Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

March, April & May babies - UPDATES ON BOTTOM :)

Comments

• Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    We had our 34 week appointment last week. Baby boy has finally decided to turn head-down. We got to see him for a quick second on the old school ultra sound machine the midwife pulled out to confirm his position.
    Chandra is having a lot of back pain, and I'm thinking of looking into an accupuncturist about treating it.
    Not a lot to report here. Luckily, things are pretty uneventful.
    Chandra had her last day of work, and the school term ends in a couple of weeks. She will now be a stay at home mommy. We're both pretty excited about this.
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
    edited November -1
    We had our 34 week appointment last week. Baby boy has finally decided to turn head-down. We got to see him for a quick second on the old school ultra sound machine the midwife pulled out to confirm his position.
    Chandra is having a lot of back pain, and I'm thinking of looking into an accupuncturist about treating it.
    Not a lot to report here. Luckily, things are pretty uneventful.
    Chandra had her last day of work, and the school term ends in a couple of weeks. She will now be a stay at home mommy. We're both pretty excited about this.

Great news about baby getting head down!!!!! :) That is always a relief!!!! :)

Keep us posted on your progress!
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    Yes Emilee is super excited and so is Jacque, although it has been a bit stressful lately!!! A lot going on in our life in addition to these pg complications! And of course we just get nervous about my health and how small the baby is going to be. Emilee talks to the baby all the time and has gotten really into her big sister books. She talks all the time about her baby sister and we have covered how she will come into the world and everything (that was FUN!)
    It is also funny b/c we are keeping the name a secret except from immediate family and today at the park a little girl asked her what her baby sister's name is going to be and I heard her say "I am not supposed to tell anyone until she comes out of mommy's tummy" Then later at home she says to me, "Mom, that girl at the park asked me the baby's name and I said I wasn't supposed to tell but she REALLY wanted to know so I told her, I am sorry" Poor thing!!

She also made me proud- the little girl asked about Emilee's daddy and Emilee says "I don't have a daddy, I have two moms" The other girl asked "why do you have two moms?" Emilee just answers matter of fact, "Cause that is just what I have." So confident and adorable!
  • Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    I passed! I passed!

Just got off the phone with my doctor's office, and my glucose test was in normal range, thank goodness!! :D

Hope everyone has a great week!
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I passed! I passed!

Just got off the phone with my doctor's office, and my glucose test was in normal range, thank goodness!! :D

Hope everyone has a great week!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I posted in a separate thread about what Heather has been feeling. She was having radiating back pain, both in her lower back and shooting up her back. Her resting pulse yesterday and today has been high, considering she is on her heart med. She has been losing quite a bit of mucus (pink and brown tinged) for a few days. Baby has dropped. And a few times, she had bright red blood on the tissue when wiping just from urinating.

All of these things added up concerned me a bit so we wanted to make sure all was okay. We finally got a hold of our doctor's nurse. We told her what was going on. She asked if we had taken Heather's blood pressure because the last time she was in at 34 weeks, it was just bordering on high. We took her blood pressure and it was slightly higher. So she talked to the doctor and called us right back saying they wanted us to come in. Our doctor was gone today so we saw his associate.

She did a quick u/s scan to check baby's growth (estimated at 6 lbs 2 oz now), check fluid level (looked great) and placenta (also looked great). She did a very quick check for dilation and said the cervix is closed. She ordered Heather onto bed rest until we see our regular doctor on Wednesday.

She is also having us do a 24 hour urine collection for protein analysis. Today, all labs they did were good.

She did have us go to the OB floor of the hospital and get hooked up for a non-stress test. Baby passed with flying colors. Heather's blood pressure remained high and she was actually having contractions every 8-10 minutes the entire time. She has continued to feel them through the night.

So, for now, bed rest. We see dr on Wednesday for our 36 week exam, strep-B test and further instructions.
  • Options
    LauranLauran Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Goodness, HeatherAndRae! Hope the urine tests come out okay...those are for preeclampsia, yes? Because of the blood pressure? Sorry she is in pain, but so glad the baby seems to be doing well. Keep us posted!

