Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I do not believe this! *Updated 3/18*

korinnesmomkorinnesmom Posts: 88
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
*3/18 Took another NW strip. Very faint +. Took a digital "not pregnant". I am not going to waste the money going to the lab today. I am going to give it time, for nature to take it's course. The bleeding got very heavy last night and I passed small clots (sorry tmi). I just plan to take this month to heal emotionally and see what this cycle does. Thanks to everyone for their support. *

BETA was 4..ummm, wth? I took two more today and they have not darkened, but are still there and faint. Something does not make sense here.. I asked the doctor to explain how the + tests and he said I probably bleed it all out by the time I got to the lab. That makes no sense as I still got a + on the FRER last night and today a + on the NW on the FRER another faint.

All in all, I am chalking this up to a chemical. Fun hoping while it lasted. Thanks to all of you for your support.

Last night, being that AF started three days early, a hopeful part of me thought "implantation" took a Northwest test, and sure enough, positive. Then another NW test a few hours later, much the same.

This morning took an FRER and another faint positive. The thing is, I am bleeding too much I think for it to be an implantation bleed. Chemical maybe??

Any thoughts would be great.

homepreggotests001.jpg

homepreggotests003.jpg

homepreggotests006.jpg

homepreggotests010.jpg

Sorry for the awful quality.
Korinne Thanks #4000
kinnycollage.jpg
Sky, a natural miracle!
skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012

Comments

• Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Ohhhh...interesting. Can you get a blood test? Maybe they can tell what your level is and then you'd know. Fingers crossed it's a real pregnancy and you have a sticky baby in there :)
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    I would call your doctor asap!
  • Options
    sugar&spice4mesugar&spice4me Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    I hope its a true BFP! wishing you all the luck in the world.Let us know how it goes.Good luck!
    3rh1wdetf.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I would get a beta quick!!
    Hope the bleeding stops and you have a sticky bean!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See, in this backwards place I live, my doctor's approach is not to do anything this early.

I may wait a day or two and see, if the lines get lighter, then I know it's a chemical, if not, well, then I will call for a beta.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I broke down and put a call into my doctor and hopefully they can order a beta.

I am bleeding way too much for this to possibly stick though.

Two two more brands, all positives though. Four brands all positives, so much bleeding though. Not good.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    But if it is a chemical pregnancy though, at least you know that you can get pregnant with this donor! So that would be good news.

And, taken from my best friend, it is actually possible to get your period while you are pregnant. How? I've no idea. But she had hers for 5 months.. Then went to the doctor and figured out she was 5 months pregnant. What a shocker!

But yes, definitely call your doctor! Or does your insurance have a 24/hr free nurse line? Mine does - it's awesome for little questions and big questions.

I hope you are alright. *hugs*

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Doctor called in a BETA... so, I have to just go from there... Augh.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Oh I hope for nothing but the best for you - it IS possible to have as much bleeding as AF and still have a sticky BFP, so I have my fingers crossed for you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    My mother had her period for the first 5 months of her pregnancy with my sister. She didnt' even know she was pregnant until 5 months along!
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    It is actually very common to have full on AF like bleeding and still be pregnant! I certainly hope that is the case for you! Thinking of you - hope you get good news!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took a fifth brand, another +..lol, I am going mad here!

I am waiting for my 15 year old daughter to get home so she can help with little ones at the lab (she has to go shopping anyways) so I guess I won't know till tomorrow.

If I had 5 different brands pop BFP's, and the BETA is -, the I am going to wonder....????
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I hope you have your BFP and its just a little random bleeding.

Good Luck!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The beta won't be negative because the pregnancy tests are picking up enough HCG to turn positive.

Best of luck to you!!!!!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    I am thinking positive thoughts for you! Please, please keep us updated on your BETA and how you are feeling.
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the positive thoughts ladies. Bumping so you can see the pics.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking BFP...it's actually not that uncommon to have bleeding around the time AF would normally show, even when pregnant.
    Get a beta done for sure...but I think congrats is likely in order!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ^^ I had it drawn late this afternoon. Guess I should know tomorrow.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    Good luck!
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck and hope your numbers are good. I had bleeding during the first few months of ALL my pregnancies, so it is possible to have what you think is AF and still have a sticky bean!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Good luck hope the numbers are good!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know how Ibuprofen and Naproxen can cause bleeding?

Now that I think about it, I had a nasty virus and was not thinking that the insems worked and took it like it was candy because my body aches were sooo bad. Omg... Just a thought.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to wish you good luck!

I would not worry about meds. I took a weeks worth of vicoden with my first daughter because I was in a lot of pain and did not know I was pregnant. She is here and ALIVE and well.

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say my prayers are with you. I hope you get really good news today!
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Are you number back yet?????!!!!!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    anxious to hear your numbers... good luck to you !
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    sugar&spice4mesugar&spice4me Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    I've been waiting all morning to hear what the numbers are...Hope its good news!
    3rh1wdetf.png
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Looking forward to hearing your numbers..come on sticky BFP!
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    angnjakeangnjake Posts: 13
    edited November -1
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, I started bleeding 3 days early. It was a heavy bleed, took a test anyways, it was positive, the bleeding continued for 9 weeks. It was bad....My betas were always low, but they kept going up. My daughter is 16 months old. I had a subchronic hemmorage which caused all the bleeding. Good Luck to you....
    Angela
    mom to
    Nathan 12yrs
    Enrico 10yrs
    Demecio 3yrs
    Baby Sophia born 11/18/09