Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

March, April & May babies - UPDATES ON BOTTOM :)

HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
edited March 2012 in Pregnancy and Babies
I know back when there was a big grouping of babies due, people due in that time had a post that they continued with updates on each other and, of course, the big announcements of labor, etc.

So, how about for all of us due in March, April and May, we update this thread with dr appt updates, symptoms of labor, questions and concerns about things happening, etc.

Everyone game? :cool:

I looked at the EDD list and there is one (Lauran) due in March and then a bunch of us due in April and May.

How is everyone feeling? How many weeks are you? Any updates from doctors?

Our 36 Week appointment for the internal and strep-B test is a week from tomorrow so we will know more then. Our 34 week ultrasound estimated baby at 5 lbs 6 oz so she is growing very well!!! Heather is dealing with quite a bit of low back, hip and groin muscle pain these days so she is definitely entering the highly unpleasant last part of pregnancy.

Comments

• Options
    njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited November -1
    I am glad the baby and Heather are doing well. Yes, I agree, third trimester is a tough one. I have hips pain too, and I really feel them spreading and getting wider, and it does get very uncomfortable. Also I think I got almost every symptom of third trimester pregnancy discomfort (very bad heartburn, no energy, etc, etc), except for hemmoroids, and I hope I didn't just jinx myself with that one, lol.
    Good luck at your 36 week appointment. You are so close to meeting your precious baby! :):)
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • Options
    aprok3aprok3 Posts: 569
    edited November -1
    L is getting bigger every week! She is a pregnant champ! She rarely complains, even though she is having crazy round ligament pain, low back pain and heartburn. We have an appointment on the 8th for our 32 week. We are not scheduled for any further u/s, however I think we are going to get one done at 34 weeks. Baby is kicking away and its crazy to feel his body roll. We are stoked! 9 more weeks... YAY
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    We have an appointment tomorrow (31 weeks- strange number, I know) and after that we'll be on every two weeks for a little while. The midwife wants to start seeing us weekly at 34 or 35 weeks since DS came on the early side (37 weeks to the day).
    During the day, everything is going well. I've had crazy braxton-hicks this time, but at least they don't surprise me as much as they did last pregnancy. I'm still running, albeit very slowly. At night, my hips hurt so bad that it's hard to sleep. It's the outside of my hips that are sore- I think they are trying to widen. I don't remember that happening until later with DS, but I guess I'm just lucky this time...
    Baby girl is extremely active, and her big brother already loves her. He likes to kiss her and talks about when she's arriving. I imagine his opinion will change a bit when she's actually here and sucking away the attention from him, but for now it's adorable.
  • Options
    SomedaysoonSomedaysoon Posts: 133
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad to hear you ladies are doing well!! I head to the Dr. Thursday for my 32 week appt. Everything so far has been smooth sailing, except for the gestational diabetes I was confirmed to have! The good news is that I'm learning some better eating habits, the bad news is I really miss my sweets...and I thought that was a perk of being pregnant! At my 28 week appt. the baby was measuring around 3lbs 4 oz...so odds are he'll be a good-sized baby come full term! :) Best of luck to everyone during the remainder of your pregnancies!
  • Options
    LauranLauran Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Great idea HeatherAndRae!

Had my 37 week appointment today (one day early!) and everything looks great. Baby is transverse (sideways), but since I'm having a planned c-section, no one is concerned. Speaking of which, surgery is officially scheduled for March 15, 10 AM!

I had a LOT of Braxton Hicks between 31 weeks and 35.5 weeks, but nothing this last week at ALL. I think she's content to hang out in there until they cut me open to take her out. Everything is happening so crazy fast--I have one more regular appointment next week, and the week after that my regular appointment will also be for pre-op blood work, with the c-section the next day. Yikes!

Something funny, at least to me--I failed my 28 week glucose test with a 150. They keep testing my blood at each appointment and are now very confused because ever since that test, I'm actually bordering on hypoglycemic, which is the opposite of gestational diabetes. I was given the green light today to "carb away!" They have no idea why the one test was so high.

So, who all is already packed for the hospital? I remember with my first pregnancy I packed really early. I have everything ready now except a few toiletries, and clothes for the baby--I'm waiting to see what the weather is going to be like that week. March is pretty unpredictable around here.
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    cptncrbcptncrb Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    I will step out of lurkdom to update...

I will be 28 weeks tomorrow and have an appt tomorrow. I am just entering the third trimester and I too am feeling the hip pain and some Braxton Hicks. Not fun.

