Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• jenmarjenmar Posts: 71
    edited April 2009
    Hi, my name is Jennifer. I have been visiting for a few months but this is my first post. I live in Washington state and work as an RN in a critical care unit. I am 33 and my husband is 40 and has two sons from a previous marriage. He had a vasectomy 13 years ago, and after looking into reversal we have decided to go the AI route with DS and are using an RE. I had my first IUI 12 days ago, no meds. Glad I found this place, it has been a great source of information for a newbie to the TTC world!
  • AliciaweAliciawe Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, my name is Alicia. I am 36 and my husband has a vasectomy from many years ago, so we simply decided not to mess with all that and go straight to a donor. We thought about adoption but it is just so danged complicated, invasive and expensive that if this works out this will be much better for us.

I guess I waited so long because I simply wasn't ready before. And now for some reason it's like a light bulb went on in my head and voila, I'm there. Anyway, excited to be here and so glad to see everyone is so supportive! :cool:
  • mama2bemama2be Posts: 61
    edited November -1
    My name is Jamie 30 and my dp is Kristina 28. May 9th will be our first attempt with at home AI. Since we live in the midwest people tend to be pretty closed minded and I am so glad I found NW! I will be the bio mom first and the swimmers will be here on May 6th! Good luck to all ttc!
  • DReamerGrlDReamerGrl Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Laura, I am 32 and married to my husband Derek for 14yrs. We have two children together, Kaity is 14 and Alex is going to be 13. I got pregnant on my prom night and my wedding night -- lol!! Its been a long 14yrs but my hubby and I...well, we beat the odds of a teenage marriage and pregnancy. It was a rough road but soooo worth it!! We now are well respected members of our community in NE Ohio. My husband is a fire chief and an operations mgr of an ambulance company and I was an auditor but now a stay at home mom, due to the illness our daughter has. We have wanted a large family for years and my husband cant have any more due to a vasectomy (right after the birth of our son). We are also going thru foster classes as well as hoping to have one more pregnancy.
    I am so glad to have found this forum!!! Everyone here is so nice and all the advice from someone who has been where you are going is just priceless.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!
    Baby Dust Wishes Sent to Everyone!!!

**Laura**
    m_463f7c2e2320faed16a34dd33927c299.jpg
  • 2mommies2mommies Posts: 52
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone my name is Shariah! I am so excited to start this journey of TTC. I think I wake up every morning with nothing else but this simple concept on my mind. I have a beautiful and loving partner (Krystle) who is an amazing and supportive girlfriend. This is our first time TTC with no known fertility issues and no children from any previous relationships. I am 23 and Krystle is 24. We want nothing more than to be loving mommies to children. I just signed up with NW cryobank and I look foward to sharing my experience with everyone. I will begin my first at home insemination in april or may. I can't wait!!!
  • lunchbox_12lunchbox_12 Posts: 29
    edited April 2009
    Hello everyone my name is Jerusha I'm 33 and married to David 40. I have a 9yr daughter from my X-Husband. David can't have any children of his own due to a sugery he had when he was 6 or 7. So here we are TTC:D our hopes are high and so are our fears. I haven't been preggers in about10yrs. YIKES, Any advice you would like to give would be more than welcome. We sent in our papers overnight at on monday and would like to start trying ASAP.
    My Ovulation Chart
    bsm_pleasesendbaby.giflosses-getandstaypregnant.gif
    bsm_prayingforababy.gif
    6/28/09=BFP=Ectopic Pregnancy 7/09/09
    1/7/2011 found Endo
  • crimsondawncrimsondawn Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi, I wanted to introduce myself now that we have some plans to proceed with TTC. I am Nicole and my partner is Margaret (DP). We have been together 6 years and plan to be married on May 14th in Provincetown, Massachusetts.

Our story is long, but basically I had plans to TTC using fresh donor sperm with a friend of mine before DP and I became a couple. About year into our relationship, I did try to get pregnant for 3 months with the known donor, but did not succeed. DP had big reservations about the known donor and wanted to wait until we decided to do this as a couple. The other significant thing to know is that I was significantly overweight at the time of trying to conceive. I have since lost almost 70 pounds and have had the LapBand procedure in October 08.

