this is something i want to do for my own health and also to ensure my baby has a healthy home for 9 months and that i am going to be healthy enough to take care of him or her after birth because i will probably be home alone mostly! how long have you been working out to lose the lbs you have
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I started a month ago. Four weeks. But I changed my diet. No soda only green tea. No sweets like candy or chocolate. I eat chicken breast and lean beef. I am not found of veggies or fruit. Yet I make my self eat spinich salad. Also I will eat pineapple and oranges and apples. I make my self try all kinds of healthy stuff. If u are starting off go to the store and in the breakfast alie look for gronla bars. They are so darn good. And only 100 calories. Then I started walking at the gym on the tredmill. 4-5 min and then lifted for 10 min. Then just increased on the times. You can do it! If I can anyone can!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good luck. Keep me posted!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy thats great! thats what im trying to do lose at least 10-15 lbs a month! DP and i are trying to go to the gym mon-fri for 2 hrs a day but i have been really sick so we havent gone in 5 days lol! and i havent completely revamped my diet i am just trying to eat less!! we never buy soda so thats not a worry we only drink water and on occassion we have juice in the house. but sweets are my weakness lol thanks i will you too! hopefully you drop those few lbs quickly and we see a BFP in the coming months
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2011
    I am on the larger end and concieved on our 3rd try. I have only gained 10 lbs since my BFP but I am terrified of what I will look like at the end of this pregnancy. I already feel like a beach whale. I have always been fairly average and when I met DP I gained 60 lbs in 2 years and have been struggling to get it off and keep it off!

Here is a picture of me at 16 weeks

untitled-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    awwww very cute! thats what happened with me when i met dp i gained 70 lbs in a year! i thinks its comfort weight! once you are settling with someone you just pick up the lbs! dp gained 40lbs as well. i carry my weight very proportionated so im hoping i dont look like ham on a stick when i get prego! but i dont think you will look bad! you look great now!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    With my last pregnancy I was 182 lbs. pre-pregnancy. Right before I delivered my dd in 2007 I was 194 lbs. at my last prenatal visit. It is actually recomended for larger women not to gain the 40 lbs. that thinner women are suppose to gain during pregnancy. I lost about 14-17 lbs. in the first tri from such horrendous morning sickness.
    I am 5' 4" and currently 212.5. I am also nervous about carring a child again. I didn't have any major complications with my previous pregnancy but did have a lot of swelling in the last tri. Since I am 30 lbs. heavier now than I was before getting pregnant last time, I wonder how things will turn out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow! i hear its because we have fat reserves so we dont need the extra weught gain. 10-15 lbs is recommended. i totally understand where your coming from. thats my concern as well. but i think you will be ok!! when ae you planning to ttc?
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I have not gotten my BFP yet but I am overweight. My sister was morbidly obese and went through IVF and got pregnant. My doctor has said something a few times but just that it would "help" if I lost a little weight. I try to watch what I eat (as I eat a slice of pizza...ugh) and have lost about 10 lbs while TTC. My doctor is THRILLED! Trust me...not even close to what I need to lose but he thinks it will help.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i can totally relate! i am supposed to be watching what i eat but its noot easy lol! i dont eat much but i dont eat well. like im just eating brekfast right now. but you know i hear if your trying to do it that every little bit counts. i know someone who dropped 15lbs to ttc and she was able to get prego right away. so you never know. i believe god has a hand in it. if he feels a child is what you need at that time hes not going to let anything keep it from happening. but if the timing is off he will gie you a sign to wait
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    cptncrbcptncrb Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    WHen TTC for my first pregnancy I was 270 around and I conceive don the third try using clomid. I am now 285 and we are on our second try using clomid.

It will happen! Also, I gained about 30 pounds and most of that was the last month.
    Cina, Kim, Mark & Jackson
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh wow okayy thats great! congrats and i hope that you get a BFP soon!! i am about 340 now and i am hoping to be down to at least 280 or 270 before i get pregnant!!! im soo excited to start this that its honestly all i can think about! everyone around me is accidently getting pregnant and all i want it to get pregnant lol! but our time is fast approaching!!! september isnt to far off!!! im hoping that a BFP will be my birthday gift!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    cheyennecheyenne Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I will admit that I need to lose weight. That being said I have been above 325 for all three of pregnancies. I do lose weight while pregnant instead of gaining weight. Since I am only 8 wks on my 3rd I can't say much on that pregnancy but the other two. I had very easy pregnancy with no health problems.