Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

yfnryfnr Posts: 418
edited September 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Here is the official introduce yourself thread :)

Share your story...as much or as little of it...so that others know your journey and what brought you here :)
Jamie
Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg

Comments

• quadmomquadmom Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Hi..I'm Patti from Scottsdale AZ. I am mostly a lurker now but have been around for a few years. I have a set of twins(different bank), quads(used NW) and a singleton(hubbys). Hubby has very low sperm count so we had to use donor sperm, our last baby was a surprise and hubby was able to produce enough sperm to impregnate me! Our quads are by NW donor #3375
  • GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Hi!
    I'm Raynae' and I am 38. My partner Holly and I have been together going on 6 yrs. We had our committment ceremony in Las Vegas with Elivis!!
    I have 2 adopted daughters (ages 20 and 18). As far as I know I do not have any known infertility issues. Will get all my bloodwork back this Thursday.
    I have never tried to get pregnant before.
    I plan to order my swimmers in April and try at home AI this time in April.
    We are beekeepers and I make 100% beeswax candles, lip balm and salves and sell them at festivals.
    I will be at Atlanta Pride Oct 30-Nov 1 and am busy making a whole lot of candles!! :)
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • twomomstwomoms Posts: 164 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Wow, this really needed updating! lol I'm Milena (31), partnered with Amy (32) for nearly 7 wonderful years. We have one daughter together via NW donor 554, Maren (7 months as of this update, lol), and 3 boys (ages almost 14, 9, and 7 1/2) from amy's previous marriage. They are all very much OUR kids, and we have a good relationship with her ex-husband and his wife. We live in the greater Cincinnati area, and travel frequently to southern Indiana/western Kentucky. We both practice Earth-based religions, she is Pagan, and my religious path is that of Native American beliefs. We live our lives in a way that honors Mother Earth, and we teach our children to tread lightly on Her.

Our plan from the beginning was that we'd have two more children together- she'd have one first since she is older, then I'd have one. The Universe changed our plans in early 2008 when I was diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma and had to have a complete hysterectomy. It has been very hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to experience having a baby myself, but I am so very lucky that I have love, support, and trust with a partner as amazing as Amy. I am humbled and so grateful that she is willing to give me the one thing I have always wanted more than anything, but can't have myself- more children.

We had been TTC off and on for 3 years using 3 known donors. There were issues with the donors not being available when we needed them quite often. We found out as time went on that one was completely infertile, one had a very low sperm count, and one was not forthcoming regarding his "recreational habits" and caffeine intake, which had a very negative impact on his sperm apparently. We got our BFP on the first try with frozen sperm from NW! I just had a feeling all along that if we had GOOD sperm that was there when we NEEDED it, it would happen for us. And it did!

We are planning to start TTC our last baby (*sniffle*) in January 2010.
  • halfgigglehalfgiggle Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    I'm Jess(27), and my partner is Susan(34). We have been together for almost 8 years now. She has 4 kids, whose ages are 17, 16, 13, and 9. Susan is a registered nurse and I am a bookkeeper. I hate my job and plan to attend school once I am pregnant. I have an associates degree in police science, but I'm thinking of going to school for nursing. I have always wanted to have kids but didn't know how I could ever push any out. I still don't know how I am going to push any babies out but I have an awesome partner and a cool midwife so I'm sure that I will make it. A year ago we decided that I would try to conceive using frozen donor sperm. Unfortunately, it hasn't been as easy as we thought that it would be. I have been taking clomid for the last few cycles, and plan to move on to something stronger in the near future. Good luck to everyone.
    DYsMm4.png
  • michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    I am 32 (real close to 33) years old, single and starting to realize if I want kids they might just have to come before Mr. Right (if he even exists! :) ) I live in Mid to northern Michigan and I have been TTC on and off for about a year and a half. I have been using 029G but so far with no luck. I love NW because it was the only bank I found where I could go with out Dr. recommendation. Wishing everyone lots of sticky, sticky baby-dust!
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • gigglebabygigglebaby Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Well hello everyone :) My name is Marlana I have been trying since I was about 37 seem to hit a lot of walls on my journey mostly finacially but sometimes with timing as well. Lets see I guess you could call me a smbc now. Although originally I couldn't be called that I have two daughters Dawn is my oldest she 18 will turn 19 in april she is a senior in high school this year and then I have my daughter Noelle who is actually homeschooled because of the regular school messing her up she is 17 years old.oh she is also the one I put up the drawings and videos she is really into making the videos and that I had my girls at 21 and 22 years old and i was made to raise them by myself it was hard yes but I grew so much by having them young and learned so much by them. Well with this one I have always wanted 3 babies and waiting for mr right is so yesterday not saying I wouldn't like to meet someone special but I Know I don't need to wait for him. I was using frozen before but switched to fresh last year and I will be doing a try this month probably in the next week or so oh yeah also using clomid this cycle
    I hope we get our BFP's really soon