We hope to try to conceive in June after our wedding provided I am ovulating in May. I have been taking BCP to prevent migraines and treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). I first was on Yaz, went off for 1 month, went a bit crazy, and then switched to the mini pill for about 4 months. This will be my second cycle off the mini pill. We will be using the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Best,
    Nicole (and Margaret)
    July 09- HSG shows 1 tube blocked
    Feb 10- 2nd opinion, both tubes block due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
    April 10-Cycle 3 day labs come back normal
    New Plan is Micro IVF with Dr. Sher in Las Vegas
  • IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Bri and I am 34 years old and I plan on being a single mother by choice. I have always wanted to be a mom and I still havent found that person to share being a parent with so I am choosing to do it on my own before any more years go by and I miss out on the chance of having a child.
    I am onto my second month at trying and hopefully this will be the one!
  • mommysquaredmommysquared Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all!

I am Caryn, and my partner of 10 years is Brianna, and we're both 28 and living in florida. We have been planning this whole TTC thing for years, but were expecting to have a friend help doing a whole "known donor" situation. We actually asked him years ago, but were waiting till our lives were more stable. Summer of '08 it looked like things were finally going to start actively progressing but we started experiencing some "weirdness" with our friend. [Lack of communication, not hearing from him for weeks, him not sending things when he said he would, disappearing right when i was ovulating even though we'd given him notice, stuff like that.] Ultimately, between june and december, we only were able to get him along with the program for 2 cycles, though because we were using those overnight sperm shippers and one time there was a shipping mixup, only one cycle actually resulted in any inseminations, and that didn't result in a BFP. After all that time of not understanding what was going on with him, since he constantly reassured us and still seemed very excited to help, we finally "broke up" with him around the first of the year because we couldn't deal with it anymore.

So, here we are now. We've taken the time since then to look through all the banks, weight our options, and right now we're waiting to hear back on our registration with NW. [Unfortunately, since we planned for years to use a known donor who didn't want any money, we hadn't put aside the amounts needed for a bank. NW is our only chance to get things started sooner, rather than later. Cause really, after all of this, i feel like waiting another year or so might make me insane. Or, really, MORE insane.]

Otherwise, i've been tracking my cycles for over a year using the BBT method, the last 6 months i've been using opk's and the last 3 i've been using the CBEFM. I've been taking vitex for a while, which has made my cycles more predictable, and i'm drinking the fertility and pregnancy tea from maia midwifery. We also both plan to carry at least one pregnancy, but i get to go first since bri has issues with her period/fertility thanks to PCOS.

I usually just stalk communities like this, but since we hope to get started in the next few cycles i figured it was a good time to start actively participating in one.

Best wishes to all of you!
    -c.
    ttc.png
  • InaraInara Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Hi. I'm Inara. My DP is Anna. We've been together 8 years. I've always wanted to be a mother, it's the only thing I've really wanted in life. Anna is the same. We were going to go with a known donor but he backed out when we told him he couldn't be called "daddy". So we found this bank and I liked the no doctor thing. I don't thank it's fair that a doctor gets to decide if I'll be a good mom.

I've been tracking my cycles for a long time, about 4 years and I've been on prenatal vitamins for that long too.

We are a little young(24). But the age when most girls in our families start having kids is 16 so I feel like a old hag when I see our sisters. My little brother had a baby 2 years ago when he & the mom were 15. Gotta love the south.

I'm going to have the first baby and she might have the second. She wants to see how I deal with it first;).
    I really want the kids close in age, within 3 years of each other. I want 4 and she wants 2. I thank we're going with 2 but that's fine. as long as their healthy I would be happy with one.

