Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• Options
    BarefootBarefoot Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    I'm 41, dh & I have been together 18 years and have a 12 year old son. Dh got a vasectomy soon after ds was born, believing we were done. We started regretting a few years after. got a reversal, TTC for 2 years before realizing that although his swimmers had returned, they were damaged. we were told our only chance for a shared biological child was ivf w/icsi. after a brief crazy period where we considered going deeply into debt, we decided to admit we just can't afford it :( and yet, we would still be so happy to have another child, so we decided to try donor sperm.

my first 2 vials arrive tomorrow, and at-home ici will probably be weds & Thurs iif opk has same timing as last month (fingers crossed). I feel tentatively confident about the procedure after studying the boards and researching as much as possible, but it's still nerve wracking! I wish it hadn't taken until i was 41 to figure this out. because of my age, our financial position, the stress, and other factors, we've decided to limit ourselves to just three tries, 2 vials each time, and then move forward from there.

I'be been really grateful for all the info shared on the forums-- it's wonderful to be able to learn from others and know someone else is going thru all the craziness too!
  • Options
    mylilsmiliesmylilsmilies Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi all! I'm a single mama by choice and I'm just starting the journey for #2 after several years of figuring out which path is best for me and my kiddo. I have decided to go the known donor route and I've been working with a great donor since November. Unfortunately, all of my attempts have been thwarted either by weekend ovulation or inclement weather, so I haven't really gotten a good go at it yet despite my best efforts. Hoping this cycle will be the one! :)
  • Options
    eemabirdeemabird Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    Hello! I'm Eemabird (eema is Hebrew for mother and what my two kiddos call me). I have a ten year old son with a known donor/dad (he's actively involved and known as "Dad") and a five year old daughter who is a NW baby conceived with donor sperm. My new wife is in the process of adopting my daughter, and we're now in the process of trying to have another child together. The first time I went about the AI route I was much younger, more naive, and didn't know enough to be daunted by the whole process. I got pregnant on the fourth try, and I don't think the first one should even count because I had no clue what I was doing. Now I'm 36, better informed, and cognizant of how lucky I got my first time out and how difficult this whole process can be.
  • Options
    kyme0504kyme0504 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello! I am Kim and my wife Ali and I are new to this TTC thing. We are super excited to have done our first insemination TODAY!! We have been married almost a year, but from the moment we met it was all that she wrote! I definitely am hopeful that we are one of the lucky ones who gets preggos the first time, but if not we will try again! Good luck to everyone!! :)
  • Options
    kgrubbskgrubbs Posts: 145
    edited November -1
    Hi! My name is Katy, and my wife's name is Tonya. We have been trying for four months now, and are currently in the final days of our tww on the 4th try. The first three times were IUI's with a fertility clinic. The first try I got a bfp, but ended in a biochemical pregnancy at 5wks6days. The second two were not successful, and that's when we decided to switch to NWcryobank. The previous one was way too expensive and the donors kept selling out causing us to have to do a new search every month. So, this month and going forward we are using a trigger shot, but doing at home inseminations. We absolutely love our new donor and are hoping for a BFP in a couple days. I'm 11dpo right now, and had a bfn this morning. I got a faint bfp on day 12 the first time, so my hopes are still high! I didn't have what felt like could be implantation cramping until yestarday, so I'm guessing we have up until probably day 15 (Sunday) to get our bfp. Send some baby dust and positive vibes down to Texas for us!
  • Options
    SC2ttcSC2ttc Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    My name is Stacey and my wife is Shawna. We have been married for about three years and legally married for about a year and a half. We are just starting out with ttc. We have been wanting to try for a very long time, but we seem to be in the right place now. We are very excited and anxious to get started. I will be carrying. If anyone has any tips or tricks we are open. We probably wont get to actually start trying for at least a month or two, I have a few medical issues that I believe will effect my fertility, but unsure. But we hope to poke around the boards and try to learn as much as we can.
  • Options
    kellymouse84kellymouse84 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! I'm almost 30 and just starting out on this ttc journey. I'm turning 30 next month and done waiting . The one thing I've always wanted was to be a mom. It was never if, always when, and when has come. I'm ready to do this on my own, and if I find a husband in the future, then great. I'm planning on starting off on the at-home insem route and hoping for the best. I'm hoping to start my first round next month!
  • Options
    pbblsb2000pbblsb2000 Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Carwanda, 32 and my wife, 29. We have been together for three years and married for almost 2 years. We are proud parents to 4 fur babies (2 dogs and 2 cats).