I guess I should put where I am from I lived in southern california my whole life till 2004 and I now live in houston Texas
    ttc.png
  • rharris80rharris80 Posts: 43
    edited November -1
    Becky and Holly here from Orlando, FL! We are both 28 and have been together since Oct 2003. We are ttc our first baby with fresh donor sperm. I started out as the carrier back in June 08 and conceived in October 08. Unfortunately that ended in November at 8 weeks pregnant. Now we are trying with Holly as the carrier. We are using the same known donor and are in the middle of our 4th try. Our story can be found at http://2momswithaplan.blogspot.com.

us.jpg
    Becky
  • Mom712Mom712 Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I am Victoria,

I am 38, married and live in Alaska!!

Mom to 9 (in my heart) -
    Son -Oldest is 20 - was on bed rest with him starting at 30wks
    Daughters--
    19 - went on best rest with her at 28weeks. She's been fighting cancer for over 4 years.
    17 - bedrest at 25 weeks, bled the entire pregnancy and lost her twin. She had a massive brain tumor 5 years ago and is a miracle she is still with us. No tumor growth but she has a rare genetic disorder and her knee bone cartilage deteriated and is now on an organ donor list for a new knee bone & cartridge.
    16 - foster daughter we finally adopted 2 years ago!
    14 - after 4 mc's and headrest starting at "day of viability" we have this little ray of sunshine!!
    #6 isn't in our home - we went thru the process of adopting a little boy we had him for 2 years. I held him thru his long nights of withdrawal from being born on drugs, hes my baby boy, at the day of adoption the bio dad changed his mind, a few mos later do to neglect he was hospitalized with mersa, again I held him and when he got healthy they sent him back to his dad, we see him around town and he still looks sick-skinny- and neglected. He has sad eyes now. It breaks my heart and there is nothing I can do. He is the biggest reason we are trying to get pregnant I just can't go thru that again.
    Since last I was on here we had 1 successful pregnancy with donor that ended in mc at about 12weeks.
    We decided my body just can't carry anymore babies and we gave up. Then the day before our foster license was to expire we got a call for a beautiful boy who was 10mos old, neglected with fas. He is almost 3 now and so amazing to have in our lives. Then on my birthday 2011 we got a call his baby brother needed a home so we of course said yes. We got him at 10 days old. We are finalizing the adoption now still waiting on 1 judges signature!
    In Jan we took on a 16yr old boy that our kids have known for roughly 6 years.

So everything happens for a reason... We didn't succeed in ttc and found the courage to foster more and we got 3 great boys added to our family!

Besides the 2 legged children we have 3 cats, 1 dogs (we rescued a mommy cat & her baby as well as a little terrier)

I been charting for well over a year started to track my migraines and the link between them and my cycles. Didn't ever dream DH would go for DS but he did so the charting sure came in useful to help us get a quicker start on GAI. We AI'd Jan (5 vials IUI) = BFN, Feb (3 ICI = 2 IUI vials) = BFN, Mar (2 ICI + 1 IUI vials) = BFN, April & May took off, June (1IUI & 1 ICI) = BFN, June found a mass on my right ovary and had to put TTC on hold. Mass grew and had it removed in September wasn't Cancer was called a "Dermoid Cyst" Hoping to TTC again in Jan 2010. We did conceive after the surgery but lost our baby. No more ttc for us but our home is full and hopefully will continue to be.

Well thought I would pop in to update for any of the ladies who may remember me.
    ttc.png
  • jodyjody Posts: 152
    edited November -1
    Hi!
    My name is Jody and I'm from Michigan and I'm 35!! I conceived my daughter Emily in 2007 and had her 10/22/07 via. another bank. Fortunately I found these wonderful boards and met some wonderful people and continue to come here for support. I plan on trying again this year for my #2 using my same donor.
    607-1-1.jpg
  • smd78smd78 Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Hi, My name is Sarah I am 30 and have been married for almost 11 years to the love of my life. We have 3 kids together dd9, ds8, ds6 we always wanted one more, but my husband was diagnosed with lynch syndrome 3 years ago and our geneticist said that any kids would have a 50% chance of having it as well. After lots of thought and long conversations we decided that we would try sperm donor first and if this doesn't work then we will look at adoption. Our family doctor actually recommended looking into at home insemination since our other three kids were so easily conceived. and that the RE in our area charges $350 just to walk into the room:o That is how we came across NW and now we are anxiously awaiting approval. Crossing fingers good luck to everyone here:)