Good Luck to everyone!
  • mammaoramammaora Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    hi
    i'm mammaora, from NY. Have been TTC for 18 months and am rather discouraged. Doctor says all is fine, aside my age (I'm over 40)... so, i am not sure how long I will keep trying, but am very grateful to all the posters since I have found comfort and great advices on the forum! to all: baby dust, and bless!
  • breezzeebreezzee Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! This group seems very supportive, have been looking on quite a few different boards and this one by far has the greatest people and set up. I'm 33 and my partner is 42. We just registered with NW and plan on AI the end of next week. My partner will be the one ttc. I have 2 sons 17 and 14 and had a hysterectomy 4 yrs ago. She has never been pregnant but has one adoptive son that is 23.
  • hope4babyhope4baby Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I'm so thankful to have found this board. You all are so supportive and such a wealth of great information. This is the first time I've ever TTC. My husband and I can't conceive naturally because he had a vasectomy in the past. Now we are at a point in our lives where we very much want to start a family. I am 25 years old and a full-time graduate student pursuing my Ph.D. I've been tracking my cycles and using OPKs since February 2009 and our plan is to do our first IUI in July/August. That is, if we can figure out my ovulation timing :) I look forward to getting to know you all better in the months to come.
  • kelsbabekelsbabe Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    This is actually a re-introduction. I was here up until about a year ago. My name is Ellen and I am 41 and ttc my first. I will be a smbc, though when I first came here I had a partner of 7 years. We have seperated but remain good friends and I have decided that not having her isn't a reason not to be a mommy

I have had 7 unsuccessful IUI's and 1 miscarriage (possibly a 2nd that was very early on)

I am now ready to try again. Good to see some old faces still around.

Cory and Amanda - loved seeing the pic of Lexi, I remember when she was born (and her ruby slippers at christmas!) and she has grown so much and is so beautiful! congrats on little sis!
  • edited November -1
    Greetings!
    We are Jess and Heather. Our first order is scheduled to arrive on June 26!!! I'm (jess) 25 and I will be the one carrying. This will be my first try and hopefully my first pregnancy. Heather is older than 25 ;). She created her son (and my sidekick) about 6 years ago with a known donor who was her husband, at the time. - Insert Drama Here - ANYWAY, We've been together for almost 4 years and got married last November. She kept trying to convince me that we only needed the one child that we have. I have been strategically placing other people's babies in her proximity for the last 12 months in order to manipulate, I mean show her the truth of the matter, and finally, a 4-month-old-6-pounder with brown eyes did the trick. She developed a baby fever, so I developed a budget.
    I must confess, I'm feeling a bit of competitive pressure, as Heather's baby is adorable. I must focus all of MY adorability into this egg. Otherwise, she will get to carry the next one :P We are super excited!!! Is it the 26th yet???
    ttc.png

IMG_24701-1.jpgjessdanheather-1.jpg
  • ao6376ao6376 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi I am Krystal (25), happily engaged to a wonderful man Tim (47) and live in Michigan.

Our story began in 2005 that was when we meet and have tried for a baby since 2005 or so. We tried having a child for all these years and nothing happened. We never thought anything of it other than it would happen when the time was right. I was very wrong. . They told me I was fine and everything looked good with me and then it was his turn and they said he had a great sperm count, and would n father my children.So my question was why havent we? This was very devastating for both him and me, and we did not understand why this was happening to us. Heck I think we still dont understand. The doctor was very cruel and broke my heart. Anyway after several months of talking to him, and looking online for a way to get a baby. I found NW, and it changed my life. I talked to him and he finally agreed to try this way. I know it is hard for him to go through this, but he knows how badly I want a baby. We decided to try for the first time this month or next. I want a baby so bad and so does he.If everything was good with both of us why are we still trying without luck:( Im new to this forum and am looking for help on how this work.Please help ..Thanks ,Krystal &Tim
  • nicandblairnicandblair Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hello, this is Blair of nicandblair.

I haven't posted anything recently, but I have been keeping up with all your stories. We've been together nearly 6 years, are in our early 20's, going to school and planning our family. We live south of Dallas. We started out wanting to use NW, but chose to use a known donor. The universe dealt us some hard blows at the beginning of this year, and after sitting it out for a while, we have decided to go ahead and TTC. I was charting, but we've decided to wing it and take a laid back approach. Leaving it to fate, if you will.