My wife and I have decided to start our TTC journey and we have been actively TTC since February 2014, with me as the carrier for the first child. We have completed 1 OB/GYN IUI (medicated with Clomid) which was a BFN. I have previously had a Laparoscopic surgery in 2005 to remove ovarian cysts, unfortunately due to extensive scar tissue my left ovary and fallopian tube was removed but I have experienced regular cycles and ovulation every month. I started a prenatal vitamin 3 months ago, tracking my cycle for over a year, and began BBT charting Jan. 2014. We have #2 IUI scheduled for 3/31/14 and I can’t wait.

We wish everyone lots of sticky, sticky baby-dust! I look forward to all the tips and advice from the ladies on this board (I have been lurking for months and you ladies have provided AMAZING knowledge and support to other members) 
    TTC:
    #1= February 2014- Clomid 50mg - IUI: BFN
    #2= March 2014- Clomid 100mg + Novarel – IUI @ 36hrs: BFN
    April/May 2014- BREAK
  • Options
    JaisquaredJaisquared Posts: 72
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone,

We are Jaime and Arianna, we are a married lesbian couple living in Maryland. We have a 3 year old son, who was born with down syndrome and are looking to expand our family. We are new to the process of using a sperm bank; Our son was conceived by insemination at home from a known donor. We have a lot of questions as to the whole process, if anyone wants to share their insight on the best procedures but we will start other threads with our questions.

Also, we are looking for anyone who wants to share donor pictures. We have donor 4206 and 510P pictures that we are willing to share as well.
    857b026b-33f8-47f1-833c-5a4cea757809_zps2a279b5a.jpg 8fc7b298-8172-4f96-b6a3-b933b214ffd3_zpsa74b4ff7.jpg
  • Options
    abbyabby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    I haven't done the "introduce yourself yet". Here goes:

My name is Abby and I'm 36. My wife is 49. We have been together for three years and married for one. We will begin ttc in April 2014. Hoping for a one hit wonder!
  • Options
    DaniandCassDaniandCass Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi, My fiance and I have known each other for 13 years. Been together for 5 in March. Ohh I'm 31 and she is 32. We want a family. :D This is all new to us. I read posts and there are numbers and letters. ?? In feb we purchased some swimmers. Hope to do it in May. I have always wanted to be a mother, But as the days get closer to ?TTC Im freaking out lol. She is a cook at the hospital and I'm in Roofing. I hate the internet but I need answers and a community.
  • Options
    mrsandmrsduvallmrsandmrsduvall Posts: 198
    edited November -1
    Hello! I thought we should go ahead and introduce ourselves on the board!

My wife, Tiffany, and I are FINALLY starting the process of expanding our little family. We have been talking about it for years, but are finally in a place to make things happen.

We had a consultation at the RE last week and everything is good to go to hopefully try in April or May.

Exciting!

Thanks,

Jessica
    tt1d4410
    Jess 29, Tiff 30 (carrying)
    Started TTC in 2014
    IVF, July 2016, Flare Protocol, retrieval on 7/17 (freeze all), 14 out of 17 mature, all 14 fertilized!
    FET on 9/22, 1 5-day blast transferred, BFP! 1st U/S on 10/24! Expected due date is June 10, 2017!
  • Options
    mrs.olsenmrs.olsen Posts: 76
    edited November -1
    Hi! My wife and I lurked around these boards a few years back, but ultimately decided it was not the right time for us. However, it finally is the right time for us! :) My name is Rebecca and my wife's name is Christen. We're 31 and 32, respectively. We've been together almost five years, married almost four, and if everything goes according to plan, we are inseminating for first time next month! We are both very excited and kind of nervous and have lots of questions still so if you see us around on the message boards, please say hi! :)
    2ijs2l4.jpg
    Christen & Rebecca