YEAH!!! ACCEPTED:D:D:D
    ttc.png
  • NadzNadz Posts: 20
    edited March 2009
    Hello, My name is Natalie and me and my girlfriend (Heather) have been together for 4 years. We live in WA and have lived here all our lives, I couldnt imagine living anywhere else, though I wouldnt mind. :) We decided in July 2008 to try and have a baby after my 21st birthday ( we had a big trip planned to Las Vegas). We went straight to a Dr. for the first try (I have never tried getting Pregnant) just assuming that my chances would be higher doing that. And, sure enough, pregnant the month after my 21st birthday, 1st try! It was really exciting and shocking at the same time, as we weren't expecting it to work the first time. We are now expecting a little boy and are VERY excited to be parents! We are now in the process of buying our very first home too! All, lots of exciting things going on in our life. You can visit our blog at the below link.... I try to update it at least once a week with belly pics and updates on life.
    mRN6pxC.jpgmRN6m7.png
    tTjtLGd.jpgtTjtm7.png
  • faerys13faerys13 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm Single, 25 years old, and live in Maine!

Always wanted kids, and honestly never pictured having a S.O. in the picture. I think I wanted to always be a SMBC, before I had ever even heard of the term.
    Have struggled with irregular and/or annovulatory cycles all my life, so I have known that sooner rather than later will likely be more successful for me. No previous children, however I was subject to the disappointment of a failed adoption in early 2007.
    I am hoping to ultimately have two children (and hoping that they won't be at the same time), although I would like them to be full siblings, I wouldn't be crushed if they weren't. And I am dreaming that at least one will be a little girl, but again wouldn't be disappointed if I had two beautiful boys.
    I work as an RN on an adult surgical floor of the local hospital. I a big beliver in Organic/Natural food, All things "Green", Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cosleeping, Homebirthing etc. I live next door to a progressive Montessori school and feel that will be an excellent fit for my beliefs.
    That's all for now.
    After 8 attempts...6 BFN, 1 Chemical Pregnancy, and 1 Miscarriage
    Attempt #9...June 25/26?
  • yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    My name is Jamie. I am 29 and TTC my third child.

Initially I started my journeey with adoption. I took home my son, Zachary, at two days old and was in love :) Just before he turned 6 months old his birth father changed his mind and I lost Zach. I immediately turned to AI.

I conceived the twins on my third attempt (fourth cycle) when I was 25 and delivered the twins just before my 26th birthday. The twins were spontaneous (no meds) and there was no history in my family - talk about shock!

I wanted to TTC last May ('08 ) but I wasd diagnosed with MS in February and I needed to wait a year until I TTC to see how I responded to meds. I have had an uneventful year and have been given the go-ahead to TTC again. I am currently on my 2nd cycle and hoping for the best.
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • sannysanny Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I am completely new to this board and TTC. However, I have been doing a lot of research!!!

I am ~6 hours before ovulation, and just did my first AI! Yea! I did an at-home IUI and it went very smooth. No pain, no problems! I plan on doing another at 5:00 a.m. Then, comes the tormenting waiting game.

I am using donor number 080F. I have read that this donor has good success rates, so hopefully someluck will fall my way.

Please, please wish me lots of baby dust! I will keep everyone posted on how the second iui goes, and if I actually do get pregnant.

This is so exciting! Lots of baby dust to everyone.
    -S
  • Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    Hello ladies.

My name is Veronica, a SMBC, and I live in the Pacific Northwest. I'm 37, and have been actively trying to conceive since last year, but it has been on my mind for years. I think I started posting on NW boards starting about 5 ish years ago, off and on. I have a 17 year son, who is my world. :) I would dearly love to have one more, and pray that I can conceive within the next year. I have worked in the medical field for many years (I actually started in the Navy) but have my BS in education.

I have homeschooled my son for many years (up until this year, when he started community college). I haven't decided if I will homeschool my next child, if I am so fortunate to conceive. I may decide to do it from 2nd grade through 8th grade.

I look forward to getting to know you all more!

