Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

May the TTC Odds be Ever in Your Favor

2»

Comments

• Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    My second HCG was 1832. I am going in for a third number and progesterone check today due to the spotting.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HCG was 9399....sigh of relief. But my progesterone was only at 12. The nurse is going to check with the doctor and see if she wants me on progesterone supplements and will call me back later in the day.
  • Options
    ana8284ana8284 Posts: 628
    edited November -1
    Glad to see such great HCG numbers!!!!
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #1- 07/12-BFN, IUI #2 08/12-BFN, ICI at home 10/12- BFN, Back to Back IUI #3 08/13-BFN, IUI #4 09/13-BFN, IUI #5 03/14- BFN, IUI #6 05/14- BFN, IUI #7 06/14-BFN
    KD-10/14-BFN KD-12/14-BFN IUI #8 3/15 BFN, IUI #9 4/15 BFN, IUI #10 6/17 BFN
    Potential Adoptive Parents- Baby Due November 2017!
    IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ana8284! You've been a great support!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The doctor said no progesterone.....hmmm....
  • Options
    TessG.TessG. Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi Ladies, I just wanted to share a site that could help you calculate your ovulation period. I hope this helps and good luck. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So weird reading through this post now 3ish years later. It seems so long ago and, yet, like it was only yesterday.

I am so grateful that my pregnancy persisted and created my wonderful little monster. I feel like such a whining whiner face posting about this because I had such a great outcome the first time and we have a baby. But, our family isn't complete and I'm feeling pretty frustrated with my body and life.

We have been trying for baby #2 since June. Up until that point, I was having fairly consistent but longish cycles despite nursing. I swear once we said, "ok, let's do this" my body was like FU. Some of My cycles have been excruciatingly long and ovulation has been fairly inconsistent.

This month wasn't any better. I got what I thought was a positive opk on Thursday. We were set to inseminate on Friday. Around 4pm, I have to leave work because I was struck with a fricken stomach bug. Typically, we locate the cervix and try to put the sperm right there but I wasn't about to mess with that between vomit sessions. So, we just toss it in there and hope for the best. My temp did rise the next 3 days but it could have been due to the fever on Friday. Today, I realized I've continued to have some watery egg whitish cm. I chalked it up initially to preseed + sperm. But, I took another opk on a whim tonight and it was positive. I wonder if my stomach bug made my ovulation suppress and now we've wasted the vial. :(

We only have 5 more vials in storage of our baby's donor and he is no longer donating. I know I should probably wait until things get more consistent to try again but I am also getting older and don't want to wait.

I switched jobs in September and called in October to get in with a new doctor. The earliest appointment they had available for new patients was JUNE of 2017! Every practice around here is booked like this. So, I wait. I guess I start focusing on losing weight and maybe that will help regulate things.

This sucks. I'm sad. I'm frustrated. I adopted a kitten a few weeks ago to help ease my saddness. At this rate, I'm going to become a crazy animal lady.

Ok, whining is over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you! Hope E is doing well!
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #1- 07/12-BFN, IUI #2 08/12-BFN, ICI at home 10/12- BFN, Back to Back IUI #3 08/13-BFN, IUI #4 09/13-BFN, IUI #5 03/14- BFN, IUI #6 05/14- BFN, IUI #7 06/14-BFN
    IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ana8284 wrote:

Hi Ana! How have you been?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ana8284 wrote:

Sorry haven't been on here much lately! Doing okay completely in the throws if the adoption world now which is a whole other story in itself! Definitely is a part time job much like the fertility world but minus the hormones at least!
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ana8284 wrote:
    ana8284 wrote:

Sorry haven't been on here much lately! Doing okay completely in the throws if the adoption world now which is a whole other story in itself! Definitely is a part time job much like the fertility world but minus the hormones at least!

I just read your update! How wild is the adoption world and people make it sound so easy. I've been thinking about you and hope that you hear something soon!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, here I am cd 14. Negative tests and no period.

I really really expected my period to come this morning as I had some spotting yesterday. My LP is always 14 days. But, this morning my temp was still above the cover line. Still a little spotting but not as much as yesterday. I didn't test today bc my test was negative last night.

This all makes me think that I ovulated later than anticipated because the stomach virus thing I had two fridays ago. Either way, I know I did ovualte at some point and I likely would have had a positive test if it worked.

To top things off, everyone is my life is pregnant. The same day my digit said, "not pregnant." My friend text me a "pregant" digit. Same effing day. I am happy for them but damn world, get a little more rude.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How old is your son? How many cycles have you inseminated so far? My son was still nursing 3 to 5 times a day and I was finally able to conceive on our fourth attempt. He was 27 months old. We did an IUI at home about 22 hours after positive opk. I used the Clearblue Digitals and Clinical Guard ovulation tests. I know how frustrating and confusing it can be TTC while still breastfeeding. If my last attempt wouldn't have worked I was going to wait to TTC again until my son weaned because like you, I had a limited number of vials and just didn't know if I was able to get pregnant while still nursing. I'm sorry you are having trouble conceiving your second baby and I wish you lots of luck.

Ahh! This gives me so much hope! My son is 26 almost 27 months and is nursing 1-3 times a day mostly at night. This was our fourth time we were able to try, because I've been having really long cycles, which is so frustrating.

I think part of the problem is that nursing made me gain so much weight. I was starving all the time! I'm Eat pretty healthy but I have not focused on weight loss per say. I wonder it actually trying to lose weight would help.

Thanks so much for sharing your story! It helps to know others are in the same boat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, here I am cd 14. Negative tests and no period.

I really really expected my period to come this morning as I had some spotting yesterday. My LP is always 14 days. But, this morning my temp was still above the cover line. Still a little spotting but not as much as yesterday. I didn't test today bc my test was negative last night.

This all makes me think that I ovulated later than anticipated because the stomach virus thing I had two fridays ago. Either way, I know I did ovualte at some point and I likely would have had a positive test if it worked.

To top things off, everyone is my life is pregnant. The same day my digit said, "not pregnant." My friend text me a "pregant" digit. Same effing day. I am happy for them but damn world, get a little more rude.

I really meant 14 dpo in the above text. I'm lame. Lol.

After that spotting on 12-14 days past insemination, my period didn't actually come until Sunday/Monday (full force Monday). So, my best guess is that the stomach virus delayed ovulation until Saturday or Sunday and our timing was off. Fertility friend confirmed ovulation for Friday. It I also had a fever, so I think that really messed things up.

I let myself eat a bunch of junk food Sunday and Monday (read: Chinese take out, pb m&ms, and Kringle...no regrets) and I felt a little better. I've regrouped and I'm ready to focus on the next cycle. My goals are to keep eating clean, drink lots of water, and focus on mindfulness and relaxation. The rest is really out of my control.