Had my 38 week check this morning. Baby is no longer transverse, she is head down just as she should be. I have had so few Braxton Hicks over the last couple weeks, the NP didn't even bother to check to see if I've dilated any. BP was good, 113/67, baby's heart rate was in the 150s...nothing else to report, except after going the whole pregnancy without gaining any weight, I've gained 3 lbs a week for the last two weeks!

BabyGirl doesn't seem to be interested in coming out any time soon. She will be served her eviction notice next Thursday, 10 AM. :) My last appointment and pre-op will be combined into one visit, next Tuesday. Getting close!
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    The 24 hour urine collection can be a bit of a drag! i have had to do it twice already and the second time protein was high enough to get thep re-ecclampsia diagnosis, Hopefully Heather will just have gestational hyper tension and no protein! Tell her to take advantage of the rest for now, I have been trying hard to just enjoy it as much as possible! Best of luck!!
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I'm getting so excited for all of you!!! Hang in there, almost at the finish line :)
  • Options
    ChinaRiverChinaRiver Posts: 138
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry Heather is going through so much! Praying that everything is OK. Hang in there everyone we are in the home stretch. At my appointment on Monday nothing was happening. The Dr. Had a very hard time reaching my cervix. He will let me go past my due date because he says inducing ups the chances of having a c-section. He did give me a growth ultrasound and she is an estimated 7 lbs 14 oz! My due date is Saturday. I hope she comes soon. Tomorrow is my last day of work until August.
    Yangxmas09.jpg
  • Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    Wow, China! I can't believe you're so close!
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    2momsfulloflove2momsfulloflove Posts: 396
    edited November -1
    No fun! Glad to hear everything is looking good with the baby though. Hope Heather is able to relax until she can see her regular doctor.

I posted in a separate thread about what Heather has been feeling. She was having radiating back pain, both in her lower back and shooting up her back. Her resting pulse yesterday and today has been high, considering she is on her heart med. She has been losing quite a bit of mucus (pink and brown tinged) for a few days. Baby has dropped. And a few times, she had bright red blood on the tissue when wiping just from urinating.

All of these things added up concerned me a bit so we wanted to make sure all was okay. We finally got a hold of our doctor's nurse. We told her what was going on. She asked if we had taken Heather's blood pressure because the last time she was in at 34 weeks, it was just bordering on high. We took her blood pressure and it was slightly higher. So she talked to the doctor and called us right back saying they wanted us to come in. Our doctor was gone today so we saw his associate.

She did a quick u/s scan to check baby's growth (estimated at 6 lbs 2 oz now), check fluid level (looked great) and placenta (also looked great). She did a very quick check for dilation and said the cervix is closed. She ordered Heather onto bed rest until we see our regular doctor on Wednesday.

She is also having us do a 24 hour urine collection for protein analysis. Today, all labs they did were good.

She did have us go to the OB floor of the hospital and get hooked up for a non-stress test. Baby passed with flying colors. Heather's blood pressure remained high and she was actually having contractions every 8-10 minutes the entire time. She has continued to feel them through the night.

So, for now, bed rest. We see dr on Wednesday for our 36 week exam, strep-B test and further instructions.
    Mommy to two amazing kiddos thanks to NW
    10/11 - BFN, 11/11 - BFP (early miscarriage), 12/11 - BFN, 1/12 - BFN, 2/12 - BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UPDATE ON US: First, if you are friends with me on FB, please do not comment on any of this on our walls. Heather does not want/need her co-workers knowing about this - if you knew the environment she worked in (high school bullsh*t, drama, back-stabbing people, etc) you would understand.

The doctor pulled her out of work now until she is done with her maternity leave. I am SOOO happy about that!!! He said she is on house arrest but because she is considered as having "mild gestational hypertension", it does not need to be strict house arrest. He told her that for every hour she is up, she needs to spend an hour laying down, feet equal to or above heart level. She gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks and that concerned him because it's all fluid. He said that's not a good sign, along with her blood pressure being higher than normal. All of her lab work came back good but he made it clear that can all change very quickly.