Sincerely, Veronica
  • CindyliliesCindylilies Posts: 2
    edited March 2009
    Hello,
    I am Cynthia, will be 30 this summer, been married almost 9 y.o to my huband Mike. We were blessed in 2008, and got pregnant on our first try with a donor doing ICI. Sadly we lost our son (Ole), at 5 months of pregnancy. We recently tired twice to get pregnant doing ICI, but had no luck so far. We plan to try again in June, with a new donor. Were really hoping to be holding our little blessing in March 2010. Its been hard, though I am happy to hear others now pregnant, it still hurts a little, cause it somthing we wish we had.

Cynthia
    Seattle,WA
  • First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    I am Chantelle, and my wife is Cyndi. We have posted our story here and there so sorry to repeat. We live in Phx AZ. We were best friends for 2.5 years, then decided we really loved each other and took the risk to take it to the next step. I am currently an LPN will graduate with my RN in May of this year, can not wait. Cyndi is a fire Capitan. We started dating Nov 26 2006, she asked me to marry her in Sept of 07, we were married in March of 08. It is not legal in AZ but we did everything as though it were. I got a big diamond out of it. LOL. I inherited 2 boys ages 4 and 7 at the age of 22 while I was married to a man. I am 33 almost 34 and Cyndi is 29 half way to 30. Our boys are now 15 and 18. This month is the first month TTC. I was married 10 years and we tried but I think neither myself or X-husband can have biological children. I was blesssed to have a beautiful woman enter my life and want children and is willing to do all the hard work. I am a little jealous but more grateful than jealous. We are praying to have this happen quickly, I feel like I am starting all over again, kinda in a rush so my energy level can keep up with the baby. Our plan is two, however it depends on how quickly our BFP happens as we all know it can be very costly. We both did not want to be lesbians, but that is who we are and have come to grips and are very open about our relationship. There is only one donor that has Cyndi's traits which of course I love and want to continue. I tried clomid in the past, but nothing every came of that. Cyndi has never had intercourse with a man that would lead her to pregnancy so we really don't know her fertility status. For the time being I would rather keep Dr.s out, only becuase by me doing the insems, I feel like I am in some way contributing to her becoming pregnant. I did not think this journey would be so stressful, I don't know why becuase when I was trying it was the worst emotional roller coaster ever. But now I have my nearly perfect wife who I think is my lucky star.
    I guess that sums it up in a nutshell. I love the forum, still dont' have all the abbreviations figured out but I am trying. The thing is I have always been jealous when others around me got pregnant, but the forum has changed that part of me. I am just as excited about everyone else as I am with us. I love that their our traditional families, single mothers, and lesbian couples. I guess it makes it easy to talk to everyone here becuase we are all in this together.
    GODD LUCK EVERYONE!! I pray every night for everyone to get their BFPS, I usually shed a happy tear when I hear of one.
    We are an open book for the most part so if we can every help anyone, even though we are new at this, please feel free to contact us.
    Again, GOOD LUCK
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • AlicatAlicat Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi I am Ali (25), happily married to a wonderful husband (37) and live in Texas.