1st IUI - 10/02/14 - BFN
  • Options
    MomToBe85MomToBe85 Posts: 60
    edited April 2014
    Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have been together for 5 years and are finally planning on taking the next step towards making our family complete. We are planning to purchase 2 IUI vials next month for our first at-home insem. We are super excited and, thanks to many in this forum, very optimistic. We understand this might be a long process and are happy there are others going through this with us. Like Mrs. Olsen, we'll have PLENTY of questions as we near our "special day" so please feel free to share your expertise and experiences. :D
  • Options
    lsaeedrnlsaeedrn Posts: 382
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is LaTeisha and I am 39 years of age and I reside in Yonkers, New York. What an awesome community that you guys have formed, and I am so glad to be a part of it.

Well here goes!! This week I hope to start my very first IVF cycle and I am hoping that it results in a pregnancy. I am a straight female who was very blessed to have a loving husband and two amazing kids, but in 2009 all three of them were taken away from me as a result of a drunk driver running head on into them. An unfortunate event, but an event that has given me so much courage and strength to embark upon this next journey within my life. I will be a single mother, and thanks to a strong support system know that the task will be not as hard as it would be if I had no help at all.

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis, so I will do my retrieval and take lupron and wait three months before implantation. Sucks right? Yea I know, but it will try to talk him out of me waiting that long. That's like torture. Anyway, I will be using donor 7836...so wish me luck guys!!
    Me(39) SMBC
    Tubal ligation(1999), Adenomyosis, Endometriosis
    DS (19 week preemie) DS (24 week preemie) ^^IC^^ Daughter(19) and Son(14) ^^FET #1: BFP...7 week mc (triplets). FET#2: March 2015(chemical) IVF #3: April 2015
  • Options
    SamiD08SamiD08 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    Hi all! I introduced myself once about 3 years ago, but since we are getting ready to try for another tiny child I decided to introduce myself again :). My wife (29) (officially as of 7/8/14 :D ) and I (24) are from Oregon and have 3 beautiful kids already, Jarrod Daemion (10), Jaedyn Devynne (5), and Jaycee Dylanne (2). The older 2 are from my wife's previous relationships and Jaycee we had together. We have been together almost 5 years, and every single one has been amazing. We are trying for our 4th child now (starting tonight) and we couldn't be more excited!
  • Options
    TDE77TDE77 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm Tanya,

I'm 36 and will be attempting my first IUI as a SMC via a fertility center very soon. I have PCOS and had a battle with complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypia a couple of years back. It's been quite a journey just to get to this point. I've always wanted to be a mommy and have finally decided to reach for my dream. I've been on Provera for two years. My RE just added Metformin to the mix. I will also be starting Clomid with a trigger this coming cycle. If there is anyone out there who has a similar background I'd love to hear about your experiences. I just purchased two vials of donor 3122 and hoping for lots of luck. It's great to be here! :)
  • Options
    sunshinemesunshineme Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone I'm new to this site I found out about nw cryobank and was excited that the prices aren't that high,
    I'm 36yrs old and hoping on have another child I already have one little miracle a little girl who turned 4 last month I say miracle since it took me through a long journey of just 13 yrs just to conceive her.. After 13 miscarriages and 1 ectopic , so my little girl was my 15th pregnancy, was she a miracle or what. I've had 3 D & C's a hystrosalpingogram , fertility drs and after everything you name it. I've seen two doctors in mexico great doctors I might say..but no one can compare to my gyno from texas he found why I was losing the pregnancies something my fertility drs at uc davis in California couldn't . my blood clots when I get pregnant, all the dr did at uc davis was get me pregnant with the iui not helping me find out why I was losing them. I started to see a dr in mexico and I was on injections and clomid and I did it for 2 months but I stopped since I have having problems with my husband I kicked him out of my house. well the following month I went to see him and we had a quickie and I left and guess what happened off meds and all I got prego shocker , I guess after that quickie couple days later got back together and then to find out I was prego wow, I went to see my gyno here in texas and right away I was put on lovenox to thin my blood, when I heard the first heart beat I started to cry, I just couldn't believe it. well I was considered a high risk so I saw two doctors, my daughter was giving contractions starting on my 6month so I was given a shot to stop the contractions and put on contraction meds also, I was in and out of the hospital 2 to 3 times a months I was admitted each time from 2 to 6 days at times, it was hard. I'm so thankful; my parents found out I was pregnant and my dad retired and they moved down to texas from California to take care of me , I was not living with my hubby he wanted me to abort once he found out. I have the blessing of having great parents. thank you god.with out my I don't think I would of been able to inject myself every morning she was my nurese. the funny thing is every time my dad took me to the hospital they thought he was the baby daddy, lol Well I had went to my gyno and told him I couldn't walk anymore I had really bad preeclampsia and I was admitted to the hospital and had to wait 24hours to try and deliver since the lovenox ( blood thinner meds) was in body and I could bleed to death. I had an emergency csection 3oclock in the morning and it was a terrible experience.. well after all I had a great and beautiful daughter and Now I started and new journey to have another child I already talk to my dr and I will start my injections on my next cycle September can't wait. :)
    Mommy to a 5yr old daughter