He checked her cervix. It is still posterior but very soft. Because it was posterior, he could not check for dilation. He said she could even be at a 1 but due to the position, he can't tell. I told him she's been getting rid of a lot of tinged mucus, he said that was a good thing.

I think the most prominent thing he said though is that many pregnancies with this "complication" going on are induced early. He said he wants to buy the baby another week for sure. He said that if things change though, he will get her delivered. He even said that if he were to check her next week and she'd be at a 3, he'd get her going. So it really is any time now. It may be next week. It may be 2 weeks but it most likely will not go to 3-4 weeks.

And, due to all of this, I have gone to part-time at work so that I am home with her as much as possible! I want to be here if/when anything goes on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, you two are going to have quite the story to tell your little one!

Maybe your baby and mine will share a birthday. :)
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lauran wrote:
    Wow, you two are going to have quite the story to tell your little one!

Maybe your baby and mine will share a birthday. :)

Who knows ... :)

When is your c-section again? 3/10?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    3-15. A week from tomorrow!! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Lauran wrote:
    3-15. A week from tomorrow!! :)

LOL!!! Yes, we could have little girls sharing a birthday!

Wow ... that must be an amazing feeling - knowing that in 8 days time, you will have your little girl in your arms! I've never had that (a scheduled birth). I wish I knew when ours would arrive .... but then again, as long as I DON'T know, I can hope that "today" is the day .... lol :lol:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is nice to know I won't have to be pregnant for much longer. I have a countdown--only 7 more full days that I have to be pregnant, today doesn't count, and the day of the c-section doesn't count. :)

I have to admit though, I have a little feeling of dread as far as the surgery itself, and knowing exactly when it's going to happen doesn't help, LOL. And I was told if there is any sign of imminent labor, I'm supposed to go directly to the hospital and they will do the c-section...so I can't fully enjoy those "what if this is it" moments whenever I get a particularly strong Braxton Hicks contraction.

Last night I was having really light contractions/cramps that were coming regularly--at first every 20 minutes, then 18, then down to 15...it went on for about 5-6 hours. I was panicking a little, running around the house like a crazy woman finishing up laundry, unloading the dishwasher etc., thinking about who I would call and where Cruz would go if they started getting stronger.

I have a feeling the next week is going to draaaaag by! :)
  • Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    Hey all...haven't been on in awhile but been thinking about all the babies that are coming up!!!! I am 35 weeks and having horrid back pain...but I guess that's normal, so I just keep on goin' along. I go in MOnday for the strep test...not looking forward to that, I don't know how I
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is everyone doing? Lauran - you holding up ok?? You're gonna have your beautiful girl in your arms in just a few days!!! :D

Yesterday (Thurs) was a pretty non-eventful day. Today things started up again ... baby has dropped even further. Heather could feel her immediately behind her pubic bone. It started off being an intermittent feeling and by the end of the night, has become a "more often than not" feeling. So that is good - need pressure on the cervix to bring it forward and cause dilation. She had a period of an hour and a half or so of very close contractions but not strong and regular (every 3-5 min). Then they stopped. It's all good though because it's all progress. :)

We see doctor on Tuesday so we'll see what happens between now and then.
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DP's next appointment is on Monday. L can't decide if she wants to be transverse or head down. She moves all over the place which is very painful for DP. DP thinks baby L feels bigger than C so it's more painful when she moves. Once C was head down he never moved though so she wasn't prepared for it! She's been having contractions through out the day but nothing regular. I'm hoping DP doesn't go in to labor before our induction date since my time off isn't flexible! For those of you with other kids who's watching them while your in labor and at the hospital? None of our family is really stepping up to watch C while DP is in labor. We're going to ask a friend to watch him but our family wants to be at the hospital when L is born. DP's dad will take care of him after the delivery and stay with him at our house so I can stay at the hospital with DP.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    HeatherAndRae wrote:
    How is everyone doing? Lauran - you holding up ok?? You're gonna have your beautiful girl in your arms in just a few days!!!