In the meantime, we have a house full of furbabies and all our friends' kids to spoil.

Good Luck and Baby Dust!
    Love, Blair
  • bluebellbluebell Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    I have meant to put an intro in this thread for some time now, so no time like the present right?

My path actually started when I was 20 and had recently ended an engagement; I decided at that time I would begin to look into having a child when I turned 28 no matter if there was a man in the picture or not. As time passed, I first looked at international adoption. I spent a couple years researching and planning for that. The more I looked into it, the more I realized it wasn't the right option for me. It was hard for me to let go of that dream, but a friend suggested I consider AI and that began this journey.

A couple years ago I found NW and began chatting on the old forum. I've learned so much from all the ladies here, and will be forever grateful to them for sharing their experiences. I've learned so much about my body and cycle; more than I ever did from nursing school! I've felt ready to try for months now, but life has had other plans.

My first hold up was a pesky complex ovarian cyst, that thankfully resolved on its own. Now I'm working on recovering from back surgery. I'm dealing with some complications from that, but things appear to be moving in the right direction finally. I had hoped to do my first insem late summer 09, but now I'm not sure if that will work out. So my focus is on allowing my body to heal so it can be the best baby oven (and then mommy) it can be when the time is right. :D
    AmyMarie
  • akmomsakmoms Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Hello,

We are Wendy (38) and Stephanie (34). We have been in love forever and a couple for 16.5 years. We live in the beautiful state of Alaska (please forgive Sarah Palin, she knows not what she does!) with our 2 year old son Jacob who was conceived via IUI at home on the 4th try. He grew in Wendy's belly. We are currently in the TWW (Stephanie) with the same donor 1st try.

This forum provides so much love and support, it is absolutely wonderful! Good luck to everyone.
  • KninnuKninnu Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello All
    My name is Jennifer. My husband and are planning to start trying with a donor next May. I was wanting to try home insemination. I am wondering from those who have done this, can you do it yourself or do you need help? is there anything yu think i should know or think about? 4 years ago we tried four times in the docs office. I found it to be more stressfull then anything. When that didn't work we tried to adpot and had a 2 day old baby boy placed with us for three months then the county decided to place him with another family. My husband and i were so hurt that we stopped trying anything so we could heal. Also any information your willing to share would be great. thank you
  • babaganeeshbabaganeesh Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    officially introducing myself.

i am a smbc, doing my first ever insem while on vacation! because i guess making this as complicated as possible was the goal. :)

i'm excited, anxious, and absolutely mystified. add me to the ranks. baby dust for all.
  • usca123usca123 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi,
    I'm usca. I'm single, 36 years old. I've always wanted to have kids, maybe 4 or more. Unfortunately, my ex-boyfried does not want any kids, and eventually we broke up. Since then, I remain single. Now I'm thinking, why not doing something instead of merely sitting here doing nothing... That's the reason I join this forum, try to find some information about how to get pregnant through a sperm bank.
  • KelliKelli Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, I am Kelli from Kansas. My husband and I haven't been married but for 3 months, but have been together for 3 years. We both are ready to start our family but he can't produce sperm enough to pg me. We have thought long and hard about trying with donor sperm and we have decided to give it a try! I am a Real Estate Agent and Photographer and he is a draftsman. He already has one girl that is 14, and she is ready to be a big sister! We also have a siamese blue cat that isn't so ready to be a big brother, lol. I am excited to get into these forums and start meeting people and reading about other people's stories.