Our story began in 2003 that was when we got married and have tried for a baby since 2004 or so. We tried having a child for all these years and nothing happened. We never thought anything of it other than it would happen when the time was right. I was very wrong. After talking to DH, we decided to go to a doctor and get checked out. They told me I was fine and everything looked good with me and then it was DH's turn and they said he had a 0 sperm count, and would never father my children. This was very devastating for both him and me, and we did not understand why this was happening to us. Heck I think we still dont understand. The doctor was very cruel and broke my heart, telling me laughing that I would never. Anyway this was last year in January I think. Anyway after several months of talking to him, and looking online for a way to get a baby. I found NW, and it changed my life. I talked to DH and he finally agreed to try this way. I know it is hard for him to go through this, but he knows how badly I want a baby. We decided to try for the first time via ICI in June and that resulted in a BFN. We tried again last month and resulted in a BFN and now we are on our thirda try this month. Just waiting to see what will happen. I am so excited about this month. Well this was our story, made it short. Best of luck to everyone.
    DZMgm6.png
    020.jpg
    041.jpg
  • katerob30katerob30 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    We are Kate and Susan from Michigan and this is our second try with north west. Our first try resulted in a girl (now 21 months) and we are hoping to be as lucky this time around! I am waiting patiently to have a BFP tonight when I finally get to pee on the stick!!! My test date is not really until Sunday but I can't stand it anymore so I am going to buy whichever test says "early results" LOL. Good luck everyone!
    Kate, Susan (DP), Grace 5 (donor 340), Gabrielle 2 (donor 514)
    100_3739.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    image-4.jpg
  • sirvin12sirvin12 Posts: 88
    edited November -1
    My name is Shannon and I am a 37 year old SMBC to my beautiful donor baby Sydney. She turned 3 in January. I was 33 almost 34 when she was born. I always thought that it would be wonderful to meet someone and have the fairytale wedding and life after, but it was never something that I thought of as essential to my life. Motherhood is another story. My life truly would not be complete without being a mom. I started researching the donor thing when I was 28 and knew it was what I wanted to do. I graduated from nursing school when I was 29, moved to Phoenix, bought a house and really started planning. I got pregnant on my first try and after a rough pregnancy had my daughter at 36 weeks. She is the most amazing little person I have ever had the privilege of knowing and sometimes I still can't believe she is mine. It can be tough being a single mom but so worth it. I have lots of support from friends and family and I am currently trying for #2.
    Shannon, Sydney and Hayden
    th_SH_0252cb_zps4d7d171a.jpg
    z6qpm7.png1TBam7.png
  • SquizzoSquizzo Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    My name is Shevon, and I an going to be 29 in April (crap... in a couple weeks... haha... I was going to have a fun Dirty Dancing Themed Party, but it's getting too late... hmmmm... I'll have to work on that).
    Anyhow, I have been looking into artificial insemination since I was 18 (believe it or not!). I guess I always knew in the back of my head that I would be doing this on my own. Not that I haven't given men the chance to be my prince charming... sadly, I've kissed only toads... haha
    In a lot of ways, I wish I had started this sooner (early 20s). I have been wanting to be a mom since I was a teen... I knew it was for me. I also know that it's a crazy journey... but I can only imagine how fulfilling of a journey it will be. I hope to know soon :) ... I WILL know soon!!! :D
    I am so thankful for NW and all you fantastic ladies. I don't talk about this to many people. I have mentioned it here and there, so most people I'm close to understand that it's something I'd be willing to do to have kids... I haven't told anyone, however, that I am actually in the process of inseminating (I saw an episode of "Friends" where Joey talked Monica out of AI... I don't want any of my friends to do the same- I need full peace of mind in my decision).
    This month (about 2-4 days from today) will be my 5th ttc cycle (2nd attempt this time around). I'm really excited and have been thinking nothing but positive thoughts. AND- I'm feeling the ovaries working their magic :lol:
    I too am working on being as earth-friendly as possible. I want to sew my own all-in-one cloth diapers. If I get around to it and they work well, I might be willing to sell some to anyone interested (time permitting) :) I also plan to breastfeed, co-sleeping will most-likely be for me and my kiddos, and I am Vegan... again (I hope to stay that way and want to raise my kids Vegan... It feels wonderful!)
    I currently live in Southern California but grew up in Tucson, AZ. I like to move around, so I'm not sure where I will go next. I'm in debate between Florida, Oregon, and Northern California... Whatever... haha.

Good Luck to all you fabulous mommies/ mommies to be, and thank you all for being here... I know we are all appreciative :D
    ceb56f15.jpg

bDJqm8.png
  • Jaden_2mommiesJaden_2mommies Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Hello,
    My partner and I have been together for 5 years..
    I have been to the board many times but never thought to register.. :):/
    Anyway im glad I did.. We did a insem in March and now we are 5 weeks pregnant..Yayy for us..
    Good luck to everyone!!:D
    We used Donor 094G
    .png
  • kimmay73kimmay73 Posts: 1
    edited April 2009
    I'm Kim. I'm 36 and trying to become a SMBC, with my ex-partner possibly involved (and possibly not my ex-partner) We were together for 5 yrs, then split up, I moved and we didn't speak for 2 years, then re-built our friendship over the past 5 yrs and now are talking about moving forward in our relationship again, however, we now live in different states. (Wow, that's confusing to try and explain!!) I'm currently in Tucson, AZ (she's in NM), but I would like to move back to Chicago after I have a baby (which is where I grew up).

I actually wasn't sure i would be able to have biological children b/c I had open heart surgery when I was 27 and I take coumadin, which is very harmful to fetuses, but now I have the option to use heparin during my pregnancy, which puts me in a high-risk pregnancy category, but I have the support of my Cardiologist and a very good perinatologist who specializes in heart conditions in pregnant women (now I just need to get pregnant). I think b/c I've spent my entire life in hospitals (prior to my heart surgery) i'm really comfortable with doctors, so I'm using a RE to get pregnant, he's an extrememly good doctor and i feel very lucky to have found him. I also hope to adopt in the future. I would like at least 2 kids, prefer 3, and wouldn't say no to even more!