Yesterday (Thurs) was a pretty non-eventful day. Today things started up again ... baby has dropped even further. Heather could feel her immediately behind her pubic bone. It started off being an intermittent feeling and by the end of the night, has become a "more often than not" feeling. So that is good - need pressure on the cervix to bring it forward and cause dilation. She had a period of an hour and a half or so of very close contractions but not strong and regular (every 3-5 min). Then they stopped. It's all good though because it's all progress.

We see doctor on Tuesday so we'll see what happens between now and then.

Sounds like things are moving right along, a little at a time! Keep us updated, can't wait to see what the doctor says Tuesday! As for me, I woke up this morning feeling crampy...I'm either having some minor contractions, or I'm about to make a very big poop. Don't know which yet. :) I also have a doctor appointment on Tuesday--my last, woo hoo!

2moms wrote:
    For those of you with other kids who's watching them while your in labor and at the hospital? None of our family is really stepping up to watch C while DP is in labor. We're going to ask a friend to watch him but our family wants to be at the hospital when L is born. DP's dad will take care of him after the delivery and stay with him at our house so I can stay at the hospital with DP.

The lady (B) who kept Cruz when I was working volunteered to keep him overnight the night before the c-section, and throughout the next day. Then my mom is going to pick him up from her that evening and keep him until the day after I get out of the hospital. I was really lucky--B volunteered to keep him, she misses "her baby" since I haven't been working--and my mom just assumed she'd be keeping him while I'm in the hospital, and told me so. I didn't have to ask anyone.
  • Options
    njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited November -1
    Hope everyone is doing well in our third trimester.
    I am still feeling uncomfortable, my baby didn't drop yet, but I think its still too early for that. I still feel like I can't fit any food in my stomach and at times it is hard to breath, because the baby is still way up and pressing on my lungs and stomach. Other than that, everything is ok.
    HeatherandRae, good luck on your appointment on Tuesday. Sounds like things are moving along.
    Lauran, you are so close to meeting your precious girl and you will be holding her in your arms very soon, that's so exciting.
    Good luck to everyone in third trimester :)
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dealing with the end of this pregnancy is unlike the others I have dealt with.

With my twins, I was in preterm labor from 29 weeks on and on bed-rest from 34 weeks on. So that was not a situation I could even try to go into labor. We were buying time for their lungs to develop.

With my second (my daughter), I was doing what I could from 37 weeks on to get labor starting but nothing would happen because she was not ready. 39 weeks I finally started contracting, drank castor oil and had my membranes stripped. Out she came.

Nicholas - my third/last - was so big I was in labor for over a week and kept getting sent home, contracting but not regular enough. I rearranged the entire house and still ended up with doctor having to break my water to get me going.

With my ex, she was having contractions for several hours a day in her 38th week but they would go away. She got herself very active and we did accupressure and out he came.

Then there's Heather. We are not trying to put her into labor but we are trying to allow "progression" of baby's decent into the birth canal and possible dilation. HOWEVER, we have to watch her blood pressure.... so we can't promote activity - which is frustrating! We had to do some errands today and the more we were up, the more she was feeling pressure. We went to WalMart. More contractions. We went to the mall just to walk while my ring got cleaned. More contractions. Her body is so ready, which means baby is most likely ready since it's the baby that releases the hormones causing contractions. We could probably - easily - get labor going by just walking, but we have to come home and rest so her blood pressure doesn't go up (which I would never want to fool with - highy dangerous!!!).

The good news is: we've been home and resting for over 30 minutes and she's still having contractions. I guess we will see tomorrow if there has been progress or not.....

In the meantime .... drinking raspberry tea and eating pineapple. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How strong are the contractions? Walking does it for me too, and they'll last for awhile even after I stop. Even standing up from a sitting position at this point will cause a contraction. Mine aren't terribly strong though. I doubt I'll even have the NP look at my cervix tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lauran wrote:
    How strong are the contractions? Walking does it for me too, and they'll last for awhile even after I stop. Even standing up from a sitting position at this point will cause a contraction. Mine aren't terribly strong though. I doubt I'll even have the NP look at my cervix tomorrow.