I am opting for a VBAC if all checks out with the hospital report about my C-section. I had a bad experience after the c-section and I really want to try to avoid that as well as having a vaginal birth. We shall see if this little guy cooperates.

I am due May 23 and I feel like this pregnancy is going so fast.
    Cina, Kim, Mark & Jackson
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    ncmomstobe, I can't believe you're still running. That is awesome!
    We have our 34 week appointment this Thursday. Baby boy is doing well. His momma is doing well, too. We just had our baby shower last Saturday. A lot of people showed up, and we ended up staying more than an hour past the time we had reserved our spot for. We had it a pizza place that has a play room so anyone with kiddos could bring them. The kids played the entire time (except for when there was pizza, and when cake was being served), and the grown ups were all able to hang out and enjoy themselves.
    Chandra just finished her last day of work today. She is now a stay at home momma!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    I go in this Thursday for my glucose test and the start of my bi-weekly appointments. I will go every other week until 36 weeks, at which point I will get my GBS test done and start going in weekly.

I'm feeling nervous about the glucose test. I've had quite a lot of weight gain, and I just can't quite seem to eat as healthy as I should. I'm just hungry all the time, and the easiest stuff to grab and eat isn't always the healthiest!

I have been feeling pretty good, although I have some minor complaints that just come with the territory. Heartburn is becoming more frequent, and I'm starting to get tired again. I've been a little short of breath, and had some pain in my upper-middle abdomen - I guess from him crowding my diaphragm. My biggest problem at this point is this horrible rib pain that I can't seem to get over. I've done some "research" (i.e. google) and found that separation of the cartilage and bone in the rib cage during preg can be normal, and there's really not much to be done about it. I had to just get some new tank tops with built-in bra cups that don't rub on my ribs as much, and really watch my posture and the way I sit/move.

I've really been enjoying seeing/feeling the little guy roll and kick. It makes me wonder what in the world he could possibly be doing in there! ;) He's extremely active - I'll be surprised if I even have a bladder left by the time he gets done with it!

Hope to keep hearing updates from everyone. I will let you all know how my glucose test goes - wish me luck...I have a feeling I'll need it!
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DP is doing great. She just had her 31 week appointment and she's measuring right on target, gained the appropriate amount of weight, BP is great, and L's heartbeat sound fantastic. Little Miss L on the other hand is giving us a run for our money. She was transverse until a few hours before DP's OB appointment. We go to the appointment and she's turned but our OB couldn't tell it she was head down or breech. He is a very laid back OB and told DP not to worry that L has up until 37 weeks to determine how she want's to be brought in to the world. Our appointments are every 2 weeks now and at 36 weeks we will start having weekly visits. And if L doesn't decide which way she direction she want's to be in there we might get another ultrasound around 37 weeks to see what she's doing in there. DP plans on getting induced a week early because my job is very strict about how and when time off is allotted where if she went in to labor on her own I may or may not be able to leave work. She plans on taking a minimum of 7 weeks off but may take off 8 depending on how her vacation time plays out.

This pregnancy has flown by so quickly it feels so surreal. We haven't started packing for the hospital yet and probably won't pack until 37ish weeks. We plan on doing a belly cast at 35 weeks because that's when we did C's. Little L's room is set up for the most part and we have just about everything that we need for her to make her arrival.

@Lauren I think St Pattys Day would make a better birthday but I'm biased because that's our little guys birthday!
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will let you all know how my glucose test goes - wish me luck...I have a feeling I'll need it!

Good luck, BeyondObsessed! What day do you go?
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lauran ~ I go in tomorrow!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Eeeek! I hate those tests, I totally sympathize. Hope it goes quickly and your numbers are low!
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    First of all just have to say- beyond Obsessed- is your BP ok? Upper abdominal pain is a significant sign of pre or even full blown ecclampsia so I would not ignore it.

That said, I am 34 weeks and sounds like having a much more difficult time than the rest of you!! I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension at 31 weeks and at 33 wks with pre eclampsia. Am now on very close monitoring and partial bedrest (was pulled from work a few days sooner than I had planned). Still hoping to get to 37 weeks but it is not a sure thing!! So in 2 or 3 weeks ready or not we will be delivering this little girl! Only positive thing is that at 32 weeks she was estimated to be just about 4 lbs so I am hoping that after 36 wks she will be close to 6 lbs and well enough developed to avoid the NICU. I am doing my best to stay off my feet and relax as much as possible but it has been hard as there is still so much to be done!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    em'smoms ~ yep, my BP's been good! It has stayed right around 120/60. Sometimes my diastolic creeps up a little, closer to 70, but no one has shown any concern at all. The abdominal pain is just intermittent; more like after I've eaten or when I'm laying a certain way - things just feel crowded. Or maybe I'm gassy ;) I do plan on listing all of my "complaints" tomorrow at my appointment so I can make sure nothing raises any red flags.

