Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

plus size and TTC

2»

Comments

• Options
    hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    wow thats great!!!! at least you dont have health complications inspite of your weight! thats my biggest worry is having a complicated pregnancy! i want to be healthy so i can go through the pregnancy and be able to do all the things that i dream about now!!! hopefully i will be lucky as you! congrats ont he 3rd baby
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • Options
    hope313hope313 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    My dr told me that losing 10% of your weight will drastically increase your fertility. I would recommend setting that as your goal, as smaller goals are much more attainable. I lost 40lbs before even trying, and still have a good 70 more to lose before at an "ideal" weight. Good luck!
    ttc.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh wow really? that sounds a lot more attainable!!! thanks for the hint
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I have heard the same thing about losing 10% of your weight and it worked for me. I wasn't ovulating at all, even with Clomid or injections, and the RE pretty much gave up on me. I was so depressed and upset because I have had irregular periods all my life, so I haven't ovulated on my own very often no matter what I weighed. But I took a summer (I'm a teacher) and took diet and exercise on like a full time job. I was at the gym almost every day and if not, I worked out at home. I planned and cooked healthy meals. I wasn't perfect with it but I lost 30 pounds and conceived on the first try the next time we tried.

I only gained 25 pounds while pregnant (with triplets) and lost almost all of that on the operating table when they were born. I was down 50 pounds by the time they were 3 weeks old. I like to joke that I just need to have 2 more sets of triplets and I'll be at my goal weight!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow!!! thats what i should be doing because i dont work right now! DP and i got gym memberships a few weeks ago and we were going everyday until i got really sick and couldnt go! but woww!!! thats fast lol!!! yea in that case i need to have at least 4 sets of triplets lol
    2qwlfcx.jpg