Most are not very strong - she occasionally has one that lasts a good minute and feels quite strong. Most just feel like a lot of pressure. We've been timing them since about 6. Since coming home from walking around 7:55, they've slowed down but still staying frequent -just irregular now.

Are you still nervous, Lauran? Or just excited now???
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had a very uneventful OB appointment today. Everything is right on track. L's heartbeat was 140 again. She's moving all over the place still. Sometimes she will be head down and others she will be transverse. We go back again in 2 weeks and then weekly after that. We've been so busy lately that everything is sneaking up on us. I ordered the breast pump today so we should have that early next week. Her room is 90% done but it needs to be organized. We need to start a bag and get the car seat base in the call but all of that has to wait because C turns 2 this week so we've been doing party stuff since last week.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Are you still nervous, Lauran? Or just excited now???

Well...yes. :) I'm nervous about 3 things--1)Not eating after midnight before the surgery. Really don't want to barf in the car on my way to the hospital. 2)Being awake for the surgery because of the botched epidural/spinal last time. 3)Taking care of both Cruz and the new baby once I get home. I know my baby boy is going to want me to pick him up, play with him outside, and do other things I just won't be able to do!

But of course I'm excited too! I can't wait to see what color hair she has, how much she weighs, if she looks like Cruz (who looks like me), or if she looks like her donor sib, or somewhere in between...less than 48 hours from now I'll know all of that! Yikes!

Everything looked good at my appointment this morning. I lost half a pound this week, BP is still good (118/70something), baby's heartrate was perfect...she has moved again and is somewhere between head down and transverse, kinda diagonal across my belly--good thing I'm not waiting to go into labor, I think it would be a couple weeks yet!

How did y'all's appointment go???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lauran wrote:
    I'm nervous about 3 things--1)Not eating after midnight before the surgery. Really don't want to barf in the car on my way to the hospital. 2)Being awake for the surgery because of the botched epidural/spinal last time. 3)Taking care of both Cruz and the new baby once I get home. I know my baby boy is going to want me to pick him up, play with him outside, and do other things I just won't be able to do!

That is completely understandable!! I think you will amaze yourself, though, with how quickly and how well you will adapt. :)
    Lauran wrote:
    But of course I'm excited too! I can't wait to see what color hair she has, how much she weighs, if she looks like Cruz (who looks like me), or if she looks like her donor sib, or somewhere in between...less than 48 hours from now I'll know all of that! Yikes!

I'm jealous of that part!!!! I wish we had some sort of deadline of knowing, for sure, when it will be done.
    Lauran wrote:
    How did y'all's appointment go???

Wellll .... HERE'S OUR UPDATE FOR TODAY: *drum roll please*

Nothing. Notta! Nuttin!! :(

Ok - slight exaggeration .... but pretty much nothing. Cervix still soft. Still no dilation. It did move from posterior to mid-way range. That's it. After all the contractions and pressure and everything, that's all. :/ Plus he said baby's head is still really high .... grr ....

We did tell him that baby has not been as active the past day or so. He had us go in for an NST today and we will now have one every Friday and Tuesday. The NST today was fine - no issues. Next one is Friday morning.

So we wait. No idea how to drop baby in order to put pressure on the cervix to dilate without taking herbal things that cause contractions - and we won't do that because it can raise blood pressure and that's not an option.

I do so well at handling everyone else's pregnancies ... but I hate handling the end of my own!!!!!!!!!! I do not deal well with feeling helpless, I hate to worry and I'm just not okay right now. Heather is, though, and baby is - those 2 are all that matters really. They both need to be okay. And they are.
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So we wait. No idea how to drop baby in order to put pressure on the cervix to dilate without taking herbal things that cause contractions - and we won't do that because it can raise blood pressure and that's not an option.

Foley bulb!