I've had 13 miscarriages and 1 ectopic
    My daughter was number 15 miracle
  • Options
    2mommies70782mommies7078 Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm not real new here but never fully introduced myself.

My partner and I have been together almost 6 years. We have tried a total of 5 times over a two year span and unmedicated at home. All BFN's :-( we were ready to try again in May but I ended up injuring my back. Now it's almost September, and we are ready to try again. I was curious as to what everyone's ages were that are trying at home unmedicated? I'm nervous that it won't ever happen for us if we keep trying at home. It costs a small fortune to use a fertility doctor to do the inseminations, and it cost us the same trying at home using 2 vials as it would with a doctor with only one vial.

My partner had breast cancer and can not carry due to having chemo and radiation as well as current med to keep cancer from returning. I just turned 36. I know as we get older it's harder to conceive. I pray it happens for us, and nothing more would make us happy then her being the one who knocked me up in the privacy of our home vs the clinical environment. Please say a prayer for us and we will keep all of you in our prayers as well!
    39 TTC baby # 1 for 4 years. Starting IVF in January.
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited September 2014
    Hello,

I'm 28 and have 2 fur babies, now ready for the human babies! I registered with NW, have been doing research, and snooping around this forum for the past year. I have learned many things yet there is still so much more to learn. I like NW, glad there is such an awesome community here.
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    Tina&ShanTina&Shan Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello all we're Tina&Shan, newlyweds (4/26/2014 :D ) and we are TTC. We have been to a Dr but he seemed as if he really didn't care so we opted to DIY so here we are. We've been stalking the profiles and lurking in the forms for awhile but totally not in a creepy way lol. We have two fur babies, a 5 yr old Shih Zue and a 3 yr old cat who are spoiled to the max but we are wanting a little one of our own.
    Sept '14 iui's- BFN; Oct '14 ici & iui- BFN; Nov '14 iui as ici- BFN; Dec '14 iui's-BFN; Jan '15 Break; Feb '15 iui's- BFN; Mar'15 iui's BFN: Apr, May-Break, June '15 iui'es-BFN, Jan'17 iui-BFP with baby girl.
  • Options
    pandamompandamom Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    My name is Amanda. New here! But not new to TTC. You can see my signature for all those deets. Anyway, just waiting for my cycle to begin so we can place our order at try at home insems this time!
    A (33) married to B (33) with male factor infertility
    IVF with ICSI: baby boy 2007
    IUI with donor: Twin boys 2010
    Trying again for our grand finale baby. Doing ICI at home this time.
  • Options
    bright_shadowbright_shadow Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    Hello everybody! My name is Penny and I live in Florida. I will be 32 years old shortly and have always wanted to have children. I just finished my Masters degree early last year and didn't focus 100% on finding a husband and future father while in school. After I finished I looked and looked and had no luck. I have been thinking about trying to become a single parent by choice for a year now and decided a couple months ago to do it. I know that it may take a while to get pregnant and stay pregnant (my mom's first child was a miscarriage at 6 months and her mother had to have hysterectomy after she was born) so I want to try now and I don't feel that no having a male partner should hinder my potential of being a great mother. Sorry, I've been thinking about this for awhile and tend to get carried away...and wordy. :) I've been tracking my menstrual cycle for a year and my ovulation for about 4 months now. I'm hoping to try for the first time at the end of October!
    December 2014 -BFN
    February 2015 - BFN
    April 2015 - BFN
  • Options
    Charity22348Charity22348 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hello,