Sorry you are going through such a tough time! Make sure you relax as much as possible and take care of yourself. Sounds like she'll be here before you know it!
  • Options
    edited November -1

How did your test go?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So, all of you who have had babies prior to your current pregnancy - or those of you in the 35 week + range with this one:

When did you "drop" or have you "dropped" yet? Heather is carrying very high and our little girl LOVES being in her ribs. Heather is, of course, getting very uncomfortable with the pain in her ribs but her back is also killing her - which won't be helped when she drops. I told her she could drop at any time now ... or she may not until she goes into labor since it's her first baby.

Heather's mom keeps telling her she will drop 2 weeks before labor starts and I keep reminding her mom that all women are different! lol Heather's mom dropped 2 weeks to the day before labor with her first baby, 4 weeks to the day with her second and 6 weeks to the day when pregnant with Heather! Heather has a bald spot on the back of her head because she was sitting with her skull on her mom's hip bone for so long that it stunted the hair growth. It actually looks like a large scar - odd what happens with those little ones when they are inside.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I never felt Cruz drop, but he was sunny side up...this baby is transverse so she is nowhere near dropping. I can actually feel her hands tickling my ribs!

Oh and I read somewhere if you've had a baby before, sometimes babies don't drop until you're actually in labor, that it is first babies that tend to drop early.
  • Options
    loveandlifeNYCloveandlifeNYC Posts: 250
    edited November -1
    Hey all!!!

We are almost 29 weeks (tomorrow) and baby is measuring about a week bigger than that. Our due date is May 14th according to the ultrasound and I'm hoping to go around there so I can take my 6 weeks and go right into summer vacation versus having to go back to work for a few days or even a week.
    After my next ultrasound on Monday, I will start doing 2-week appointments which is exciting! :)

We are also working on our nursery!!!! I will hopefully be done with pics to share by the teens of March. I have become addicted to Etsy and got the cutest accessories that I can't wait to place in the room! Our furniture is being delivered/set up this Saturday and I simply cannot wait!!! Also, our shower is next Saturday- another thing to look forward to!!!

I figure that once my April break comes and I return to work on the 16th, I will be almost at the home stretch! Where did the time go??!!!

Can't wait to hear everyone's ongoing updates!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lauran wrote:
    Oh and I read somewhere if you've had a baby before, sometimes babies don't drop until you're actually in labor, that it is first babies that tend to drop early.

Oh really...???!! I thought it was the other way around .... I hope I am wrong!! I like what you read better! lol
  • Options
    edited November -1

How did your test go?

I won't know results until tomorrow or Monday. The drink they gave me wasn't bad until about halfway through, then it started getting a really bad after taste and I was feeling really full. It seems like it also gave me a headache. Or maybe that was b/c I was so hungry!

Blood pressure was still good today, and none of my problems I've been having seemed to concern anyone. Just normal pregnancy stuff. He even called my pregnancy "boring" - which is a good thing. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, here's a little update on us!! :D

TMI ALERT!!!!

Earlier today, Heather told me she is having more bowel movements than normal. Then she & I were texting tonight and she was telling me she wonders if she has hemorrhoids because it's very tender and there is a bit of blood on the tissue when she wipes. I told her maybe but that if she's not straining, she could just be irritated from wiping so much.

About 2 hours later, she calls me and clarifies!!!! She has a bit of blood on the tissue even when she does NOT have a bowel movement and she is losing mucus! :D

I am soooo okay with this. I know that, with first babies, this process takes a while. In the past week, she has had pain two different times that stopped her in her tracks ... I blew the first one off to round ligament pain with the way she described it to me. Tonight, she had it again at work. This is Heather - her first movements felt like a PHONE vibrating!!! lol She doesn't feel anything normally!! lol

I'm so excited for Wednesday! I don't think she will be dilated but I'm willing to bet she is starting to lose her mucus plug. Granted, that regenerates as needed but it's all progress! :) If she doesn't drop in the next week to 10 days, I'll be shocked!

When she got home tonight, she called me into the bathroom so I could see what she is seeing. Definitely a lot of mucus with a very slight pink tinge. :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think she has to be a little dilated (or at least effacing) to lose her plug.