Good luck to everyone TTC!
  • ali27ali27 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hey ladies, I am alicia... I have been on this board since late 04. My old username for some of the longtime users was Alifred. My previous partner and I seperated nearly two years ago, that of which we were ttc together, quite honestly ttc had alot to do with our seperation. We tried AI multiple times with frozen adn known donor sperm all of which ended in failed attemps. I had an HCG 2 years ago, which both tubes were blocked. We tried the month after HCG, never received postive test, AF was late by almost two weeks and I am very scheduled person. Once AF started experienced heavy clotting was checked by OB but they did not see anything unusual, I did not have another cycle for over two months. At that time we quit TTC and seperated... I do have a 6 1/2 year old beautiful son that was conceived via known donor insemination(success on first try)... He is amazing and is truly my reason for living. I do have a new partner we have been together for almost two years... We are looking to ttc some time in the future, she as well has an 8 year old daughter that I love to death. We are looking to TTC in a couple of years or so.. I really want to enjoy the kids we have now. I do however yearn daily for another little miracle. Just as soon as I think I am content with not having anymore, I read a fantastic story on here, that makes me just want to try one more time. We live in louisiana, cant say I hate it hear like most people... I actually do love where I live, even though the heat and humidity is awful I love our culture. So for now, I am still a lurker checking up on old buddies from time to time....Hopefully I will be back in the game of being a nuerotic TWW'er and POAS aholic!!!!!! Good luck to everyone:):)
  • Hope2bpgHope2bpg Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello All,

I turned 40 in February and I'm hoping that I didn't wait too long. I live in Utah in the Salt Lake City area and am single. I started looking into this about 10 years ago, but I just wasn't ready at that time. I had some foolish notion that maybe I could still meet someone and do this the "right" way :rolleyes:. I have 4 brothers and sisters who all have kids and several years ago my very religious mom starting telling me, "You know, you don't have to be married to have kids." :lol: I may be single, but I'm most definitely not alone.

I just want to say that the women on this board are the best. I've learned so much since I started lurking here months ago. I feel I can count on you all for advice and encouragement as we all go through this exciting process.

I wish everyone the best of luck!
  • edited November -1
    Hello to All,

I am 29 {almost 30 in August} hope we didn't wait to long. DH 38 had a sperm count done about a year ago and our drs said there was no hope of concieving on our own. So we decided to try AI, i just ordered my first time today and am feeling positive about getting the ball rolling.

Good luck to all TTC!!
  • 2phillymoms2phillymoms Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 2009
    Hello everyone,
    I am Tamarra and my partner of 4 years is Renee. I have always wanted to be a mother. My partner has been a little more reluctant, but we are finally both on the same page. We are just beginning our journey this month. I have monitored my ovulation using CMEFM for the past two months, which showed ovulation on the 12 day. I ordered the sperm this month, but did not ovlate and today is day 15. I am hoping for a late o tomorrow, otherwise I will have to ship it back and try again next cycle.

Good luck to everyone
  • futuremomsfuturemoms Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello! We are "futuremoms" from WA. I have posted a quick call to all experts under the heading "NEWBIES". We are trying to have our first child. We are nervous and excited, anxious and elated. We are ready for this new chapter. We are SO glad for this forum!
    Good luck everyone!
  • TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    I have introduced myself before, but I've been meaning to respond to this thread for some time. I am generally a lurker, but I've been known to post every once in a while.

My name is Heather, but most refer to me as Hev, and my partner Amz and I have been together for a little over 6 years. We had intended to start TTC with NW this past June, but decided to give ourselves some more time to enjoy our independence, travel, and pay off student loans. Amz graduated from college last December and is now working for Child Protective Services. I just finished my second bachelor's degree in nursing and passed my state boards last June, and am now working in Perioperative Services at a small surgical hospital. Now that we're grown ups, we're back in the game...or back planning the game...lol. We're shooting for December/January for our first insem. We both have baby fever and are ready to be mommies!

We are hope to have 2 children via insemination, with possibly both of us carrying. In addition, we are also considering adopting a sibling group through the department of family and protective services. We plan to breastfeed, cloth diaper, co-sleep, prepare our own organic baby foods, and just be all around natural mommies.

It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to sharing our future baby stories!
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    HI!! We are Drake (28) and Kasey DP (22). We currently live in Wisconsin however go back and forth to Florida on a very regular basis, eventually will be permanent in Florida. We are currently using a known donor, and have TTC 3 times to date and are on our first TWW with current donor. We have two dogs Camden (4) and Lucy (10 mo), both miniature pinschers. I am not new to TTC, Kasey is. I love football and golf and Kasey's thing is shopping without a doubt! We are looking forward to meeting some great people and learning some new things.