Nice to meet all of you! My name is Charity, and I am attempting to become a SMBC. The majority of my focus has always been invested in my work, education and building a life in which I could have children and remain well off. I have thought about AI many times throughout the past as a viable option for myself. I've never really met anyone I felt the desire to have children with and I have reached that point in my life wherein I'm ready to begin my family.
    I did some research on various cryobanks before deciding to use nw. I've read through the forum and really appreciated the stories and advice people have shared here. If anyone has experience regarding TTC with PCOS, I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Charity
  • Options
    ebethouebethou Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone,

I'm Elizabeth. I'm trying to become a single mother by choice. I've tried to conceive with a known donor without success, but I decided I wanted to switch to an open donor through a bank this time around. I'm happy to have found NW because I still want to try to conceive at home.

I am having some difficulty using the website. I tried to purchase an expanded profile and photos for a donor, but the website wouldn't let me complete my order without purchasing a vial. I obviously don't want to purchase a vial before looking at the expanded profile. I contacted NW for help and I'm waiting to hear back. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this or where to look for a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Best of luck to all!
    Elizabeth
  • Options
    shanya25shanya25 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Have you and your wife gotten pregnant by donor 605? I user him the first time and now I am 7 weeks pregnant
  • Options
    tracy611tracy611 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all,
    Finally found the right one at 44! We have decided to have a baby but my insurance doesn't cover IVF so although we haven't given IVF a try with my own eggs and have only tried for 3 months, we are going the egg donor route. Since we can only afford one loan, we want better odds of having a baby.
    Anyone have egg donor success? My RE feels the frozen egg route is not great odds with 6 oocytes. That maybe we'll get one embryo!
    If you've had egg donor success, can you share baby photos of you baby and egg donor # if still available?
    I'm looking for blonde, blue eyes.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    CutekiwiCutekiwi Posts: 80
    edited November 2014
    Hi my name is Gemma

I am 32 single and from New Zealand.

In New Zealand there is law and sperm cant be shipped in and the waiting list for a local sperm donor is years I have already been on the list a year and a half.

So I have booked a flight to the States for the 24th of December and I am going to give ICI one hit while I am there and hope for the best. I will be attempting this in a hotel in LA early Jan. Any tips or good advice is totally welcomed.

I am really excited to be heading to America (Disneyland) and giving this a shot but kinda nervous about DIYing on my own.

So many donors to chose from I cant decide!
  • Options
    allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi!

I'm Allison and have actually been looking at multiple pregnancy boards for over a year. I'm 29 and my wife and I are trying concieve our first baby.

Yes....I've been a lurker but after almost a year of trying to concieve (2 at home, 5 IUIs-both femara and hybrid cycles), I've decided I'm done being quiet. The frustration of waiting has been so hard. I have since been diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis. Though, I don't show typical signs as I've always had a period, ovulated, responded REALLY well to drugs, never had to skip a cycle, etc.

Where we are at now:
    Our insurance begins coverage on IVF starting January 1st. However, we have to do one more IUI cycle (apparently 6 is the magic number to be covered). So I started my fertility drugs today. :( It's hard to know you're walking into another roller coaster and truthfully I had just swallowed the idea of doing IVF at 29.

Is anyone else also dealing with fertility problems along with TTC?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
  • Options
    rosenas31rosenas31 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I am Zena and I am finally starting my TTC journey at the of age 33. I will be a single mom by choice and I am excited to be on this journey finally. I wanted to try sooner, however about a year ago I found out I was allergic to a lot of different foods, this after being sick constantly for 3 years. Now, that I have my health again I going to try for baby # 1, coming up in the next 4 days when I am due to ovulate.

Wishing baby dust on everyone and a successful cycle. :)