Am I wrong?

Either way, very exciting!! Meanwhile, I got nothing going on here. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lauran wrote:
    I think she has to be a little dilated (or at least effacing) to lose her plug.

Am I wrong?

Either way, very exciting!! Meanwhile, I got nothing going on here. :)

She has to be thinning - not necessarily dilating.

She has some things going on today that tell me baby is starting to drop - though it's not a physically noticeable thing. She is able to breathe a bit better, having intermittent pressure and back pain here and there ...

I'm guessing nothing is happening for you, Lauran, because baby is transverse ... and that makes it difficult for your cervix to feel the pressure to prepare ... right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not sure she's transverse anymore...not feeling the pain on my right side that I was, and I'm feeling stronger movement again up by my ribs. I think there are two feet up there again. We'll see where she is Tuesday morning!

With Cruz, I never felt him drop, never lost my plug until contractions were 5 minutes apart and we were getting ready to leave for the hospital. I was only dilated to 1 when we got there. My babies just don't want to go about doing things the normal way!

I'm glad I'm having babies in the 21st century with all the medical interventions that some people hate so much--I'm afraid a hundred years ago, I would have been a statistic.
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    H&R wow exciting progress!!! Just as an aside, I have been have multiple BMs a day for like the past 2 weeks and they are actually really soft, sometimes loose. I also have heard of that happening pre-labor as well. Bet you are looking at a 37ish week delivery!!!!!

I continue on modified bedrest, amazed at how much I can sleep. I have been at the L&D triage twice this past week, in addition to seeing my OB weekly and getting Bio Physicals 1-2x a week, so it has been pretty insane here. So far looks like I am only slowly progressing, pre-eclampsia-wise which is really good news for holding out another 2 weeks! BP is erratic though so who knows! For now we are taking it day by day! Having another growth scan on Wed so looking forward to seeing how much baby girl is growing since this all started going down!
  • Options
    ChinaRiverChinaRiver Posts: 138
    edited November -1
    I haven't posted in a long time! I am due March 10th. This pregnancy has been much easier than I anticipated. I am 40 and pregnant with a baby girl. I do have gestational diabetes but I have controlled it well and do not take any meds. I have only gained 15 lbs. and never had any kind of nausea. I was in terrible pain a couple of weeks ago. I could hardly move due to the hormones that are released that relax your joints etc. for birth. My pelvis was out of alignment. I did massage, acupuncture and finally went to the chiropractor and he was able to fix it. All the pain it gone! I haven't had any contractions and as of last week nothing was happening that indicated birth was near. I do know she is head down and in position. There is a full moon on the 8th and I was born on a full moon. I hear that more babies are born during this time just as the moon affects the tide it does the same with amniotic fluid. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not. I wish everyone the best and hope everyone has a calm and easy delivery!
    Yangxmas09.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ChinaRiver ~ it is SOOOO good to hear from you again!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D I am glad all is going well and that pregnancy has, for the most part, been easy for you. Hopefully it will remain that way and you will have a safe and easy delivery - SOON!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful girl!!!

Is there any talk of induction if you get to a certain point? Or are you going to let everything happen naturally unless/until medically necessary?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    em'smoms wrote:
    H&R wow exciting progress!!! Just as an aside, I have been have multiple BMs a day for like the past 2 weeks and they are actually really soft, sometimes loose. I also have heard of that happening pre-labor as well. Bet you are looking at a 37ish week delivery!!!!

That would be AWESOME!! lol So far, I've had the gut feeling baby will be born the last week is March, which is week 39. So I guess we will see. Heather is feeling movement lower today and is breathing a bit easier so I believe baby girl is on her way to dropping.
    em'smoms wrote:
    I continue on modified bedrest, amazed at how much I can sleep. I have been at the L&D triage twice this past week, in addition to seeing my OB weekly and getting Bio Physicals 1-2x a week, so it has been pretty insane here. So far looks like I am only slowly progressing, pre-eclampsia-wise which is really good news for holding out another 2 weeks! BP is erratic though so who knows! For now we are taking it day by day! Having another growth scan on Wed so looking forward to seeing how much baby girl is growing since this all started going down!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the delivery of a beautiful and healthy baby girl! Pre-eclampsia can be pretty scary. Bedrest just plain sucks so kudos to you for sticking it out. I know it's what we have to do as mothers but it doesn't make it easier sometimes. :)

Is Emiliee getting excited? And your DP (sorry, I forgot her name .... :( )