I'm on try #4, using IUI and frozen donor sperm from NW. I was just put on Femara for this attempt and I have to take progesterone as well for a luteal phase defect. Good Luck to everyone!
    Simon the Wise...fur angel 5/7/09 Home20.jpg

kimandmaddy2-1.jpg
    Me (36)
    SMBC ttc#1
  • KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I'm Kari, 36, a teacher in Maine, and going to be a SMBC. After 15 years of searching for Mr. Right and only finding Mr. Not Ready to Commit or Have Children, I decided that I can marry at any age, but only have children for so long. So dating got put on hold, and charting took over my life.

I initially looked into foreign, domestic, and foster adoption, but kept confronting obstacles. In the process of researching adoption, I stumbled across this board and realized AI was a possibility and probably my best - and quickest - option.

I tried for two months last summer before realizing that I had a minor infertility issue and got a referral to a "fertility specialist" who knew less than me. But, she could prescribe drugs, so I conceived during my fourth cycle trying (first month on meds). I'm expecting a boy this June, and I think I'll try for a second child after a year or so.

I've really appreciated all the tips and advice I've received from ladies on this board. It has been immeasurably helpful, and TTC never would've worked without you! Thank you!!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • babyforusbabyforus Posts: 18
    edited March 2011
    I have been lurking for almost a year and finally decided it was time to post.

My partner and I have been together 5 years and have a 3year old daughter together. We had a KD with our daughter, but he was unwilling/unable to help us out for #2, so we've found NW. I temp, check cervical mucus/position, and use the fertility lens, but do not use OPKs. I have tried them before, but never got a positive, even when TTC my daughter when I obviously DID ovulate.

We are on try number 2, but so far no luck. Currently I'm on CD 30/ 19DPO and no sign of AF and I've spent waaay too much money on HPTs, all negative. I'm just waiting for AF and ready to get on with the next cycle.
  • hpugirl25hpugirl25 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm Kelly. I came here because my husband has a 0 sperm count. We've been through a lot with doctors telling us there is nothing they can do for him (after running a bunch of tests), so I went through a donor IVF that ended in a BFN. We switched REs and got one who said he could help my DH....and he did! But then we went for a retest and it was 0 again. So a year and a half after finding out he had no sperm the first time and we are no closer to our goal of having a family. So we are just going through with donor insems now. Both very excited to actually have a "real" shot! I am 25, he is 24, we've been together for over 5 years, married for 2 in May, and been TTC for over 3....
  • EARTHYGIRLFRIDAYEARTHYGIRLFRIDAY Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi I am Kara (aka earthgirlfriday) and this is my first post to the NW forum. My hubby and I are unable to conceive naturally, so when I found NW and learned that they would deliver to the house, I was elated. I am 34 and this is our first time with AI. I have three vials scheduled for delivery on the 20th of this month and I am trying not to get hopes up too high in the event we are not successfull the first time. I have never been pregnant and all of my annual exams have always been normal. I am so proud to be a part of this forum where true womanship is demonstrated through all of you! I am on CD1, AF usually lasts a week and should O on the 22th. Thanks for letting me share.
  • mmjmmj Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi I am 43 and planning to have my first IUI this month.
  • jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Jennifer and I'm new here. I have decided to become a Choice Mom and was directed to this bank from another woman on the same journey as me. I'm currently 28 and will plan to start trying either at the end of this year or more than likely the beginning of next year. The only thing that really is concerning me, is the availability of wanting contact donors. I always thought that I would definately go that route but now I'm up in the air. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • WillsmomWillsmom Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Hi - my name is Juli. I am a 39 yrs old single mom. I have a biological son, Will who is 4. His father passed away when he was three months. I don't want him to be an only-child and I really want to have at least one more child. I became a foster parent in 2007 with the hopes of expanding our family that way, unfortunately we have only had two placements - each for 24 hrs. I have looked into International Adoption, but it's so expensive and many countries do not want to adopt to single women.

I had an appointment with my Ob/Gyn today and she has agreed to do the insemination for me. I am using a donor, from another bank. I am hoping to start in June. Will and I are going to Disney World in May so I wanted to get that trip over with before I started trying. My doctor prescribed Clomid (50mg) so hopefully that will do the trick! I never had any trouble getting pregnant with my son, but that was five years ago too.

Good luck to everyone -